Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

rate your dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-02, 10:26 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lynnwood
Old 08-12-02, 10:31 AM
Sooner
Pole Position

thats too bad if you go there deal with ken kirkpatrick or try bellevue
Old 08-12-02, 10:52 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

I think i will try Bellevue, I just got off the phone with the parts dept to see if my emblem came in, it was there so I asked if he could just mail it to me, yeah he could mail it to me but I have to pay for it, what a fricken joke, so it's either pay for the damn thing or drive the 40 miles each way to pick it up.
Old 08-16-02, 10:49 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default MV Lexus

I am not happy with Mission Viejo Lexus. I took my GS3 in there to have an oil leak fixed. I told them I believed it was the oil filter housing o-ring and I had already purchased the part. The service writer confirmed that it was the o-ring and that they would replace it for $160. In the meantime, they drove my car in to a rack and scraped one of my HRE 448s. They called me to tell me about it and I told them not to fix it (I wanted to have HRE fix it on the dealership's nickel). Too late. They had already sent the wheel out. My car was there for an extra day and it seemed ok when I got it back. The writer reduced my bill by $40 and they paid for the wheel repair (of course). The great news is, last night, I discovered that the oil leak is back. The service manager says he things the oil filter housing might be cracked. This seems like something the tech should have noticed when he had it off to replace the o-ring. I don't believe the housing is cracked. I think they just did a lousy job. I guess I should have gone to Tustin.
Old 08-16-02, 12:25 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys is the best dealership I've been to. Service is top notch! I'm 19 years old and the dealership gave me a 2002 ES300 with 5k miles as a loaner for the week while they did the 60K on my car. The significance of this is that I'm too young by Lexus Corp. policy to obtain a loaner and the loaner car was worth about twice as much as my car. Lexus of Pleasanton never gave me a loaner, but Keyes pulled strings to get me taken care of even after I told them it was okay if they couldn't find one for me. The tech that did the 60k on my car fixed a bunch of little problems here in there on my car for free as well. The body shop that repainted my door set the window track motors crooked which nearly destroyed the window motor from strain and stress and made a clicking sound everytime I pull my window down. Keyes fixed it and replaced the window regulator for me. Lexus of Pleasanton was certain they had to replace the whole window motor for an additional $200 in parts. Keyes could have easily oversold me on parts, but they didn't. That's honesty you can bank on. Also, I bought 2000-model tail lights from Carson Toyota and the service foreman at Keyes took his time and helped me install them free of charge even though his dealership made no money off of it. Another time I bought wheel locks from Keyes, and every other dealership I called was quoting me a service charge to torque my lugnuts for me. Not at Keyes. While I was trying to get the packaging open in the parking lot, the service foreman noticed me and came over to offer to torque them on for me with a torque wrench. Once again free of charge. Unparalleled customer service. They are also all very friendly folks. Everytime I go there, everyone in their staff is friendly, remembers who I am, and starts conversing with me. This is all from just three trips to the dealership. Did I mention I live about 390 miles away from Keyes Lexus? That's how good they are! If I lived in Southern California, there'd be no other delaership for me than Keyes Lexus. Honorable mention to Ed Lujan, Jeff Fox, and Bill Horvat.
Old 08-16-02, 01:57 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

All I ask is that they are honest with me. Instead I get a bunch of double-talk and never really get an answer, or I get 3 different responses from 3 different people, it just drives me nuts. In my case when I called and asked why the appt. went from 3 hours to 7 hours and why we didn't get the loaner we scheduled and the guy just admitted that they dropped the ball (it happens) and that they will make every effort to ensure it doesn't happen again then I could accept that. Instead I get a bunch of lame excuses and lies, it makes no sense to me at all.
Old 08-21-02, 01:00 PM
rybikowsky
Driver

I was in the bussiness for a lot of years.Rookie you mention your father did not know the car was out of warrenty.Whose fault is that.Second,I have found over the years that if you give a small gift to the service writer,and the tech that worked on your car,you will be amazed at the special service you recieve.Little acts of kindness can have big dividends.Michael
Old 03-03-03, 10:39 PM
docrings
Rookie

I also have had problems with Kearney Mesa Lexus in San Diego when I took my 2000 GS400 for service under CPO warranty. They did give me an ES400 loaner, but it was the "last one" before they said I would have gotten a Toyota.

I have a CPO vehicle and the headlight housing gets flooded in rainstorms, and they won't replace it under the CPO warranty because it states that "light bulbs" are not covered. Now you and I know that a housing is different than the HID bulb, but they don't seem to know!!! They say it is not them, but the CPO warranty division which is declining to replace it.

The service rep said that if I started to bring it in for regular service ($1000 60K service) then he would consider a "complimentary" housing purchase on his tab, but I would have to pay for the labor... Wow, I think I was just blackmailed!

I left with my passenger door tweeter fixed under warranty, but felt like I had just been given a "shake-down" by a slick con artist. I left with a terrible taste and now realize how nice my wife gets treated at the Mercedes dealer down the street!

I will keep shopping for a good Lexus dealer, and keep changing my own oil, tranny fluid, brakes, coolant, air filter and keep the receipts for the warranty if anything catastrophic happens. I will just have to bite the bullet at the 90K mark for the timing belt...

Doc Rings
Old 03-04-03, 07:26 AM
DesertRat
Driver School Candidate

Question hello? moderator? old topic?

