Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

climate control panel + outside temperature + clock out

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-03, 04:00 PM
star5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry climate control panel + outside temperature + clock out

I drove my 97 LS400 to a paint ball playground in a country side yesterday, and it was all fine. when I was leaving, I suddenly found that all those display in climate control + outside temperature + clock are gone.
The AC doesn't work, all the botton refused to respond......

My first thought was some fuse may go bad. But I do check the the fuse box under the hood, I didn't notice any broken... and I swithed the relay for the heater (I was looking for AC, but there is none) and engine main (same model), that didn't make any difference.... so not the relay either.

It was a little bumpy on my way to the ground... but it is not that bad. I am not sure if that could cause the connection to lose for some wiring. If that is really the case, that may cost me a lot....

and another problems comes up today when I drove out, the tail lamp indicator turned on.... I stopped and checked, all of lightes on rear seems to be fine... but I do noticed that last night there were cars running behind my car flashed me, at that time, the tail lamp light was not on... and I didn't understand what they were doing, I think I can have somebody check my tail light while I put it in the D gear...

Have any of you noticed that on ebay, you can buy the repare manual CD that claims to cover sometimes all lexus model... will that work? anybody who has the experience please speak up...

Thanks,

Star5
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-03, 04:54 PM
khark
Driver

Check the lighter fuse.
Old 04-07-03, 02:01 PM
star5
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by khark
Check the lighter fuse.

You may be right... I noticed that my lighter doesn't work either (no wonder my phone didn't get charged). But somehow under the hood, I was not able to find the fuse for the lighter, could you please point it out for me...much appreciated.

Star5
Old 04-07-03, 04:43 PM
khark
Driver

It is fuse #10 in the fuse panel behind the carpet on the left side kick panel. I tried to insert a picture but I can't get it in the message.

Don't you have an owner's manual? There is a picture there.
Old 04-08-03, 08:03 PM
star5
Driver School Candidate

Smile You are exactly right

Khark is The Man ...

Thanks so much.
It is the fuse (10A) in kick panel that broke with a mark says something like Front Cigar..
I temporarily move the fuse for the rear cigar into this position, it just works...

I haven't figured out what caused the tail lamp indicator to turn on. seems all the fuse are fine. And I don't see the tail light is not functioning by looking back from the windows glass.

Last edited by star5; 04-08-03 at 08:44 PM.