Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

ABS, Brake, VSC lights on. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-05, 01:52 PM
Agent$mith
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ABS, Brake, VSC lights on. Please help

I just got my car alarm installed and when I drove out the lights came on. I'm guessing it's a fuse or something because I disconnected the battery for about 1hr and reconnected it and it still comes on. Can someone help me? I already had the master cylinder replaced 5 months ago.

2001 Lexus GS300

Thanks
Johnny
Old 01-16-05, 02:24 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent$mith
I just got my car alarm installed and when I drove out the lights came on. I'm guessing it's a fuse or something because I disconnected the battery for about 1hr and reconnected it and it still comes on. Can someone help me? I already had the master cylinder replaced 5 months ago.

2001 Lexus GS300

Thanks
Johnny
thats weird.. i had the same problem yesterday after i changed my rotors and brake pads.. it would light up if i constantly pump the brakes... lit and and starting beeping but went away after 5 seconds or so..
Old 01-16-05, 03:02 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is it still drivable
no problem with the gas pedal ??
Old 01-16-05, 03:39 PM
Agent$mith
Intermediate

There is no problem at all. Drives normal. Just the lights come on all the time.
Old 01-16-05, 03:45 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the installer of the alarm system disconnected some connector and forgot to connnect it back. Go back to the installer and ask them to take a look, because all of these problems started after the alarm was installed.
Old 01-16-05, 03:46 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ARISTO*7
thats weird.. i had the same problem yesterday after i changed my rotors and brake pads.. it would light up if i constantly pump the brakes... lit and and starting beeping but went away after 5 seconds or so..
what you just described is normal... by constantly pumping the pedal, you are draining the accumulator of its pressure... eventually turning on a warning light.

as for the original post, if the problem happened directly after an alarm install... take it back to them... it seems to me like the last one to touch it, might have something to do with the problem.
Old 01-16-05, 07:37 PM
Agent$mith
Intermediate

I'm trying to find a do it yourself resolution. The car alarm place I took it to gave me a hard time when I took it there. They kept telling me it'll take another hour when I called them on the phone after I dropped it off. It took them 7 hrs to put in a Prestige Pager/Remote Start in my car. The reason why is that they had only 2 installers and they put me in line last Saturday 1/15/05.

Whoever is in Houston, do NOT go to Josh Car Audio on Antoine. The place was very ghetto and I fell into the trap because my friend went there because it was very cheap. ($200 for a Prestige 996 alarm.) I went Sunday 1/16/05 for them to help and the owner told me that I'll have to come back tomorrow, I complained, and he told me to get out. F***kin *******.

I'm hoping someone had the same problem so I can do it myself instead of having it to take it to the dealership. I don't have time for ghetto places making me wait and giving the worse customer service.