Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lifetime Alignment Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-06, 02:34 PM
CO-LS400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifetime Alignment Service

Just got new tires and was going to get my car aligned.

Typical cost around $70 where I live in Colorado..

However, one place in town offers a LIFETIME Alignment for $219 (Tires Plus)

No limits on how many times I bring it in.. (As long as I own the car) So after 3 alignments I'm in the money..

What would you do.. With 250$ Brigdestones I'm leaning toward the Lifetime.
I could get it done when I get new tires, orblow out the alignment on a bad road etc.. Opinions???? any exprerience with this.
Some people with expensive tires tell my they get their alignment checked at least annually no matter what..
Old 09-07-06, 03:14 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

one thing ive noticed is that a lot of those places with lifetime alignments have caveats hidden in the fine print like you cant do your own susp. or brake work THEY have to do it or else the alignment agreement is null and void.
Old 09-07-06, 03:38 PM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Couple members noted lifetime alignment voucher is the ticket to put whoever claiming it at the end of the line when waiting for service.
My take is to buy alignment when necessary, save the $ and buy better tires.
Old 09-07-06, 08:41 PM
kpuri
Rookie

Since you live in CO (Denver area I hope)
Try Brakes Plus $43 w/online coupon for a 4 wheel alignment
I have had my GS400 and the wifes minivan aligned with good results at the Arapahoe and I-25 location
Old 09-08-06, 08:14 PM
John U
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've purchased 3 lifetime alignments from Firestone. Two of the cars I've had for over ten years now. I've done my own axles, brakes etc. I've always waited until the new parts have had a few trips thru the rain to dirty them up so I'm not flaunting the fresh parts to them. I've never been questioned.
JU
Old 09-20-06, 04:36 PM
HoracioGS4
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased two lifetime alignment warranties ($140 each) on my cars also from Firestone. I have never taken my car to Firestone for service nor will I, and currently when I have taken my cars for subsequent alignments, they have never told me anything. I also have never been put at the end of the line. In my opinion, it is a good deal, you have the freedom to take it when you want. If you get new tires, get an alignment. If you hit some big bumps, get an alignment. If you feel your car pulling to one side, get another alignment. Great deal!
Old 09-22-06, 09:59 PM
Project300
Driver

Default Firestone

I rebuilt my front end myself and then drove it straight to Firestone to get the lifetime alignment. They never said a thing and I even mentioned that there were lots of new parts that I had installed. I just got new tires and I will be getting another alignment.
Old 09-23-06, 03:39 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Down here, I need at least one alignment a month...it gets really bad.
Old 10-02-06, 08:40 AM
mvallido
Pole Position

Firestone here is San Diego is pretty good too. The only trick is come early in the morning like 5 minutes before they open and you will be the first one on the rack.
Old 10-02-06, 01:28 PM
Gibenstein
Pole Position

I goto Brakecheck for my lifetime alignment. I believe it was like $120 for it. Its nice b/c when I change out my suspension I can go get it , if it does pull I will go get it aligned, and I plan to get new tires so I can get it aligned again . God I love it.
Old 10-02-06, 02:24 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would never have anyone that offers Lifetime Alignment do an alignment on my car.
Old 10-02-06, 03:00 PM
Gibenstein
Pole Position

I remember when I took my old car to firestone for a one time alignment (non lifetime , cause I was about to sell it). And the alignment came out just as bad as it went in. I was very angry so thats why I got the lifetime... So if they messed up I will take it right back.
Old 10-02-06, 06:05 PM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It depends on the need due to the roads driven on. If, in Colorado, you are driving off road on dirt or poorly maintained roads, the two hundred twenty dollars may be a good deal, expecting to use the service several times in as many years.
On the other side;

if the vehicle is totaled or stolen, it may be an expensive alignment. Vehicles are expendable.
You might not get the experienced personnel doing the job.
Old 10-02-06, 06:45 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gibenstein
I remember when I took my old car to firestone for a one time alignment (non lifetime , cause I was about to sell it). And the alignment came out just as bad as it went in. I was very angry so thats why I got the lifetime... So if they messed up I will take it right back.
You should be able to do that anyway, for each alignment. If it isn't right when you drive it out, it goes right back in. Not to be underestimated, I've clearly gotten the best alignment jobs from the Lexus dealer.
Old 10-03-06, 07:49 AM
mvallido
Pole Position

There are some shops out there that takes pride in what they do but beware of the ones that will rip you off. I have a mechanic that works on all my cars. He does not charge to diagnose what's wrong and have the ***** to tell me that he can't do it and I have to take it to the dealer. Having a lifetime alignment is good if you plan to keep your cars for a while. Mine works like clockwork. In every 3 months for tire rotation then every six months for alignment. My firestone guy never complains seeing me there all the time. So far, I have not returned unsatisfied. I guess having a lifetime alignment paid for, they will rather do the job right the first time than doing it again.

Quick Reply: Lifetime Alignment Service