Mountain - Prairie For events in Colorado, Kansas, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming.

Any Colorado Springs or Denver area owners?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-11, 12:29 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MattStarr
Hey guys, quick question, I bought my SC back in September and it was my first actual car, everything else I've ever owned has been trucks and suv's. Ever since I bought it I've been try to find some local car clubs or even weekly car meets that are more for tuner and foreign cars (the guys at the classic car meets just glare at me) but so far I've come empty handed. So do you guys know of any meet places or car clubs?
Check out coloradoracing.com for local meets..
Old 07-06-11, 09:11 PM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, question for ya.. I'm moving up to Colorado springs in October from Georgia... I have a 07 IS250 flushed out on some 19's... But I'm kinda hesitant about bringing my Lexus with me to CO. I love riding low, but now sure how much use I would get out of the car come winter..I don't even drive it in the rain, let alone snow. Throughout a normal year, do ya get much use out of your lowered cars? Im unfamiliar with CO weather, just know it snows lot... Kinda thinking about trading up for a SUV and picking up a different project car... Really don't wanna pay a expensive car payment on a car that will sit around most of the year.
Old 07-06-11, 10:30 PM
Sintokill
Driver

Originally Posted by aCortIS101
Hey guys, question for ya.. I'm moving up to Colorado springs in October from Georgia... I have a 07 IS250 flushed out on some 19's... But I'm kinda hesitant about bringing my Lexus with me to CO. I love riding low, but now sure how much use I would get out of the car come winter..I don't even drive it in the rain, let alone snow. Throughout a normal year, do ya get much use out of your lowered cars? Im unfamiliar with CO weather, just know it snows lot... Kinda thinking about trading up for a SUV and picking up a different project car... Really don't wanna pay a expensive car payment on a car that will sit around most of the year.
Four months of snow (and i am from California lol) isn't that bad? Here in CO you need two cars that's for sure! I don't know much of springs roads but here in Denver i haven't had a problem and sometimes it hardly even snows.
SOMETIMES
Old 07-11-11, 06:32 AM
funglenn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aCortIS101
I am stationed here in Colorado Springs, and I only have one car--it is not that bad HOWEVER I have an AWD, which does help--although my old Toyo tires suck in the snow, I just bought a set of Bridgestone Potenzas. Your big rims are going to mean your tires are going to be terrible in the snow--due to tread pattern. I recommend keep that car, but definitely get winter tires for the snow months. Also keep in mind it can snow into late April--not alot of lowered cars here because of the weather.
Old 07-29-11, 08:40 PM
Aswilley
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

whats up guys, I haven't posted since my purchase. My name is Aaron, I live in denver and picked up a 93' Silver Spruce Metalic SC300 about a month ago.. Love the eff out of it.. Have a friend with a Baby Blue MKIII with all sorts of TRUST parts and J-Spec'd to hell and back.. thats what Inspired me to get the SC..

I am part of a group called Nation Wide Productions. we kinda started off small about two years ago and now blew the ****** up.. we have WEEKLY !!! Sunday meets at the Toys-R-Us parking lot at I-25 and County Line Road in Denver.. Most times we even extend the meets into the winter on "dry-road" nights.. We also go on cruises at night when the traffic clears up a bit.. One of the guys that helps put everything together rocks a VIP GS300, blue paint matched 20"s, slammed, boosted and CLEAN AS ****** !!!

any who i am supposed to be getting an e-mail before sunday with the pic's i took down in the springs of the Lex.. Oh yeah forgot to mention that, My ma's stays in the springs so i travel there frequently for visits.. So any Springs guys wanny meet up sometime hit me up and if i'm free i'm down..

My SC3 is basically stock for now.. (funding lol).. I was quick to snag some HID's and throw some tint on the windows.. So he's rocking 20% Platinum Tint with 6000K HID's.. I'm going to be tinti'n the windshield here pretty soon too 65% Platinum when its finished he will be hard to see in..

So yeah, i saw a few people on here with some Lex Whips.. so hope to see some of you at the Sunday Meet and Cruises.. last weekend (7/24/11) two Sick-With-It MKIV's showed up.. yet to see an LFA but I'm sure one is coming soon considdering, GTR's, Ferarri's, Vett's, and Vipers show up all the time..

Oh yeah sorry so long.. for you guys looking for tunners,

Revelutinos Performance and Servion Tuning..
have a good rep for the springs, probably the highset ( they also helped build the SC300 that holds the US Record 1/4 time ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33iPPjY7ZIM <--- ),

As for you denver guys,

Speed Image (if they are still around.)

Import Sports Performance (more honda related but Sam is good at tunning but better at installing),

Zion Tunning (Also very good AEM EMS, Open sorce ECU Tunning, and other tunning needs.)

STAY AWAY FROM: TRENZ, TOBZ, and CARZ Performance.. they all calim good but the only thing i've noticed is deep pockets and unreliable.. plus they are all more DSM Related anyways..
Old 08-07-11, 04:13 PM
Trendzero
Driver

Hi guys,

Name is Scott and I just picked up a 07 IS350 loaded, but stock. Looking to do some mods here in the coming months.

My prior autos were my 06 Audi S4 which I supercharged.

Prior to that I had an 05 Acura TL:

Old 08-08-11, 10:55 AM
funglenn
Lead Lap

welcome--i live here in the springs. What i hate is there are few few folks--thus buying/swapping is limited--i am looking for an excuse to drive out there sometime!
Old 08-08-11, 03:43 PM
Trendzero
Driver

I've noticed that. My Acura and Audi forums had a great regional group. It seem limited here.
Old 08-08-11, 08:50 PM
whiteSc3
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your looking for local meets/car people try coloradoracing.com. I've been on CL for along time but don't look/post here often.
Old 09-04-11, 01:52 PM
JJ823
Driver

Bump!! I just joined a week ago, good amount of colo people on cl. I just got a 92 sc300, used to have a 99 prelude.

Old 09-04-11, 04:21 PM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JJ823
Bump!! I just joined a week ago, good amount of colo people on cl. I just got a 92 sc300, used to have a 99 prelude.[/IMG]

cool man.. welcome. I'll be moving up to CO Springs in Oct
Old 09-06-11, 11:59 AM
funglenn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mpsarmi
I'm at Briargate/Cordera area. We all should meet up before the Winter hits. Show the rest of these folks the other side of this sub culture.

dude--I live in Briargate, but i am deployed until March--maybe spring get together

Old 09-07-11, 02:37 PM
JJ823
Driver

Thanks for the welcome ACort let me know when you get here we should do a Springs meet.

I'm in Briargate too, add me funglenn.
Old 09-16-11, 08:42 AM
aCortIS101
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JJ823
Thanks for the welcome ACort let me know when you get here we should do a Springs meet.

I'm in Briargate too, add me funglenn.
Cool.. Maybe for something next month... I'll be up here for good then
Old 09-16-11, 10:57 PM
Trendzero
Driver

Hey guys this is posted this in the market place with all the details but I am selling my brand new Wald Rep side skirts and rear spoiler for the IS 06-08, if you or anyone you know may be interested.

Quick Reply: Any Colorado Springs or Denver area owners?