Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Where do I find parts diagrams?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-13, 08:19 PM
arbowman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I find parts diagrams?

Hello. I have searched Google, Club Lexus, ToyotaNation etc for OEM parts websites that have Toyota or Lexus parts diagrams but have come up empty. The OEM parts sites that have been recommended do not have diagrams! I have been to many of them and NONE of them have diagrams! I am getting frustrated....

How do these OEM parts websites expect their customers to know they ordering the right parts when they do not have diagrams to reference?

I am looking for parts for a 93 ES300 or a 93 Camry. They are the same chassis. I have a 93ES300. Any help or info is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-14-13, 08:16 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Wanting to order parts? Just go to http://lexuspartsonline.net/ and they have pictures / diagrams of what you are looking for... there are more out there of course, but I used theirs the other day...
Old 04-15-13, 08:32 PM
arbowman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mitsuguy. I checked out that site. I need the lower timing belt cover that is located behind the timing belt crank pulley on my 3VZ-FE. I have been loooking in the wrong section of the "engine parts" on the other sites I went to which is why I couldn't find it. There were still no diagrams of the actually parts to confirm that is exactly what I looking for. All the sites say "lower timing cover". My factory Lexus service manual describes it as "NO.1 Timing Belt Cover" or something close to that. I was assuming the part would have the same description when listed at an OEM supplier. I guess not. Hopefully these two covers are the same. I really don't want to have to pay to send back the wrong cover and then have to start the search all over again and lose more time. We shall see. I just wish there was a diagram to confirm what the part looks like so I have confidence in knowing I am getting the right thing the first time.

Hopefully somebody else can chime in and give me some insight on this.