Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

TPMS Recode

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-15, 11:23 AM
Instructor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Recode

I would be very grateful if there is anyone out there who may be able to help with the ReCoding of the TPMS newly installed on the F/O/S wheel.? Having been informed by a tyre vendor that I would have to buy a Lexus TPMS from a dealer, I duly did and went back to the Tyre vendor and replaced the tyre complete with the new TPMS. I was then told that their equipment couldn't reset the new ID code and I would have to return to Lexus to have them do it. Unfortunately, because Lexus didn't supply the new tyre, I would have to wait at least 10 days before they could book it in and it would cost at least £53 plus tax. Does anyone know if there is another option as the warning light is driving me nuts! I have done the "RESET" procedure but this has not solved the problem. The good news is that I have the old TPMS returned to me so I know what the original ID code is!
Old 09-18-15, 08:22 PM
larryv
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just bought a set of aftermarket wheels and purchased 4 new sensors from Tire rack. The wheel shop scanned the new sensors and reset the dash light in about 5 mins. Your new sensor will have to activated with a TPMS scan tool. Hope this helps
Old 09-19-15, 12:18 AM
Instructor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Recode

Originally Posted by larryv
Just bought a set of aftermarket wheels and purchased 4 new sensors from Tire rack. The wheel shop scanned the new sensors and reset the dash light in about 5 mins. Your new sensor will have to activated with a TPMS scan tool. Hope this helps
Thank you very much larryv for the info. It ended up with me having to pay for the recode by Lexus as none of the after market tire shops had the right equipment! Even the Toyota dealers couldn't help!