HKS Camp Audio/Visual Vehicle Monitoring System

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-02, 06:23 PM
Chronic Systems
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Camp Audio/Visual Vehicle Monitoring System

Brand new in box. I sell monitors to use with the HKS Camp if needed. Bad *** unit I have it on one of my cars. Check it out here. HKS Camp Install

The HKS CAMP System is a vehicle monitoring system that integrates into a vehicles Audio/Video display unit which allows for multiple engine readings to be monitored & traced to aid in “dialing in” the vehicle for optimum performance on or off the track.

Features:
Graphical data display created by 32 bit RISC CPU.
Data recording with a large memory allows for further evaluation of information.
Communication function with your PC. Compatible with Windows 95 and 98. You can analyze the data from the vehicle using spreadsheet software.
Expandable with optional SRAM card.
Video signal switch allows the user to change from the CAMP display to video games, VCR or vehicle navigation system by using remote controller. (Does not include monitor)
Customizable background colors (except for fish mode) and ability to set background imported from laptop.
Audible alerts inform you of warnings, confirm completion of operations and entertainment.

Analog Display - The analog display can indicate speed, MPG, gas mileage, fuel consumption and injector opening percentage. The display provides a more visual presentation of information compared to ordinary gauges. CAMP includes peak data memorization and allows the scale to adjust according to current driving conditions. You determine which gauges appear on the screen.

Graph Display - This screen provides a data recording feature which is utilized in the racing industry. After a driving session, the user can evaluate driving conditions and engine performance. The feature of composing the graph by assigning any available data to X and Y, enables unique and special analysis. Furthermore, the data is download able to your PC by using the communication port.

Alarm Feature - This allows the user to set a designated limit for each data. CAMP will inform the user by sound and graph if any data passes the limit. For example, the alarm can be set for a certain speed limit to allow the best possible gas mileage.

Digital Display - The bar graphs along with digital numbers indicate multiple data to simultaneously observe entire vehicle conditions.

Trip/Past Function - The past function provides five trip recorders that individually memorize the total driving distance, operating hours, fuel usage and average gas mileage. This function can be used to manage vehicle maintenance, compare time and gas mileage between two different routes or managing driver information for long trips.

Fish Function - The fish function provides the opportunity to enjoy your driving experience in an entertaining way. Your driving technique, such as speed and gas mileage, changes the environment of the fish pond and affects the health of the tropical fish.

Friction Loss Calculator - CAMP calculates the friction loss and graphically displays the percentage of lost horsepower compared to genuine horsepower. This function shows the best driving speed in terms of gas mileage based on a characteristic of aerodynamics and friction loss of the tire rotation.

HKS Camp ECU - MSRP $325 - Club Lexus Price $270 shipped
HKS Camp Junction Box - MSRP $395 Club Lexus Price $320 shipped

HKS Camp Boost Sensor - MSRP $140 Club Lexus Price $125 shipped
Pressure sensor for metering vacuum and boost readings for input into the HKS CAMP Junction Box and for HKS Peak Hold/Warning/Playback meters.
HKS Camp Boost Sensor Harness --- $20 Shipped Club Lexus Price $18 shipped
Boost pressure sensor harness for integration of pressure Sensor (Not Included) into HKS CAMP Junction Box.

HKS Camp EGT Sensor - MSRP $72.97 Club Lexus Price $68 shipped
EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) Sensor for HKS EGT meters and HKS CAMP. Stainless steel mount and attached harness plug or easy plug-in replacement are included.
HKS Camp EGT Sensor Harness - MSRP $30 Club Lexus Price $28 shipped
EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) sensor harness for integration of EGT Sensor (Not Included) into HKS CAMP Junction Box.

HKS Camp Temp. Sensor - MSRP $190 Club Lexus Price $170 shipped
"Low" range temperature sensor for Water / Oil temperature readings for input into the HKS CAMP Junction Box. (Metering range of sensor is not designed for EGT heat ranges)
HKS Camp Temp. Sensor Harness - MSRP $20 shipped Club Lexus Price $18 shipped
Water / Oil Temp sensor harness for integration of Water / Oil Temperature ensor (Not Included) into HKS CAMP Junction Box.

HKS Camp Voltage Input Harness --- $20 shipped Club Lexus Price $18 shipped
(requires Pressure Sensor Harness to display voltage)
*For Air/Fuel Ratio, you need Voltage Input and Pressure sensor Harness just like the Voltage display.
Old 06-17-02, 07:41 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So um exactly how much is it all together if I want the whoe unit to work in a 99 GS. I don't understand all the parts your naming. I want the monitor and the harness I guess, and I want it to do everything you mentioned above. =]
THat fish thing is cool as hell.
Old 06-17-02, 08:04 PM
Chronic Systems
Rookie

Seems confusing right?

All you need depends on what you have done to your car.

The most basic users will only need the HKS Camp ECU for $270 shipped. With this unit alone you will be able to do the following:

It will Monitor & Graph the following:
Speed
RPM
Fuel Injector Duty Cycle
Trip
Fuel Economy (MPG)
Fuel Consumption

The junction box is only for users that need the additional sensors.

The additional sensors and harnesses will monitor you EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature), Boost pressure (for turbo engines), Low temperature (for water temperature.

Any more questions? Feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Ted

Last edited by Chronic Systems; 06-17-02 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-17-02, 08:38 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm interesting, I might be interested in this.
DO you know how much an install will cost? Also any more pics? of it int he interior, this sounds like a cool little object.

Is it possible for me to get it with that black monitor mounted on dash?? I like that better then the indash one.

Last edited by futuregs; 06-17-02 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-17-02, 08:59 PM
Chronic Systems
Rookie

The best thing that I like about the HKS Camp is the ability to graph your RPM/Speed/Boost/Fuel you can see for every hundredths of a second where your turbo boost is in comparison to speed/rpm/fuel etc. It allows you to tune your car properly. You can even hook it up to a PC to upload your graphs or d/l background pictures.

It took us about 30 min to install the actual HKS Camp ecu, once we got all the wires tagged. Not hard at all, you just need the wiring diagram for your ECU. I don't think it should cost more than $45 just to wire it up. Custom mounting the unit and running wires in different areas may be additional.

I can get you any monitor you want, atleast from Alpine, Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer, Premier, etc. I also carry other brands such as Blaupunkt, TView, Mobile Vision etc.

Originally posted by futuregs
Hmm interesting, I might be interested in this.
DO you know how much an install will cost? Also any more pics? of it int he interior, this sounds like a cool little object.

Is it possible for me to get it with that black monitor mounted on dash?? I like that better then the indash one.