Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

LONGO Service Dept. damaged my wheels!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-04, 11:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i saw the car in person together with mark and it was just sad.... there is no way those wheels can be repaired at all, it's just no way. anyone with the least amount of wheel knowledge will be able to tell you that.

and mark, it's very stupid for them to try to review the security tape... to me that's very stupid of them.... they should know very well what caused the problems....

i hope you can get the situation resolved soon.... i was happy to meet you in person, though i am sure we met at the worst time
Old 11-23-04, 11:44 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

O/T it's weird but it seems like everytime i'm at Longo, either I see Marc or his car there at one point or another.
Old 11-23-04, 01:10 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

flip: I really takes care of my car just like everyone here in this forum. When I had my SC, I had oil change every 3k (vs. 5k) with Mobile 1 oil. One service advisor called me wasting of money but that is how I am with the car. I can't stand with my car has a little impecfection and I only trust Longo to do the job right (at least until this incident). This might explaint why you see me or my car there often.

Right now I just don't like the fact that they told me the camera was down which cause them to slow down the process. Liz was there with me and Henry and when Liz told me they were looking at the tape I was very happy because I know they will have hard evidence to proof they messed up not me trying to cheat them. So, what a coincident that the cameras happen to be broken that day when I drove my car in????? Today is the fourth working days since the wheels were damaged and still no words on anything.... you can ensure the relationship is going sour and sour as the time is ticking...
Old 11-23-04, 01:16 PM
Nutech
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

If you ask them to have it replace I bet they will replace them for you! may take some time but it will happend. You have to talk to the right person.
Old 11-23-04, 05:50 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I understand the frustration and this certainly is a mood killer to have to wait. Hang in there, this will be resolved and you'll be able to get back into the swing of things. In the meantime, I'm sure you have some alternate thoughts in mind for your car so maybe that can help direct you toward a positive outcome.

For all we know, the Lexus God in his wisdom has chosen this incident to help motivate a decision. Forget money...it is in the grand scheme.
Old 11-24-04, 01:11 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up RESOLUTION

Okay guys,

I finally got a call from Longo's service manager along with a good news. Longo will assume the full responsibility and reimburse me the replacement cost of those wheels. Although I was frustrated with the length of this process and not being informed of what they were planning on doing, I want to give the recognition that Longo deserved base on the final decision in this incident. They stepped up to the plate and did what is right in this dispute. If I owe an apology to Longo Lexus for my prior posting by my suspicion on not admitting of their wrong doing and dragging on the process, I am making my formal and sincere apology statement here to Longo.

After this incident, even though I am a little hesitated of bring my car back to Longo but I will give LONGO a benefit of the doubt and will return for all future services (and of course -- NOT MORE CAR WASH). This is not a make up of what they have done for me because that is a matter of principle (and right or wrong). In any event, this resolution has re-established LONGO's crediability (at least to me) and therefore, I will do what I would normally do when it comes to servicing my car and purchasing new Lexus vehicle. Anyways, I appreciate all the support I got from this forum and I believe (and hope) this testimony should reinstate LONGO's image in this community.

Mark.

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 11-24-04 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-24-04, 01:30 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Mark-

Very pleased this is resolved for you. Nice to also see the big company be there for the consumer.

So now that this is settled, what do you have in mind with respect to the wheels?
Old 11-24-04, 04:08 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Mark, this is excellent news. Glad they did the right thing.
Old 11-24-04, 04:37 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Mike: Believe me, I was glad to see that a company like LONGO (or Penske Motor) stepped up and correct the issue. Although it started up bad but what really matter is the end result and need less to say that they came through. I am going to order the same wheel with the same set up via my contact (this is also to ensure them I have no incentive). I could have ordered the wheel from Super Autobach (which I got the quote yesterday and believe me the price is in the 3 grand range - wheel only of course), but I told Larry that I will order it through my contact which in return will save them a bundle. If they did the right thing to me, I will return the favor and help them to minimize the cost.

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 11-24-04 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-24-04, 05:01 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by GSXOTIC
Mike: Believe me, I was glad to see that a company like LONGO (or Penske Motor) stepped up and correct the issue. ...I could have ordered the wheel from Super Autobach (which I got the quote yesterday and believe me the price is in the 3 grand range - wheel only of course), but I told Larry that I will order it through my contact which in return will save them a bundle. If they did the right thing to me, I will return the favor and help them to minimize the cost.
Class acts all around. Glad to see things work our Mark.
Old 11-24-04, 05:03 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

This is awesome news Mark! I'm really happy for you!

Either way, I still won't take my car to Longo.

Last edited by Wald GS; 11-24-04 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-25-04, 11:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

that's awesome update mark, i am glad that everything is resolved. i am sure eliz is happy about this news too! it's great that longo is stepping up in this incident! hope you are getting your new wheels soon!
Old 11-25-04, 09:19 PM
strshooter
Rookie

Mark:

That's GREAT news... Post some pixs of your new wheels when you get them.

Norm