Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Best dealer for sevice in DC area

Old 09-04-09, 03:18 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Best dealer for sevice in DC area

Still looking for advice on taking in my Lexus for service, any nominees for Toyota or Lexus dealers ??
Old 09-04-09, 12:35 PM
C6r
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Sattelite Motors in Silver Spring. They are located off an alley in downtown, but they are more honest than Lindsay or Darcars Lexus (Lex of Silver Spring), and their prices are less.
Old 09-04-09, 02:02 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by C6r
Try Sattelite Motors in Silver Spring. They are located off an alley in downtown, but they are more honest than Lindsay or Darcars Lexus (Lex of Silver Spring), and their prices are less.
Thanks for your input
Old 09-05-09, 05:55 AM
C6r
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tromly
Thanks for your input
Tromly No problem. I was reluctant at first, but after I went, talked to the manager who used to work as a service manager for years at Lexus, I was cool. They specialize in Lexus/Toyota and the mechanics are top notch. Once I was in an emergency situation, and had to go to Lexus of Silver Spring. They fixed what I needed and as always (of course) they "recommended" that I get a few other things, one of them STAT. So I called Sattelite to get a quote on the exact same service. The manager immediately said, "you are at a Lexus dealership, aren't you?!!" I ask him how did he know, and he tells me, that was one service they were taught to push. It takes a mechanic 3 seconds to do, and they charge like $50 or $60. The Sattelite manager told me to decline it because my mileage, and the next time I came in, they would perform the service for no charge (I just had to pay $10 for the part.)

I just took my 07 that we got off lease to Lindsay in Alexandria on Tuesday, for a once over and to replace a door actuator. They called my wife back with 2G's worth of work. 1K for tires?? Are you kidding me, $250 a piece for mount and balance? Costco has the tires for $178+15 and if I get all 4, I save $70 total. The other amount was for bogus DIY type stuff, air filters, and replacing clamps on one of the engine covers (which they claimed, had to be replaced??? Why, it is in great shape, just missing clamps...those bastards wante to hose me $170 for the cover plus $69 to install it??)

Good Luck, and let me know where you end up going!!!
Old 09-05-09, 01:28 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by C6r
Tromly No problem. I was reluctant at first, but after I went, talked to the manager who used to work as a service manager for years at Lexus, I was cool. They specialize in Lexus/Toyota and the mechanics are top notch. Once I was in an emergency situation, and had to go to Lexus of Silver Spring. They fixed what I needed and as always (of course) they "recommended" that I get a few other things, one of them STAT. So I called Sattelite to get a quote on the exact same service. The manager immediately said, "you are at a Lexus dealership, aren't you?!!" I ask him how did he know, and he tells me, that was one service they were taught to push. It takes a mechanic 3 seconds to do, and they charge like $50 or $60. The Sattelite manager told me to decline it because my mileage, and the next time I came in, they would perform the service for no charge (I just had to pay $10 for the part.)

I just took my 07 that we got off lease to Lindsay in Alexandria on Tuesday, for a once over and to replace a door actuator. They called my wife back with 2G's worth of work. 1K for tires?? Are you kidding me, $250 a piece for mount and balance? Costco has the tires for $178+15 and if I get all 4, I save $70 total. The other amount was for bogus DIY type stuff, air filters, and replacing clamps on one of the engine covers (which they claimed, had to be replaced??? Why, it is in great shape, just missing clamps...those bastards wante to hose me $170 for the cover plus $69 to install it??)

Good Luck, and let me know where you end up going!!!
I'll keep you posted, glad you didn't let the stealership hose you !
Old 09-12-09, 09:15 PM
2700$oarer
Rookie

try ebay and some elbow grease if you don't want to be charged for a few hundred for some simple diy tlc..
Old 10-15-09, 05:15 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2700$oarer
try ebay and some elbow grease if you don't want to be charged for a few hundred for some simple diy tlc..
I always use Ebay, unfortunely at 62 my energy level is tapering off in the elbow grease category