Any one has schematic diagram for 2001 LS430 showing Bank 1 Sensor 2 location? - Club Lexus Forums

Go Back   > >
Log In 

Any one has schematic diagram for 2001 LS430 showing Bank 1 Sensor 2 location?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-07, 09:17 PM   #1
DanozLS430
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
DanozLS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 353
Default Any one has schematic diagram for 2001 LS430 showing Bank 1 Sensor 2 location?

Sorry a typo when I the posted heading title. Suppose to read Bank 1 Sensor 1. Number 2 should be right behind that.


Any one has schematic diagram for 2001 LS430 showing Bank 1 Sensor 1 location? I know where it is on my GS300 which is an inline 6 but on a Lexus V8, I want to make sure I change the correct part. Will do a installation follow up report once I know which 02 sensor to change as I did with my GS300.

Last edited by DanozLS430; 07-26-07 at 02:01 AM.
DanozLS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 11:37 AM   #2
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator
iTrader: (2)
 
mitsuguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanozLS430 View Post
Sorry a typo when I the posted heading title. Suppose to read Bank 1 Sensor 1. Number 2 should be right behind that.


Any one has schematic diagram for 2001 LS430 showing Bank 1 Sensor 1 location? I know where it is on my GS300 which is an inline 6 but on a Lexus V8, I want to make sure I change the correct part. Will do a installation follow up report once I know which 02 sensor to change as I did with my GS300.
no schematic needed... Sensor 1 is always ahead of the first catalytic converter - even without knowing the vehicle, that tells us it is in the exhaust somewhere after the collector and before the first catalytic converter...

Bank 1 is the side of the motor with Cylinder 1...
mitsuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 12:21 PM   #3
DanozLS430
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
DanozLS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post
no schematic needed... Sensor 1 is always ahead of the first catalytic converter - even without knowing the vehicle, that tells us it is in the exhaust somewhere after the collector and before the first catalytic converter...

Bank 1 is the side of the motor with Cylinder 1...


Would that be passenger side front?
DanozLS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 12:32 PM   #4
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator
iTrader: (2)
 
mitsuguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanozLS430 View Post
Would that be passenger side front?
according to what I am looking at, bank 1 is on the driver side...
mitsuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 01:07 PM   #5
DanozLS430
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
DanozLS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post
according to what I am looking at, bank 1 is on the driver side...
So, is it driver side front? What are you looking at?
DanozLS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 01:38 PM   #6
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator
iTrader: (2)
 
mitsuguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanozLS430 View Post
So, is it driver side front? What are you looking at?
Mitchell... driver front, yes
mitsuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 01:57 PM   #7
DanozLS430
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
DanozLS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post
Mitchell... driver front, yes
Thanks for the info. I'll do a detailed follow up once job completed.

DanozLS430
DanozLS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 01:01 PM   #8
DanozLS430
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
DanozLS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post
Mitchell... driver front, yes
I have a question? When looking at a Parts Location Schematic Diagram on the LS430 car and engine, would you or most parts people conside the driver side as being the left side or right side. I just ordered the 02 sensor part for bank 1 Sensor 1 driver side front. The parts guy said driver side is usually left side. Just curious.
DanozLS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 01:18 PM   #9
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator
iTrader: (2)
 
mitsuguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanozLS430 View Post
I have a question? When looking at a Parts Location Schematic Diagram on the LS430 car and engine, would you or most parts people conside the driver side as being the left side or right side. I just ordered the 02 sensor part for bank 1 Sensor 1 driver side front. The parts guy said driver side is usually left side. Just curious.
Always as sitting in the vehicle... which is why I prefer left side or right side many times, it's universal that way...
mitsuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 01:38 PM   #10
DanozLS430
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
DanozLS430's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post
Always as sitting in the vehicle... which is why I prefer left side or right side many times, it's universal that way...
Thanks for the info....I always thought the left and right side would be as you face the car working on the engine.

If you were working facing front of the LS430 engine with the hood up and called out to a fellow worker "Where's the windshield wiper water reservoir loated?" and he replied it's on the left side (which is actually the driver side), would you look to the right side knowing driver side is actually the left or the other way? It kinda confuse me and easier to say driver or passenger side. Anyhow, learned something new today.....Thanks...
DanozLS430 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trying to locate Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensor for P0135 tdsilk LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) 3 12-22-14 05:52 PM
Diagram...Help... mrchacon ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) 7 07-05-09 03:06 PM
Help!! CEL P0135 Location PLZ!!!!! jcjerry GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 5 09-28-07 12:42 AM
2001 GS300 O2 Sensor Problem Mac851 Maintenance 6 09-30-06 09:22 AM
Bank 1 Sensor 1 garvard RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) 2 04-07-06 09:23 AM


Tags
2001, 300, 430, bank, catalytic, chart, converter, cylinder, diagram, inline, lexus, ls, ls430, sensor, sensors, v8

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved