Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Factory Alarm has a mind of it's own

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-01, 07:02 AM
RaptorsFan

For the past couple of months my factory alarm has been going off for no reason. And it is very random. I called the local Lexus dealer (Don Valley North) and the ****** told me that I had to wait 2 weeks before I could bring it in. When I asked if it can be disabled he said "Uh, you can disconnect the horn" Thats when I hung up and looked for a better alternative. So I had an aftermarket alarm installed. They didnt disconnect the factory alarm because they said that I'd lose my power locks. But they said the problem might be one of the pins and to wait and see what happens. For a little under 2 weeks all was well until 4:00am Sunday morning. But the rest of the day and last night everyting was fine.

Do any of you know how to disconnect the factory alarm (without losing the power locks?) I have a 93 GS300.

Thanks.
Old 07-23-01, 08:13 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry no help on your problem but i also see ghosts sometimes .

When i use the remote to open my trunk sometimes my alarm likes to go off . So if i don't want my alarm to go off i got to unlock or disarm my car. Then use the trunk button . If i don't do this then i have a 50% chance of my alarm going off .

I bet them people in the parking lot are saying , look at that guy making his alarm go off so we can all look at his lexus. I am totally not trying to attract attention.

Guess i better go see a priest and get my car looked at
Old 07-26-01, 06:52 PM
NYGS400
Driver School Candidate

What you may want to do is check and see if your doorlocks where tampered with. I had this same problem and came to find out that someone tried to break into my car and messed up both front door locks....wasn't visible at first but when i tried to turn the key in the doorlock it won't move.....
Just something to consider.
Old 07-27-01, 01:47 PM
hubbard316
Pole Position

1niceride,

don't feel bad!! mine does the same thing!! I wonder what the problem is. I have to do the same thing as you to open my trunk and keep the alarm from sounding.
Old 07-27-01, 03:56 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Hmm I have the same problem where in the passenger side doorlock I can't seem to turn when I put my key in!?!? I better not find out someone was f-ing with my car .

Also its also weird, Sometimes when I lock my car, ALL the windows automatically open right away, including sunroof.

Old 08-06-01, 08:51 AM
msray
Pole Position

Default weird

I cant even seem to get my alarm to go off? Its weird...how does it work anyways ive tryed everything.

Mike
Old 08-06-01, 10:13 PM
award4

Default what does it take to get the alarm to go off.

I have yet to have my alarm go off. I have had both a 92 ES 300 and my current 2000 GS 300. I know Lexus doesnt have any shock sensor, so what does it take for it to go off. It seems to be by the time it would go off the damage has already started.