Didn't we already have a "sticky" on this topic? And what happened to that thread, anyway?
Old 03-04-03, 01:27 PM
Lexmexico
Lead Lap

When I brought my RX up a few months ago, Lexus of San Antonio gave me a Camry. I asked if they had any Lexus for loaners, and they said they would love to have given me one, but they only had a few and some of the others had been ragged up by the some other customers.
Old 03-11-03, 07:48 AM
DesertRat
Driver School Candidate

Default Avoid Hoy-Fox in El Paso!!

I think Hoy-Fox might be having profitability problems. My 1st trip there was definitely high quality. They really seemed like they were into doing a good job. The last time was just the usual dealer crap. Everybody was in a hurry and no one cared. I met the tech who worked on my car, and he seemed to be "on something"; he did a terribly sloppy job, too--spilled oil and didn't clean it up; installed a new battery, but didn't put the terminal covers back on. They tried to charge me an extra $20 for putting in a fuel additive that Lexus doesn't even recommend! When I complained to my service rep, Cindy, she removed the charge and told me it was just something the Service Manager was "really into", because it made them more money...sheesh!

Overall, a shoddy but expensive experience. If this is "The Lexus Experience" in the Southwest, I'll pass.

DesertRat

Last edited by DesertRat; 04-05-03 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-11-03, 10:14 AM
NYC Max
Driver

My belief is to always avoid dealerships at all cost. Its all about making money. I cant speak for other areas, but I can tell you thats how it is around NYC. I have a former Rallye Lexus tech who opened his own shop to do my work for me. I can just tell you that the whole Bay Ridge chain (Lexus,Toyota, Mitsu, Nissan,etc.) has a borderline criminal service operation. I never actually got ripped off by them, but I had to watch myself like an inmate in the shower. Several times after I did service on one of my two former Maxima's, they tried to get me about $1200 worth of useless service, meanwhile the car ran like a champ its whole life.

I can also say that Prestige Lexus on RT 17 seemed have a real nice atmosphere but who knows, when you get down to it, I just try to stay away from them.
Old 03-11-03, 10:44 AM
sniper5
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My dealership sucks. Even their sales dept is bad, I went out of state to get my Lexus.
Service:
First, I have left 3 messages with them to call me back and schedule an appointment (you cant get them on the phone). I have never received a phone call back. Finally I just kept dialing and was able to schedule one. When I showed up, their first comment was "So, you didn't buy it here?". No, what the hell are you gonna do to my car now?
I went in with both front vent popped out of place (on a car with 1500 miles). I also specified that I have just changed the oil in my car (I use redlines synthetic $9/qt oil and Mobil1 filter) and that I didn't want that changed and that I did not want the car washed. I have also asked if there was any way they can touch up 2 small chips on the hood. The guy said that's no problem at all.

Well, One of the vents was fixed. My oil was changed with regural oil and they test drove the car. So now they ran that crummy oil through my engine again. They have respectfully not washed my car, and I'm glad they got something right. As far as the chips go, there was a $80 charge for taking care of them. Can they not mention that before they start working on it???????? Just becaus I own a Lexus, it doesn't mean I want to waste my money like that. I do have to admit that I have received a Lexus loaner every time I went in.
They have bought new oil and a filter for me, so they are trying to correct their mistakes. But they have already wasted my time and just appear to be a bunch of people who could care less about customer service.
Old 03-26-03, 01:17 AM
kobiashi
Driver School Candidate

I agree with Lex400SC -

Keyes Lexus service is second to none. My first Lexus was an LS400. Currently have an LS430 (got it last month)

Just went in for my free 1000 mile check up. Also did an oil and filter change. Charge for oil and filter...45.00 which is a tad more than Jiffy Lube or EXLube.

There was also a very slight "ticking" sound out of the seatbelt outlet on the pillar. It is barely audible and I probably hear it more than anyone else would because I'm so tall so my ear is right next to the thing. Took my service advisor and had him driive. He did not hear it at first, but repositioned seat so ear could be closer to piller, heard it. I can certainly imagine that most dealers would blow it off. Keyes is replacing the entire seatbelt device for free.

With my 90 LS, even after warrenty expired they di some things for free because they felt that whatever failed should not have.

People are always helpful, always curtious, alwyas bending over backwards to see that you are completely satisfied. I gotten loaner cars when technically I was not entitled to one. They have an entire fleet of ES300s they use for loaners. On top of this there are free Wall Street Journals you can take with you.

BIG TIME kudos to Allan Pliss. He was my service advisor for many years. He is now the Service Manager. He is absolutely AWESOME. I have nothing but greatthings to say about him. My new service advisor is Bill Hovarth and I can tell he will be equally responsive to my needs.

By the way, Keyes Lexus also has excellent follow-up. They are A#1 in my book.

k
Old 04-04-03, 05:50 PM
muldrick
Rookie

Originally posted by docrings
I also have had problems with Kearney Mesa Lexus in San Diego when I took my 2000 GS400 for service under CPO warranty. They did give me an ES400 loaner, but it was the "last one" before they said I would have gotten a Toyota.

I have a CPO vehicle and the headlight housing gets flooded in rainstorms, and they won't replace it under the CPO warranty because it states that "light bulbs" are not covered. Now you and I know that a housing is different than the HID bulb, but they don't seem to know!!! They say it is not them, but the CPO warranty division which is declining to replace it.

Doc Rings
Your 2000 GS headlamp should certainly be covered under warrenty (if your mileage is within limits)
It should however have the stock bulb installed (the aftermarket "sooped-up" bulb cause leakage around the seal)
Did you speak to the service manager? If so, I would call Lexus and explain the situation to them...

Quick Reply: rate your dealer