Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Dealership Car Wash?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-05, 12:17 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I expect them to offer the wash too. I used to go to longo for service. they did a good job everytime. but i've heard that since they remodeled they have added an automated car wash, which is fine if ur car is stock... but if uve got rims and a low kit. last time i went to luxury motorworks they offered to wash it even tho i was there past closing time.
Old 01-22-05, 05:23 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by CarlssonLS400
I expect them to offer the wash too. I used to go to longo for service. they did a good job everytime. but i've heard that since they remodeled they have added an automated car wash, which is fine if ur car is stock... but if uve got rims and a low kit. last time i went to luxury motorworks they offered to wash it even tho i was there past closing time.
I guess nobody read my comments.
Old 01-22-05, 06:07 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
I guess nobody read my comments.

yeah i did read ur comment. but im responding to ddlexus' original question... "I was wondered if anyone else has these same expectations"... that's all man. thats nothing to get upset over. i understand horrible events have been going on around the world but thats no reason to get down and let it affect other areas of your life. over here there's not much i can do for them. i donated $1000 towards the cause. yeah maybe not much considering how bad the situation is but what else is there to do. so yeah. just wanted to talk about a carwash. dont' know how u brought it to this
Old 01-22-05, 07:33 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Didn't really think it was such a huge deal if they didn't wash someone's car....the way the original post was worded..........it seemed like it was almost a crisis or something.
Old 01-23-05, 09:43 PM
et415
Rookie

Longo Lexus told me that they use the same automated car wash for both service washing and new car washing. My thinking is that it can't be that bad for them to wash the car since otherwise, wouldn't new car buyers complain about scratches on the paint when they pick it up? Is my logic messed up?
Old 01-23-05, 10:09 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by et415
Longo Lexus told me that they use the same automated car wash for both service washing and new car washing. My thinking is that it can't be that bad for them to wash the car since otherwise, wouldn't new car buyers complain about scratches on the paint when they pick it up? Is my logic messed up?
If that is the case, I'd request no wash on a brand new car if I bought it at Longo (which I would have no problem doing so ). I don't really trust machine car washes, especially ones that the car is guided down using rails.

Here is what happened to a member here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141117

Now, this had to do with the wheels and Longo did resolve it at the end. I'm just saying these machine washers are not perfect.

Note: This is not meant as a knock on Longo, just my lack of trust on these machines.
Old 01-23-05, 11:50 PM
et415
Rookie

Originally Posted by Neo
Here is what happened to a member here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141117
Thanks for the heads up. I've only had my car washed once since taking it off the lot originally (it was by Longo). The only paint damage I see on my car is some swirl marks near the back door handle--not sure of the cause, but I think I'm going to not have them wash it (unless they can do it by hand).

I just ordered some QEW, so I'm going to try using that method of washing. I just wish the GX wasn't so tall...the height is going to make washing it a hassle, I think. If it is, I might have to go to a conveyor-belt handwash place.