FS: SC Plug & Play Amplifier Upgrade Harness + Phoenix Gold Line Driver

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 05:44 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default FS: SC Plug & Play Amplifier Upgrade Harness + Phoenix Gold Line Driver

This is an SLD44 Phoenix Gold Line Driver and a custom made Plug & Play harness to allow you to install an amplifier on your stock SC Pioneer w/ CD system. The harness plugs into the factory amplifier harness and provides you with 4 full range RCA outputs (two front and two rear). The line driver strengthens the low voltage stock signal from the factory amp. You connect the harness to the line driver, and then your amps connect to the line driver.

With this setup you can upgrade the weak stock amp to an aftermarket unit to upgrade your speakers and/or add subs. It's up to you. I ran upgraded components in the doors and a single sub in the rear with two amps.

The RCA's are labeled FL, FR, RL, and RR. The signal is full range so you are open to do what you want with them. If you use the rear signal for the sub like I did, you can use the fader as a bass level control. Very nice feature.

The Line Driver was in my car for about a month and is 100% MINT condition. Not a scratch. I bought it brand new and you'll get it in the factory box with all instructions, plugs, and all OEM accessories.

I custom-built the harness. It's 100% fully soldered for reliability. The blue wire is the "Remote" wire which can be used to turn on your amps and the Line Driver.

Doesn't get much easier than this, fellas. The best part is, there's no hacking so it's all 100% reversible. You can return the car back to stock as simple and unplugging one harness and plugging the factory stuff back in.

Price is $115 shipped. That's less than the Line Driver alone. First to Paypal the cash to all-trac@juno.com gets it. No dibs.

Have fun!

Old 07-17-06, 06:04 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

BUMP.

C'mon fellas, this is the easiest way to put real amps into the stock system. Makes a HUGE difference in SQ.
Old 07-19-06, 12:34 AM
antn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man i want this i have so many wires and hi lo converters in my trunk. this will make it easier. i have the basic headunit without cd changer.

oh yea, hows the sound quality? does it sound like having a aftermarket hu?

Last edited by antn; 07-19-06 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-19-06, 05:33 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by antn
hey man i want this i have so many wires and hi lo converters in my trunk. this will make it easier. i have the basic headunit without cd changer.

oh yea, hows the sound quality? does it sound like having a aftermarket hu?
Sound quality is night and day. The weakest link in the factory system is the speakers, and then the amps. Swapping the amps makes the biggest difference.

As for your converters, YES this will make a big difference. If you have a LOC then you are using a signal that's been poorly amplified, brought back down to line level, then amplified AGAIN. That's a pretty cruddy signal to be working with.

This setup nets you line level right to your aftermarket amps and lets you get rid of your stock amps altogether. Much cleaner install as well.

Actual SQ will depend on your headunit. I have personally noticed that different year SC headunits sound better than other years. So it depends on what you're running. As compared to aftermarket headunits, it's close but not the same. Most people can't tell the difference. I've read on here that some members have won SQ competitions running the factory headunit so it must be doing something right.
Old 07-23-06, 05:05 AM
lsflame
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Let me get this straight. It plugs in between the amp and the speakers or before the amp from the headunit? Do my factory front and rear speakers still work? I have a hi-lo convertors to run 2 10" subs and a little amp. Would this improve the sound quality.
Old 07-24-06, 06:10 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lsflame
Let me get this straight. It plugs in between the amp and the speakers or before the amp from the headunit? Do my factory front and rear speakers still work? I have a hi-lo convertors to run 2 10" subs and a little amp. Would this improve the sound quality.
This plugs into the harness that goes into the stock amp. So you replace the stock amp with this harness. You then plug the RCA's direct into your amp.

Your factory front and rear speakers still work if you have aftermarket amps for them, yes. This harness gives you RCA signal for all four channels.

Yes, this will improve sound quality if you are using hi-lo converters because with this harness you eliminate the stock amps, the hi-lo converter, and the crappy signal that comes out of them. You get direct low level signals right from the headunit IF you have a cd changer. This doesn't work with non-CD Pioneers as they don't have an external amp and are amped inside the headnuit.
Old 08-07-06, 10:09 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Price drop: $90 shipped. The line driver alone is $125.
Old 09-22-06, 07:36 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

To the top.
Old 09-22-06, 09:06 AM
sbgs400
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

do you know if that harness would fit a 98-00 gs4 with pioneer amp?
Old 09-22-06, 09:32 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Since I don't have the diagrams for that car I wouldn't know. It would not surprise me if it did work however as Toyota standardizes a lot.

Maybe you can ask someone with the diagrams to check it out for you.
Old 10-04-06, 06:27 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Bump. $90 shipped.
Old 10-04-06, 07:53 AM
PHLSingle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the Nak & Pioneer HU's share the same harness? I imagine it should work with the Nak setup....
Old 10-04-06, 10:14 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Well the headunit harnesses I'm not sure of. This setup plugs into the rear of the car at the amplifier location. You plug these in place of the stock amp and you toss it. So headunit plugs don't matter -- it's the stock amplifier plugs you'd have to worry about.