Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Poor Service at Lexus of Fremont

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-02, 04:18 PM
chiawei
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down Poor Service at Lexus of Fremont

Poor service at Lexus of fremont and service guy accused me of lying.

I made a appointment last sunday to have toof rack on the RX300 replaced due to peeling paint. Last time i drop the car off. The service guys said that he does not have replacement roof rack. That I should order the parts before making an appointment. That this is somewhat my fault that I have to return empty handed.

Then I told him that when i made appointment on last sunday, my service advisor walked me over to the part department and checked with the part guy that there was 2 set of roof rack in stock. So to tell me that the he has no replacement part it a suprise to me.

This guy basically said that it's not possible. Because they do not stock roof rack. Then he repeatedly state that I should order the parts before setting up an appointment. At this time I got upset, I told him that I am cancelling my appointmeent for 20k service, and I will call today to complain. I told him that blaming on customer for your service deparment incompetence is not a correct way of doing business. AND I DID CHECK WITH THE PARTS GUYS LAST WEEK.

So I called today, got put on hold for 20 minutes trying to find a service department guy. All i want is an explaination on what happened. Anyway, my confidence with Lexus service has evaporated.
Old 09-14-02, 04:49 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

chiawei.

Welcome to ClubLexus. Sorry to hear of your problems.
It sounds like you're venting, and that's OK.

After reading your post, I'm reminded of Strother Martin,
as the Captain in the movie, Cool Hand Luke...
"Now what we have here is a failure to communicate."

It sounds like there is a disconnect between service, parts and you. I'm not blaming, just commenting that, in this particular series of incidents, there are communication issues. Did you actually see the roof racks that were in-stock?

Secondly, setting up appointments on Sunday and trying to get service done or calling the dealer on Saturday could result in an unsatisfactory experience. Weekend help at most businesses is generally not the best help you can get.

I'm sure that the powers-that-be at that dealership will attempt to set this right. I suggest calling them or visiting them Mon-Fri during normal business hours. Be calm and concerned, but firm. Lexus customer service is highly rated.

Good luck.
Old 09-16-02, 01:09 PM
RX300wannabeIS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaking of pealing paint on roof racks...

I've got paint pealing on a small part of the rack (about 3/4" - no big deal)... Is this covered under warranty? Any experiences getting it replaced free of charge?

Sorry to hear about poor service - so far my Lexus dealer was OK (not "excellent" though) at Lexus of Sacramento.
Old 09-16-02, 03:35 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

chiawei - I have had pretty good experiences at Fremont Lexus, including ordering parts and then being notified they were in, and getting them installed. In fact, just went through this with a seat part and the only noticeable thing, other than they had some dents removed by DentPro while the car was in and saved me about 20%, was that the car was done early. I would recommend you get the service advisor who was there on the first Sunday and confirmed the parts were in stock when you made the appointment and let him/her straighten it out. When the car was written up for the appointment on the following Sunday, there should have been paperwork sent to parts to hold one of the racks. Like I said, I have had pretty good luck with Lexus Fremont so far.
Old 09-17-02, 01:24 AM
black sc
Pole Position

Call Lexus' toll free number(Customer Satisfaction) and tell them your story if, all else fails. I did not know any dealerships' service dept being opened on Sundays. Must be busy over there.

Last edited by black sc; 09-17-02 at 01:25 AM.
Old 09-17-02, 04:21 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

black sc - Fremont Lexus service is open 24 hours a day during week days and 7AM to 5PM on Sat and Sun. As far as I know, parts is open the same hours. They are busy but what can you say about those hours, it really helps to have a life outside of taking your car in. Wish bimmer had learned that.
Old 09-13-11, 08:09 PM
Bomag
Driver School Candidate

Default Apology for poor service

I just read what happened when you visited our dealership and wanted to apologize for the poor service you recieved.

I'm not sure what happened and why, but i would appreciate the chance to make it right and apologize to you and talk to the people involved and make sure that doesn't happen again to somebody else.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Bo Magnussen
General Manager
510-226-4244 direct
Old 09-13-11, 09:15 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! He created an account just to apologize to you for the crappy service that they gave you.
Old 09-13-11, 10:47 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Bomag
I just read what happened when you visited our dealership and wanted to apologize for the poor service you recieved.

I'm not sure what happened and why, but i would appreciate the chance to make it right and apologize to you and talk to the people involved and make sure that doesn't happen again to somebody else.

Sincerely,

Bo Magnussen
General Manager
510-226-4244 direct

your 9 years too late..
Old 09-14-11, 12:22 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Bomag

Sincerely,

Bo Magnussen
General Manager
510-226-4244 direct
Originally Posted by CrazySC300
Wow! He created an account just to apologize to you for the crappy service that they gave you.
Originally Posted by k7q
your 9 years too late..
It's too late to apologize...... It's Tooo Lateeee.....
Old 09-14-11, 04:48 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bwahaha! I just realized that he was indeed 9 years too late LOL!...He must've googled their dealership to see if there were any negative comments about 'em...I guess he found it.