Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lexus Technician Req

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-14, 12:45 PM
lead82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Technician Req

So I've searched google and this forum extensively for information regarding Lexus technician certifications, but I found nothing that I need. I know there are a few Lexus Certified Master Technicians on the forum and a few Senior and Certified Technicians, so I thought I'd throw this question out there.

What specific Lexus courses are required for each level of certification?

A little bit about myself before I get answers:

I am a certified Toyota technician. I have complete the T-TEN program recently, funded by myself when my manager refused to send me to training (I have been there nearly 2 years and have taken a lot of initiative to help out around the shop). I have completed an associate's degree in automotive technology and have 10 ASE certifications (A1-8, G1, and X1). Currently I have Toyota credit for: 852, 274, 302, 453, 553, 623, 652, and 752. My new manager is working to send me to more training (151, 351, 874, 071 and 072) so I can complete my Expert level certification. The T-TEN site only indicates that Senior level requires "five designated Lexus courses" and Master requires "three additional prescribed Lexus courses". I should have asked someone from T-TEN when I was there but I completely forgot. I have also looked up course equivalency documents, but have only found Lexus -> Toyota information, not Toyota -> Lexus.

I am looking to broaden my experiences with TMC/TEMA and thought working at a Lexus dealership would benefit me to that end. I am currently continuing my college education pursuing mechanical engineering and have experience in FSAE. My goal is to land a co-op next year with Toyota R&D and then work at a Lexus dealership until I graduate. This information would let me know how much of my Toyota courses would laterally transfer to Lexus and let me see how much of an investment the dealership would have to invest in me to attain the training.