Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

lexus service

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-03, 12:54 PM
white93
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lexus service

hello everyone,

Don't know if this is where this should be posted, but here's the question.

Any N. California Lexus dealers to reccommend for service. Does being an Elite dealer really mean anything?

If I'm gonna pay Lexus prices, I'd like to find the best.
Thanks!
Old 04-28-03, 07:34 AM
jime
Driver School Candidate

Where in Northern California?

For the SF Bay area I would stay away from Pleasanton Lexus and Lexus on Stevens Creek in San Jose. I have had good service (so far) from Magnason's Lexus in Fremont.
Old 04-29-03, 11:16 AM
white93
Rookie

Default Lexus service

Thanks for the reply,

Was thinking about trying Plesantown Lexus but now will think again. Haven't had my Lexus for long so my first try was with Coliseum Lexus in Oakland, closest to me. Back to them tomorrow for a service they didn't fix but charged me $500 for. Plus they messed up my headlight, leaking badly, but won't take any responsibilty for it. Even after they replaced the parking lights and worked on the battery cables, which happen to be right in front of the headlight. Depending on how they handle it I may be looking for a new service department. I agree that Magnessun's had the best web site. I also think their service department is open 7 day a week. That's a real luxury!

Thanks again for your reply!!!
Old 04-30-03, 12:30 PM
EnzoRX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

white93,

I also live in the SF Bay Area. I was going to try out Coliseum Lexus for my 30,000 mile service...but now that you have given us this info...I am a little hesitant about dropping off my baby there. Magnussen's Lexus did my 1,000 and 5,000 free services. They had great service hours and they did a decent job. I will probably go back to Magnussens for my 30,000 mile service now.
Old 04-30-03, 03:05 PM
white93
Rookie

Default lexus service

hey EnzoRX

If you had a good experience at magnussen I would not hesitate to go back there. I took my baby baby in this morning, of course for the first time my car started right up this morning. Go figure. Anyway I'm still having them take a look, plus I still irratated about my leaking headlight that I think they caused. With them missing this problem, I now wonder if I should believe the diaganois they gave me on my transmission. Has a whine that incresses and decresses with enging rpm's. I can't wait to see how they handle everything. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Thanks for the info on Magnussen. A bit far, from where I live about 25 miles. But if the service is really great I would be there in a sec.

Thanks
Lee
Old 04-30-03, 07:25 PM
EnzoRX
Driver

white93,

I live in the Alameda area and Coliseum Lexus is also the closest to me. I thought that being the newest Lexus dealer in the Bay Area (I think) that they would try to win new customers over to their Service Dept. I guess they didn't win you over, huh?

Magnussen's Lexus also had prices for the services that were lower than all the other Lexus dealers I called in the Bay Area. I don't mind to drive down to Fremont to visit Magnussen's (I view it as giving the RX300 some excercise and a chance to strech its legs)...if Magnussen's delivers great service...I would make the 25 mile drive down.

Best of luck to ya. Hopefully, Coliseum owns up and fixes up yer baby. If not, it's time to go shopping for a new dealership service dept.
Old 05-01-03, 02:29 PM
LexusLs400
Driver School Candidate

Talking

I'd go with Mag. Lexus of Fremont. All my Lexues are serviced there. I've been going there since it opened way back in 1990. Never had a problem.
Old 05-01-03, 02:30 PM
LexusLs400
Driver School Candidate

Angry

Stay away from Lex of Pleasanton. They treat you like your at the Chevy dealer.
Old 05-01-03, 10:21 PM
white93
Rookie

Default Lexus service

Wow, LexusLS400,

I guess having Elite status doesn't really mean anything. I did have a pleasureable experience with the Pleasanton parts department. Off hand I don't remember the guys name, but he was VERY helpful and took time to answer some questions I had about the Lexus changers. They also had the lowest price of three other dealers that I called. He offered to do this over the phone and called when It had arrived. I was impressed. I guess their service dept. could learn something form their parts dept.

Anyway, still haven't gotten by baby back. Didn't hear form them at all today, kinda strange. Will see what tommorrow will bring.......for tommorrow is another day......

White93
Lee
Old 05-04-03, 08:06 AM
DesertRat
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Lexus service

Originally posted by white93
Wow, LexusLS400,

I guess having Elite status doesn't really mean anything. I did have a pleasureable experience with the Pleasanton parts department. Off hand I don't remember the guys name, but he was VERY helpful and took time to answer some questions I had about the Lexus changers. They also had the lowest price of three other dealers that I called. He offered to do this over the phone and called when It had arrived. I was impressed. I guess their service dept. could learn something form their parts dept.

Anyway, still haven't gotten by baby back. Didn't hear form them at all today, kinda strange. Will see what tommorrow will bring.......for tommorrow is another day......

White93
Lee
Having "elite status" doesn't seem to count for much. Also, it is definitely possible for a dealer to have a truly world-class parts department, and a crappy service department.

Hoy-Fox Toyota-Lexus in El Paso is a good example of that. They are an "elite" dealer, but really not very good in the service department...and they really don't care.