Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Dealership Car Wash?

Old 01-20-05, 10:33 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Dealership Car Wash?

I recently visited my Stealership(Lexus of Huntsville) in Huntsville, Alabama. I took my 2001 LS430 UL into the shop for some warranty service. After waiting for over an hour, the part they ordered wasn't matching my interior, so they told me that'd call me when they get the right part.

I was angry that I sat there and got nothing. I didn't even get a car wash. When I lived in Minnesota, they washed my car anytime I brought my car in. I was always happy to leave there with a shiny car. Not this time in Huntsville

I was wondered if anyone else has these same expectations or if the Lexus Dealer in Minnesota was just special.
Old 01-20-05, 10:48 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by DDLexus
I recently visited my Stealership(Lexus of Huntsville) in Huntsville, Alabama. I took my 2001 LS430 UL into the shop for some warranty service. After waiting for over an hour, the part they ordered wasn't matching my interior, so they told me that'd call me when they get the right part.

I was angry that I sat there and got nothing. I didn't even get a car wash. When I lived in Minnesota, they washed my car anytime I brought my car in. I was always happy to leave there with a shiny car. Not this time in Huntsville

I was wondered if anyone else has these same expectations or if the Lexus Dealer in Minnesota was just special.
My Lexus dealer always offer to wash my car everytime, so does my Infiniti dealer.
Old 01-20-05, 12:23 PM
johnnyt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should've washed the car!
Old 01-20-05, 12:45 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They should have offered.

That said, I always tell them no wash anyway so it does not bother me if they don't offer.
Old 01-20-05, 01:51 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Default More on the subject

Found this on Lexus.com
Attached Thumbnails Dealership Car Wash?-lexus_dealer.gif  
Old 01-20-05, 02:25 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

I think most will throw in the car wash if you're there for service. But if nothing was done, I think it's up to the discretion of the dealerships since they're independent. I know a few here in California can be a bit stingy. Usually most will take care of you though.
Old 01-20-05, 02:44 PM
DDLexus
Racer

I agree INKBLOT... but in this case, there was service done, they just couldn't finish the job because they ordered the wrong colored parts. They removed my Lexus Link system (Analog). They are missing one part that might come in someday... they didn't offer me any idea on when.
Old 01-20-05, 04:27 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I don't WANT anybody else washing my car...I'll do it myself, That way I know it's done right....without scratching the paint.
In fact, I get p - - -ed off at my local Lexus dealer because they WON'T let me wash my own car.....so I just drive it home dirty. It is a serious enough issue with me that I will not purchase from this Lexus dealer again, as I am not able to wash my car at my house (a condo)...I have to do it nearby (by hand, of course) at my brother's place.
Old 01-20-05, 04:54 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I don't WANT anybody else washing my car...I'll do it myself, That way I know it's done right....without scratching the paint.
In fact, I get p - - -ed off at my local Lexus dealer because they WON'T let me wash my own car.....so I just drive it home dirty. It is a serious enough issue with me that I will not purchase from this Lexus dealer again, as I am not able to wash my car at my house (a condo)...I have to do it nearby (by hand, of course) at my brother's place.
I am with you 100%. In fact, I have DO NOT WASH on my file for every time I go in for service (and I remind them every time as well). My SBM 01 paint has the scratches to show for it Note to self: make time for wet sanding.

But for DDLexus, I think you should've gotten a wash/detail, you're right, regardless of whether they could have finished the job. Even when I've gone there for a check on an unusual noise in the past, I paid nothing and nothing was fixed and they still provided a courtesy wash.
Old 01-20-05, 04:56 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

My Lexus dealer offers touchless wash - that's acceptable to me, but not my Infiniti dealer.
Old 01-20-05, 05:12 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

lexus dealership i go to have their own car wash on the lot. so i always get my wash
Old 01-20-05, 05:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by inkblot
My SBM 01 paint has the scratches to show for it .
Try a product called SCRATCH-OUT. Comes in a little yellow bottle about 6 or 7 inches high....$3 to $5 at CVS drug stores, some auto parts shops, and dealer parts departments.

http://www.kitwax.com/html/kitProducts.htm

Great stuff.....I've used it for years. In fact, I give it away as gifts to people who get new vehicles.
It will work very well on small and shallow scratrches.....the SCRATCH-PASTE will work on slightly deeper ones, but really deep scratches, of course, will have to be repainted.

Just wet the area down with a sponge, dry it, shake the bottle up, rub some on with a soft rag, and wipe off.....that simple. You may need to rub hard on some stuff or do it several times. It will get scratches, paint stains, shallow etching from bird / insect droppings, and all kinds of surface annoyances in the paint, and it will NOT leave swirl marks...in fact, it will remove them. It is not a wax, though....in fact it removes wax, but leaves an ultra-smooth highly polished surface.

If your scratches are only on the surface, this stuff should help. Try it...and good luck

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-20-05 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-20-05, 07:29 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DDLexus
Found this on Lexus.com
Notice that they say "may include" so these services are not guaranteed.

And like the others, they don't touch my car anyway, touchless carwash or not. Many of those runs along rails that can damage rims. Heck, lowered cars may not even fit any more.
Old 01-21-05, 05:21 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Unless my car is VERY dirty with salt etc.. and I cannot wash it myself, I let the dealer do it when I am in. They hand wash it and so a pretty good job. But I usually just tell them not to wash it and they put a sign on the dash that says "no wash" and they don't touch it. I really prefer to wash it myself so I know it is done right with TLC. I was traveling in Alabama last spring and had to stop by the Lexus Dealer in Montgomery because my low tire pressure light was on even though all the tires were fine. They reset the light and suggested I have the dealer in St. Louis fix it since they said it was a detailed fix and the St. Louis dealer had already been working on it with Lexus Corp. Anyway, they offered to wash it since it was filthy with bugs and road dirt from the 600+ mile trip. They did a good job. I would say to talk to the service manager the next time you are in to express your concerns, they should make it right.
Old 01-22-05, 10:09 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'm in agreement with you too mm! I don't like anyone else but me washing my car I mean seriously now everyone......let try to put some things in perspective here......220,000+ people have died in the last month over seas by one of the worst natural disasters ever seen in our lifetime & were complaining about a lousy car wash? Unbelievable! I'm going to go out on a limb here & say that I bet some wish they had your problems!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealership Car Wash?