Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Advice on Lexus Body Shop??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-05, 05:24 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Advice on Lexus Body Shop??

OK well about a month ago someone clipped the front right side of my GS.

I have decided to pay the deductible and get the work done by the local Lexus dealers bodyshop (and in doing so, have the bumper, foglights, and fender completely replace..not just repaired)
I handed them my car last Monday (10/03). They approximated 5 days and said I should have my car back Friday.

10/06 - Thursday I called to make sure things were on schedule. Bodyshop manager says fender is on backorder and to give him a call the following day.

10/07 - Friday he says he just received it. He says it will take maybe another week but to give him call midweek to see if it was ready sooner.

10/11 - Tuesday says fender he received was for an '05..not for my '06. Says still on back order. May take another week but to call back wednesday.

10/12 - Says no word yet. Call back Friday.

I am disappointed because being that they mainly service Lexus cars and are in tight-knit with the Lexus service dept..I would expect at least a few days of heads up notice about any unforeseen circumstances. Apparently I was only notified of delays when I called them. What gives? Any suggestions??
Old 10-14-05, 12:52 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10/14 - Friday. Called and still no word on when they will have a fender for me. Says the car is so new theres a shortage of parts and that he raised it to "critical" back-order status because he feels terrible. Its storming cats and dogs here in NYC and it sucks not to have my car in this weather.

Someone please reassure me the Lexus bodyshop isnt playing games giving me the run-around due to maybe some screw up on their behalf. I always appreciate the truth, even if its painful.
Old 10-14-05, 01:22 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard
10/14 - Friday. Called and still no word on when they will have a fender for me. Says the car is so new theres a shortage of parts and that he raised it to "critical" back-order status because he feels terrible. Its storming cats and dogs here in NYC and it sucks not to have my car in this weather.

Someone please reassure me the Lexus bodyshop isnt playing games giving me the run-around due to maybe some screw up on their behalf. I always appreciate the truth, even if its painful.
The bodyshop manager is taking your calls, explaining and keeping you apprised of the status of your car, raising the status of your part order to "critical", and apologizing (for a delay that doesn't even appear to be the bodyshop's fault) - I would say that they are providing excellent customer service.

I know it hurts not to have your car, and it's a shame that the repairs have taken longer than the bodyshop had anticipated. However, remember that your car is at the dealer's bodyshop and that that dealership is going to want to keep your business. So, based on all that you have indicated, I would say that the bodyshop manager is going to do evrything in his power to keep you happy and get your car back to you as soon as possible.

One thing you might want to try is writing a letter to the general manager at the dealership. If I were writing that letter, I would let the GM know that the car I purchased from his dealership is in the bodyshop and I would bring to his attention the fact that needed parts to complete the repair have still not yet arrived, but that you appreciate all the efforts the bodyshop manager is doing on your behalf to finish the job.

I used a letter such as that when I was building my house and needed to get the general contractor's attention regard subcontractors who was dragging their feet and it was all that was needed to get what I wanted.