Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Kuni Lexus (Denver,CO) car wash.

Old 08-27-02, 07:11 PM
SergeDubovsky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Kuni Lexus (Denver,CO) car wash.

Hello everybody!

Done my oil change today at Kuni Lexus. I asked them to skip "Complimentary Complete Hand Car Wash" (I spent about 12 hours detailing my GS this weekend). Well... They washed it anyway. Man! I never saw my car that dirty. I can imagine it was hand wash, but where did they find so much dirt to put it on the car? I just can't believe that simple terry towel can hold this much dirt. And that's not all. Some sort of white residue is speeded all over the car. I don't think it's water. I have Klasse SG (polymer sealant) on the car, so water simply can't make this pattern of residue. Unless they used hairdryer or something like that to dry out the car...
Old 08-27-02, 07:23 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Kuni Lexus (Denver,CO) car wash.

Originally posted by SergeDubovsky
I asked them to skip "Complimentary Complete Hand Car Wash"...........Well... They washed it anyway....
Your reality is my nightmare. I always insist on the service tech writing DO NOT WASH on the service order before I sign it.
Old 08-27-02, 07:28 PM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

That happened to me in June. I spent all weekend detailing my car and asked them not to wash it. Also, the same day, when I went to pick up my car, it was parked so half-assed that someone clipped my front bumper in the lot. They were good about it in terms of fixing it, but what annoyed me is, that in my opinion, and if i was a service manager there, I would have given either a break on the oil change or for my inconveience do it at no charge. They wound up fixing where someone clipped it, and it looks like nothing ever happened.

If I ever do go back there for an oil change, I will leave a note taped to the window on not washing it.

I hate to bring it to a jiffy lube, but at least there, you can watch your car getting worked on, no one drives it, and its not a day process. I know alot of guys on here frown on going there, but im going to try it next time.

Last edited by LexRoc; 08-27-02 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-27-02, 10:39 PM
wwest
Lead Lap

Default Bad news, maybe...

In the past I have had instances when something in the commercial car wash "wax" cycle reacted poorly with my own detail wax. The result was a horrible mix/residue of the two waxes as a white substance that took hours to remove.
Old 08-28-02, 04:11 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default re: Jiffy Lubes/Quik Lubes........

I don't see what there is to frown upon, Roc- those quickie lube places are models of efficiency, and a heck of a lot cheaper than a dealer (with all the coupons floating around LA, I've never had to pay more than $14!).

And you're right- there's not much waiting and you get to watch the whole process up close. When they are done, I always check how tight the oil filter was screwed on, and mark its position with a felt-tipped pen, so if it "drifts", I'll notice it.