Remove front seat motor

Old 04-28-14, 06:08 PM   #1
sparkyguy
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Remove front seat motor

Vehicle Year: 1993
Model: SC-400
Problems with passenger-side seat motor.

I had a previous post requesting a wiring diagram, but I ultimately found that my problem is a broken plastic coupling between the slide-base motor and one of the screw-axle rails on the passenger-side seat. Unfortunately, I can't see how to get access to the motor to remove it. Is the motor removed from below, or is the seat-cushion removed first and done from above? If the cushion comes out first, how the heck do you get it out? I've messed with it for over 3 hours today and it appears that all of the screws are behind other plastic trim pieces which prevents their removal. I can't RAISE the seat as suggested for disassembly of the Driver's seat because it appears the passenger seat does not have that feature and cannot be raised. If the lower trim piece (that wraps around the lower front and side) needs to come off first, then how do you remove the seat-back lever? The seat-back lever appears to be attached to it's shaft from the inside of the seat.

Thanks in advance for any help.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by sparkyguy; 04-28-14 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: Forgot car model and year
sparkyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 10:48 AM   #2
sparkyguy
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Messed with seat for another hour today and I'm just about ready to cut the seat out.

I'm convinced I need to remove seat cushion first. I got 3 bolts out, but it seems to be stuck on the outside near the back-adjust lever. Is there another bolt I can't see or remove there? If so, how do I get access? The back-adjust lever looks like it can't be removed because it is held in place by an interior clip. Therefore, I can't remove the lower trim piece that wraps from front around to the outside.

Somebody on the forum must have disassembled a passenger seat or has a manual that can assist. Anybody take bribes? I'll buy you lunch if you can get to Springfield, IL.
sparkyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 10:48 AM