Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Parts cross-reference ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-12, 05:11 PM
vacarman02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Parts cross-reference ???

I had a diagnosis by an "Indy repair shop" that my A/C needed a high pressure switch which screws into a block on the high side line. The switch has 3 terminals to connect to with a hex on it to enable one to screw it right out(discharge system first of course!) Called Lexus dealer to order and found I had to order entire line just to get switch! Got entire thing and shop tech removed new switch replaced,vacuumed system ,and recharged. A/C nows working fine! Anybody know how we could've saved purchasing all this for a switch!! It's made by Denso of course as you find on any Toyota product.
Old 08-17-12, 05:44 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

it would help to know what car you have, but I imagine the switch is available aftermarket...

for my IS300, the switch is definitely available by itself, but that could change, depending on which model you have...
Old 08-21-12, 05:36 PM
vacarman02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I failed to mention it's an '06 GS 300. For the future where could we have found this type switch? The dealer acted as though it was not available without the entire assembly! Was this person maybe underqualified?
Old 08-21-12, 07:49 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by vacarman02
Sorry, I failed to mention it's an '06 GS 300. For the future where could we have found this type switch? The dealer acted as though it was not available without the entire assembly! Was this person maybe underqualified?
Many times, there are parts available aftermarket that are not available factory direct without purchasing a larger part or group of parts that incorporate said part...

In this case, it would appear that part is only available through the dealer in conjunction with the line... It might be available somewhere separately, but I'm not seeing it... (it is definitely available for up to 2003 model years, however)