Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

could it be wearing out already?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-05, 03:37 PM
jshowell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question could it be wearing out already?

I have noticed that when I start my car after it has sat over night that it will have a noise like the oil pressure is not building fast enough but the fluid indicator lights will not stay lit past start up. For this I plan to use a slightly heavier oil at the next change, that should help. I have also noticed that my top end is lacking the normal gusto it once had. I have changed the plugs and wires, and have inspected the air induction line. I have also "rebooted" my ECU by pulling the main fuse and the fuel injection fuse. I have noticed a sharp response in my low end but still no "power band" at higher rpm's (4000-5000). The car is all stock and is a 92 sc300 5 speed with 127,000. Any one have an idea? Any help would be greatly received.
Old 08-26-05, 05:31 PM
shaman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jshowell
I have noticed that when I start my car after it has sat over night that it will have a noise like the oil pressure is not building fast enough but the fluid indicator lights will not stay lit past start up. For this I plan to use a slightly heavier oil at the next change, that should help. I have also noticed that my top end is lacking the normal gusto it once had. I have changed the plugs and wires, and have inspected the air induction line. I have also "rebooted" my ECU by pulling the main fuse and the fuel injection fuse. I have noticed a sharp response in my low end but still no "power band" at higher rpm's (4000-5000). The car is all stock and is a 92 sc300 5 speed with 127,000. Any one have an idea? Any help would be greatly received.

IF oild pressure isn't building fast enough you need a lighter weight oil. Try a 5w- or a 0w- for faster cold pumping. If you feel that your top end is suffering, check your air filter. Also, right before you do your next oil change look into doing a seafoam run. SUck it up, and if you are brave, do a piston soak. If you want more than that, look into Auto-RX. Ran it in two vehicles, and liked what I saw in the oil filter. Money back guarantee doesn't hurt either.