Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

How To Change Dealer Settable Options

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-03, 04:57 PM
crondina
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How To Change Dealer Settable Options

Greetings:

I just purcahsed a 2003 LS430 with NAV systems. I noticed in the manual there are many settings
such as door lock options and other that say "See Your Lexus Dealer". Seems pretty stupid to me to have to go to the dealer every time you want to change something, especially when most other cars tell you in the manula how to do it. Does any now a list of these Options, and if there is a way the user can change them? Also, there is a feature that to the best of my knowledge ony Lexus employs. That is the inability to put destinations into the Nav system as well as other things while the car is moving. With my Mercedes, I was able to move throught the destinations screens while driving. Does anyone know how to defeat this ?

Thanks .....Caesar
Old 04-06-03, 07:15 PM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Sorry Ceasar,
but you still need to see your dealer. The features your talking about are called CBES. Customize Body Electrical System. They can only be changed by plugging in a Lexus Diagnostic Tester. Most dealers will do this free of charge. I would go in and ask them to print you a copy so you can go over it. It's long and you may need to have some of them explained to you. Ask for TSIB SS004-01, it's about 9 pages long.

Inputting addresses will not work for any Lexus while it's moving. What you can input while moving is Home, Special Purpose Marked Points, Emergency, and many Voice controlled features. Gotta read that nav manual!

DD
Old 04-06-03, 07:37 PM
crondina
Driver School Candidate

Hi DD:

Thanks for the reply. That's a real shame. In this computer age, should be able to be changed by the user/owner like most other manufacturers do. I can see how the NAV system is probably a good safety feature, but its a real drag to have to pull over every time you wish to change a destination. Especially when it could be done by the passenger. Anyway, appreciate your input. Thanks ....Casear
Old 04-07-03, 07:11 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

some of us had bypass this safety feature, but it's not a change for everyone.(require to open your nav unit out and soldering skill)

Anh