Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Woodfield Lexus has a very nice service department...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-03, 08:03 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Woodfield Lexus has a very nice service department...

Well...its been a very pleasant 5 days withmy new baby girl (95 pearl white ES). Yesterday, I noticed a very light but noticable clinking/squeaking noise coming from the front left wheel. It was noticable whenever I came out of the driveway and made a right turn or did anything that shifted the weigh of the car on the front left portion. Anyway, this started to bother me because the car didn't do this during the test drive NOR when I brought it home. Now it being a 95, I can understand it being as is. But come on now...I havent' even had it a full week. Most dealers would give you like 30 days or some kind of guarantee backing up their vehicles so a short period of time. As is or not...if the car is crap...they would wholesale it and not retail it. These being my exact words spoken to the sales rep and manager yesterday, an opportunity to bring it in to be checked came about today as I went out and visited Woodfield Lexus. Upon my visit, I explained the problem to the service manager and instructed him to do a road test. Afterwards, we discovered that the bushings needed lubing and after 30-45 mins, I was back on the road with my dearly beloved! The service rep even went as far as instructing me to come see them instead of dealing with sales guys ect ect. I just thought I share the experience. Another day happily spent in my ES. Awe...now to find an excuse to go out and drive...awe... its friday
L8tr
Old 01-17-03, 10:40 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's great the dealer took good care of you and you're enjoyin' your ES!

Is Woodfield on Route 41?

I recommend Bredemann Lexus in Glenview. They are currently undergoing reconstruction to create a massive indoor showroom and service department. This summer they will have *FREE* car washes and a *FREE* hot buffet breakfast every Saturday
Old 01-18-03, 10:16 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

:eek: FREE BUFFET?????

Man, I only get free car washes.
Old 01-19-03, 01:26 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealership, Lexus of Norwood, gives free car washes for the life of the car if you bought it from them. Problem is, the wait can be up to two hours. Every car that comes out of service gets washed.

They have a Sat. buffet (bagels, muffins, danish, fruit, coffee, tea, juice).......but nothing hot.
I schedule all service for Saturdays.

Last edited by steviej; 01-19-03 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-20-03, 10:27 AM
ChrisK
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woodfield Lexus service department is one of the reasons why I put a second Lexus in my garage. These guys are always going out of their way to help me with my cars. Also, the car was purchased from them.

Is Woodfield on Route 41?
155 West Higgins Road in Hoffman Estates. Near the Roselle and Higgins intersection.

Last edited by ChrisK; 01-20-03 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-21-03, 06:14 PM
TRM04
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soon to be moving to Golf road next to Carmax.

I've never had good luck with those guys. After the second time, I decided to go else where. I drive an extra 20 mins to go to Arlington Lexus. That's the only place I will ever go now.