Mountain - Prairie For events in Colorado, Kansas, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming.

Colorado Lexus Club check in

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-13, 02:11 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

thats pretty much what I did several years ago. sold my 5spd 240sx and bought an auto sc300 then sold that one and bought a 5 spd sc300.
Old 02-15-13, 06:20 PM
VetoJuice
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, just picked up my 92 SC300 about a month ago now..

I've always wanted one ever since high school but they were pretty pricey back then!
I'm not new to modding and racing. I was in the DSM game since pretty much high school, I had a blast owning and building a lot of them but it was just time to do something different!
I actually traded my last Talon TSI AWD for it.. lol

I have to say I LOVE my SC even though I haven't owned it for too long and it's nothing too special... Yet.. lol
I've been doing a lot of research and I'm pretty excited for the future!
This really is a great platform.

I just want to say thanks to Ali for all the helpful info you've givin!
I've ran across a lot of your threads and posts.
You've helped me decide on what direction I want to take my car.
I've just been gathering parts for my na-t setup for now. It be great to meet some of you out here, since the majority of people I know are from the Mitsubishi game.

I live in Denver, whenever you guys want to meet I'll be there!

Last edited by VetoJuice; 02-15-13 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-19-13, 02:51 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Welcome to CL, and congrats on the SC. Always good to have more turbo SC's in the area.
If you have some questions about it just ask. hopefully when it gets warmer we can get something going this year.
Old 02-19-13, 06:18 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill be doing work on the weekends here and there at my garage (moms house) in the coming weekends.

Ffim conversion
COP conversion
Built auto install
Headgasket and headstuds
Few other things...

Anybody wants to drop by to bull**** or whatevr, hit me up on facebook

Facebook.com/umadbrad
Old 02-22-13, 01:49 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Man your back is going to hurt if you are doing all that with the motor in the car, but its doable without pulling.
If I get some free time one of these weekends ill come check out the progress, this weekend is looking busy though.
Old 02-23-13, 11:03 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, good luck with everything. I've tossed around the idea of getting rid of my DSM for a gte sc. Still tossing it around though. Haha
Old 02-25-13, 10:09 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Man your back is going to hurt if you are doing all that with the motor in the car, but its doable without pulling.
If I get some free time one of these weekends ill come check out the progress, this weekend is looking busy though.
Im waiting for it to be warmer. I was a professional mechanic for years so Im used to it. That stuff Im doing is cake. Ill be needing your help anyways... im doing some things that are your specialty. I bought Omars FFIM and LQ9 coils.

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
Yeah, good luck with everything. I've tossed around the idea of getting rid of my DSM for a gte sc. Still tossing it around though. Haha
You should, best thing that ever happened to me was my evo getting totaled (thru no fault of my own) couldnt stand the hassles that car was all about. (made 465 at the wheels)
Old 02-27-13, 02:48 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Well good to hear it should go smoothly. Omar's intake should make a nice addition, Not sure exactly on wiring the LQ9 coils without a standalone, there may be a way with also using the toyota ignitor or you need that IGF simulator thing.
Old 03-01-13, 09:24 AM
10thMtnLex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey fellow Colorado CL members! I too would be up for some get-togethers / drives / meets this summer. We should at least be able to make a showing at the annual RMMOC Toyota Meet (~June). I’ll keep an eye here for any developments...

Also, would any of you active / modding Colorado folks have any leads on a good, reputable Denver area shop that can perform an Auto to W58 Swap on my SC 300??? I have acquired 95% of the parts, and just need a knowledgeable install. What maintenance my car has needed, has always been done at the dealer, but the prices they would be likely to charge for just a few of the minor 'specialty' items (neutral switch, or back up lights) will require a second mortgage. I'm not looking for the bargain of the century, I have ~2K budget to get this done right. I just would like high quality work, and possibly someone who has actually done this before. Ideas? Leads?? LMK, Thanks a ton!!
Old 03-05-13, 01:31 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

thats a tough one im not familiar with the shops around here, I try and do all the wrenching when I can.
I would start calling up shops and see if the work on supra's or SC's that should narrow it down.
Old 03-07-13, 12:54 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still going to be working on the DSM for a while as my plans have changed. I'm thinking a baby turbo on my 10:1 2 liter should be fun on a road course. We shall see though, they are a lot of trouble at the same time.

As for my LS, I got my datasystem controller for it yesterday and hopefully my wheels will be on their way soon as well. Then I'm going to schedule some time with Figs and get some camber stuff worked out so I can fit these aggressive 22's.
Old 03-13-13, 02:26 AM
300Love
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone! I would definitely be interested in meets as well. I don't have myself a lexus yet though but I will hopefully have one in the near future if I can get rid of my gti! I was also curious if anyone had any is300's in the Colorado Springs area that might be willing to meet up somewhere sometime so I could check it out and maybe talk a little bit about it.
Old 03-19-13, 07:53 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
I'm still going to be working on the DSM for a while as my plans have changed. I'm thinking a baby turbo on my 10:1 2 liter should be fun on a road course. We shall see though, they are a lot of trouble at the same time.

As for my LS, I got my datasystem controller for it yesterday and hopefully my wheels will be on their way soon as well. Then I'm going to schedule some time with Figs and get some camber stuff worked out so I can fit these aggressive 22's.
most things 10:1 with a turbo are alot of trouble. I remember when my sc was high compression with the 61mm turbo man that had some kick to it.
The LS should look sick with 22's, good luck keep us posted.

Originally Posted by 300Love
Hey everyone! I would definitely be interested in meets as well. I don't have myself a lexus yet though but I will hopefully have one in the near future if I can get rid of my gti! I was also curious if anyone had any is300's in the Colorado Springs area that might be willing to meet up somewhere sometime so I could check it out and maybe talk a little bit about it.
shouldn't be too hard to find an IS300, good luck on the switch and get a manual if you can =)

Its getting warmer again, hopefully we can have a meet early on to get things rolling when we are clear of all the weather.
Old 03-20-13, 11:50 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 10thMtnLex
Hey fellow Colorado CL members! I too would be up for some get-togethers / drives / meets this summer. We should at least be able to make a showing at the annual RMMOC Toyota Meet (~June). I’ll keep an eye here for any developments...

Also, would any of you active / modding Colorado folks have any leads on a good, reputable Denver area shop that can perform an Auto to W58 Swap on my SC 300??? I have acquired 95% of the parts, and just need a knowledgeable install. What maintenance my car has needed, has always been done at the dealer, but the prices they would be likely to charge for just a few of the minor 'specialty' items (neutral switch, or back up lights) will require a second mortgage. I'm not looking for the bargain of the century, I have ~2K budget to get this done right. I just would like high quality work, and possibly someone who has actually done this before. Ideas? Leads?? LMK, Thanks a ton!!
Id almost be tempted to do it if you werent looking for shop turnaround time... LOL
Old 03-20-13, 11:54 AM
guardrail9
Rookie

1993 gs300 checking in here. First Lexus not first Toyota have had 3 ae86 corollas. Still own one, have a 79 Toyota Corona wagon and now the GS family car.

Quick Reply: Colorado Lexus Club check in