Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.
View Poll Results: How have your Longo Service Experiences been?
GREAT!
100.00%
Neutral.
0%
UNSATISFACTORY!
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: The Longo Lexus Experience

Old 02-16-05, 09:02 PM
ARISTO 161
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default POLL: The Longo Lexus Experience

how have your experiences been with longo?

i used to love longo, A LOT

but...

when i went over the 50,000 mile type warranty...
i wasnt happy anymore.

when i was barely over 50k
i went to longo because i found out my side mirrors did not tint like my rearview mirror did when there is a lot of glare coming from any cars in the rear.
according to the car's window sticker, which i showed them, it says i have tinting rearview and side mirros. (monochromatic)
so they say i have to pay some many hours of labor just to have them check to see if its really missing or it just broke, which i recall never having.
i asked the guy if i would have to pay for the labor if they found out the tinting parts were missing. and the (sorry to say irritating me now) service consultant said he plainly didnt know...
once you go over 50K you are not a Lexus dealer friend!!
BEWARE!!!!
Old 02-17-05, 03:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

I'm not quite sure what the problem you're saying you had was from your description....

Are you unhappy because you had to pay for something because your car was out of warranty? As someone with two Lexus cars outside of warranty - I always expect to pay for parts and/or labor when I go to the dealer to get work done. Sometimes I'm suprised when they still cover something (I had a leak in my LS gas tank and they replaced it for free).

If you don't like not being covered, get an extended warranty!
Old 02-17-05, 04:01 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
If you don't like not being covered, get an extended warranty!
I agree. That's what I did because of the miles I drive.

On a sidenote, I got the Penske Extended Warranty at Longo (good at Stevens Creek or Longo Lexus). It's basically the same that Lexus USA offers but the warranty work is reimburseable by Penske if out of pocket expense is incurred from a non Penske Automotive Group facility.
Old 02-23-05, 09:24 AM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ARISTO 161
once you go over 50K you are not a Lexus dealer friend!!
BEWARE!!!!
Friend? Since when do we socialize with the dealership?

We are customers, not friends to the dealers. So we are expected to pay once the warranty is out. Simple as that.
Old 02-24-05, 05:30 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm not sure what the poster was trying to say. So i'll wait to till he explains the situation a little better.
Old 02-24-05, 06:06 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
I'm not sure what the poster was trying to say. So i'll wait to till he explains the situation a little better.
I can explain.

Car has a little more than 50,000 miles.
At this time the owner realized that his mirrors were supposed to be auto-tinting (according to the window sticker) but it's never auto-tinted.
Dealer told him that the owner would have to pay some sort of labor fee to see if the mechanism was missing or broken.
Owner asked if he would have to pay if the mechanism was missing.
Service rep told the owner that he didn't know.
owner is not happy with the dealer.

Here are my takes on it.
I think after 50k miles it's a little too late to complain to the dealer that your car was not equipped as described on the window sticker. Mistakes do happen and sometimes the owner gets less and sometimes more. As it is the responsibility of the dealer to make sure that the car is equipped with all that it's supposed to have they cannot be held liable after 50k miles. An owner of a vehicle could have removed thousands of dollars of parts in that 50k miles of ownership then claim that it was never installed.
Old 02-24-05, 07:17 PM
ARISTO 161
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yea

thats what i meant. guess it wasnt our day.

i think compared to Other dealers of other makes, lexus dealers are pretty upscale
sometimes i feel i need to hide the shorts
Old 02-24-05, 08:56 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VSsc400
I can explain.

Car has a little more than 50,000 miles.
At this time the owner realized that his mirrors were supposed to be auto-tinting (according to the window sticker) but it's never auto-tinted.
Dealer told him that the owner would have to pay some sort of labor fee to see if the mechanism was missing or broken.
Owner asked if he would have to pay if the mechanism was missing.
Service rep told the owner that he didn't know.
owner is not happy with the dealer.

Here are my takes on it.
I think after 50k miles it's a little too late to complain to the dealer that your car was not equipped as described on the window sticker. Mistakes do happen and sometimes the owner gets less and sometimes more. As it is the responsibility of the dealer to make sure that the car is equipped with all that it's supposed to have they cannot be held liable after 50k miles. An owner of a vehicle could have removed thousands of dollars of parts in that 50k miles of ownership then claim that it was never installed.
Ohh ok, makes a lot more sense now. To be honost, I cant blame the deale because they cant responsible after 50K. They might do it at goodwill, or to win you over as a customer, but I dont think they are liable. Maybe if you use the power of words with your adviser, you might get somewhere. Good luck.