Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Lexus Master Technician

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-04, 06:32 AM
joeydingo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Master Technician

What does attaining this certification involve?
Old 12-05-04, 12:53 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, the technician need to passed all 8 of the ASE test. Work for Lexus for at least 3 years and go to about 10 Lexus trainning classes. Plus a lot of online tests and online trainning.

The first Lexus class is the L005 intro to Lexus and it's a 5 days. Then you have to go to about 9-10 classes and each class will last between 2-5 days. I know that some dealership hardly send any technician the the trainning class, because it cost the dealership a lot of money.

Lexus only have 5 trainning centers in the U.S. In Southeastern region we got one in Atlanta, so the technician from 10 southeastern states they have to drive or fly to Atlanta for trainning. The dealership pay Lexus $250.00 per day, pay technician 8 hrs per day and pay for the airfare, hotel and food. A two days class will cost the dealership around $1,200 - $1,800.00. I know some technician that work for another dealership for over 4 years and finally his dealership just send him to the intro class ( 5 days class). I think they have to make sure the technician will stay with the dealership for a long time before they start to spend the money on the technician.
Old 12-05-04, 01:14 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Yep, you explained it pretty much dead on! Some dealerships are hesitant to send their techs to class, so they wait a while, make sure the tech isnt leavin first Ive been to about 4-5 classes so far, and have all of my ASE's... I still need to finish up a couple of the online tests though....
Old 12-05-04, 03:42 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RTCamaroSS
Yep, you explained it pretty much dead on! Some dealerships are hesitant to send their techs to class, so they wait a while, make sure the tech isnt leavin first Ive been to about 4-5 classes so far, and have all of my ASE's... I still need to finish up a couple of the online tests though....
You're almost there Ryan. Make sure finished all the online tests before the end of the year. My dealership is only 20 miles from the Lexus Southeastern area office, so I'm kinda lucky that I'm in town and the dealership don't have to spend money on airfare or hotel room.

P.S, they paid me to take the online tests, straight time.
Old 12-05-04, 04:50 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally posted by VVT-i
You're almost there Ryan. Make sure finished all the online tests before the end of the year. My dealership is only 20 miles from the Lexus Southeastern area office, so I'm kinda lucky that I'm in town and the dealership don't have to spend money on airfare or hotel room.

P.S, they paid me to take the online tests, straight time.
Just took and passed the online NAV diag. test....
Old 01-03-05, 06:23 PM
Jet
Driver School Candidate

Hello guys, this is my first post in this forum and looks like i've found the right place to post my first thread.

Just want to introduce myself alittle,I currently work for a lexus dealer here in New York and I am also master Certified with Lexus, been with Lexus since the end of '96 till now. The lexus certification program is definally not easy. between all the ASE tests, training courses and online tests it beats the hell out of you...lol. but its all worth it. IMHO

Last edited by Jet; 01-07-05 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-06-05, 08:01 PM
Nutech
Driver School Candidate

How Can you forgot about the weight you will gain to become a lexus master tech
They feed you like a pig +30 lb after all the class hahaha
Old 01-07-05, 03:48 PM
Jet
Driver School Candidate

oh yeah forgot about that...hahaha
Old 01-07-05, 03:57 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jet
Hello guys, this is my first post in this forum and looks like i've found the right place to post my first thread.

Just want to introduce myself alittle,I currently work for a lexus dealer here in New York and I am also master Certified with Lexus, been with Lexus since the end of '96 till now. The lexus certification program is definally not easy. between all the ASE tests, training courses and online tests it beats the hell out of you...lol. but its all worth it. IMHO
Welcome to CL Jet. Good to see another Lexus master tech around.
Nutech, you're right and forget about this part....
Old 01-07-05, 06:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Welcome Jet! We've got six or seven Lexus Tech / Master Techs that hang out here. Not all of them post as much as others.

I've got a question - are there different 'levels' of Lexus Technician beyond the general Tech waiting or studying to be a tech and a Master Tech?
Old 01-07-05, 08:05 PM
tech237
Rookie

Yes....its called "Lexus Senior Certified"....that 's my latest accomplishment...
Old 01-07-05, 08:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by tech237
Yes....its called "Lexus Senior Certified"....that 's my latest accomplishment...

Congratulations! So that's one level - what are the others (and what's the difference)?
Old 01-07-05, 08:13 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
We've got six or seven Lexus Tech / Master Techs that hang out here. Not all of them post as much as others.
Dave, can you list all of them here? The only ones I can think of are VVT-i, Jet and RRCamaro(sp?).
Old 01-07-05, 08:19 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by lexusk8
Dave, can you list all of them here? The only ones I can think of are VVT-i, Jet and RRCamaro(sp?).
No, some of them want to remain anonymous unless they want to post up (some others are on this thread like tech237). Some 'out of the closet' are former moderators DevilDog, Sooner (I think?). JPI was one (not sure if you can still call yourself one if you leave Lexus).
Old 01-07-05, 08:19 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusk8
DevilDog used to post more. TAMR_GUS98 is also a tech, not sure what his level is.

Edit: Man you're fast Dave.

Last edited by Neo; 01-07-05 at 08:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus Master Technician