Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Removal of Arm Rest / Center Console on 1994 LS 400???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-04, 10:44 AM
tyncobb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Removal of Arm Rest / Center Console on 1994 LS 400???

As I am new to the club, I want to thank WT-i for answering my past two questions, which resolved my problems.

My new problem, is that I believe I have dropped some change down the small crack between the front of the Arm Rest / Center Console and the cupholder (which was pulled out and in use when my change slipped down the crack)

It has created a problem now, of not being able to push tand recess the cupholder completely back into the Arm Rest / Center Console....I believe because there is something like a quarter or nickle laying below the piece of plastic in the holder that gets pushed in and down, in order to have your cup holder completely recessed in the front of the center console. I think, if I could figure out how to remove the arm rest / center console, then I could remove the blockage below where the cupholder actually could then be depressed all the way down and thereafter, the face of the cupholder could be locked into place against the front of the Arm Rest / Center Console.

ANY HELP SOLVING THIS PROBLEM OR INSTRUCTIONS FOR REMOVING THE ARM REST CENTER CONSOLE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you for your responses. Tyndale Cobb
Old 12-15-04, 02:48 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe the front cup holder on the 1994 LS can be remove without removing center console. First try to remove the wood panel around the shifter by using a small flathead screw driver and pry it up. You will see 4 screws that holding the cupholder. I may be wrong on this one.

Anyway, to remove the center console you have to remove wood trim around the shifter, the carpet piece at the bottom of the console and you will see bolts or screws at the bottom. Then remove( pry out) the air vent inside the center console and you will see 2 more screws. I hope this help.