Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

LONGO Service Dept. damaged my wheels!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-04, 06:43 PM
strshooter
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark:

I'm truly sorry that this has happen to you too.

By the way don't let Mike Sander tell you that this hasn't happen before and that their service department knows better than to use any chemical on wheels, he was the service tech. that I deal with. You can tell him (Mike) that I will atest to the fact that they have indeed used chemical on wheels.

Additionally, I would suggest that you contact Lexus HQ so they can start a file on your claim. Mention to them that other complaints have been filed against Longo Lexus, regarding their use of chemicals on wheels. By filing your claim with Lexus HQ, they can contact Longo and put pressure on them to do the "Right Thing". It been my experience that Longo will not do the right thing, but make you sue them.

In the event, Longo takes care of the problem, you can close the claim. The Customer Satisfaction person I spoke with was Arileas Gonzoles, (310) 391-4993.

Once again, Mark I'm sorry for what happened, call me and let me know the status of your claim.

When this is over, lets go to lunch I'll buy and maybe let you drive my new car.. It's FAST>>>>>>>

Norm
Old 11-19-04, 10:40 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mark

truly sorry to hear this...

guys, basically Tommy and alsilver(from FL) gave the best and simple advice when it comes to having your ride serviced at "anywhere"...dealer or no dealer..most dealer, esp the large ones like Longo, has now gone into " mass car washing system" by buying machines with rails...they are faster for the turn around..even if the car is washed by hand, you still subject your car to dirty sponge/towel/chamois..etc...

the bottom line, as Tommy said, is NO CAR wash, if you truly baby your ride(which i think 85% of owners here do). also work with only 1-2 service tech and advisor would be your best bet, adn make sure they know your need NO wash(it is easier for them too)
keep in mind, they are ONLY human and deal with sooo many cars(and complains) on daily basis..often times countless cases...

btw, on those jdm rims, absolutely NO "chemicals/cleaners/de-greaser" should grace the surface of those rims....the harsh element would simply erode the nice clear coat finish that is almost impossoble to fix
Old 11-19-04, 11:11 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Didn't I learn my lesson this time? Yes, no more car wash at the dealership. Here is what I don't think it justified the Lexus Slogan about #1 customer service. Every time when you finish servicing your car, they place a post card for evaluation or if it is a major service, the service coordinator will contact me to ensure I am 100% satisfy. One of the question is "Is the car CLEAN"? If Lexus really cares about their customers' cars are well maintained and treated by the dealership service department, why are they steering away from providing a true all around service not only on the items we are paying for but also the complimentary cash wash. Anyways, don't know if you guys know what I am talking about. Damn, this really put a blown on my decision about getting a SC or LS from LONGO..... Any one knows if there is any family operate Lexus in So. Cal.? Anyways, beside the point, I am going over the dealer tomorrow to take some pictures of the wheels... I think it is 10x worse than Norm's car.....
Old 11-21-04, 12:10 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Okay, I went back to Longo this morning to see what they have done or tried to do to fix the damages. Well, as I stated and predicted before, those type of damages can't be reversed. On one of the picture below, you can see they actualy applied some wheel polish to try to polish the lip. This again shows their inexperience on how to treat those wheels. Anodized wheels do not require any polish work to maintain their shine. Well here are the pictures and you be the judge:

Left Rear Wheel #1:

Left Rear Wheel #2:

Left Rear Wheel #3: (with the polish application on the wheel)

Left Front Wheel #1:

Left Front Wheel#2:

Right Front Wheel:
Old 11-21-04, 11:42 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

yap...those are not you regular " non-fat milk from vons"....heavy duty industrial strength de-greaser has unfortunately graced your nice wheels lips..adn i mean real concentrated heavy duty ones..
Old 11-22-04, 08:43 AM
audphile1
Pole Position

what the hell they sprayed on the wheels man. cause if you look at the picture where you can see the rotor, the rotor has same kind of spots that the wheels have. damn this sucks...
Old 11-22-04, 09:55 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS4Will
yap...those are not you regular " non-fat milk from vons"....heavy duty industrial strength de-greaser has unfortunately graced your nice wheels lips..adn i mean real concentrated heavy duty ones..
Yeah, and I don't think I have fleet of cars that I need to clean to buy those products. I am still waiting at this point while Longo is reviewing the security tape to see if my car went in like that on Saturday morning.
Old 11-22-04, 10:14 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Even if the tape is inclusive, it's fairly easy to prove they did it by having them spray your wheel again with whatever stuff they use in the car wash. If it results in the same damage, it's pretty obvious they caused it, especially if they use a commercial formula not available to the public.
Old 11-22-04, 01:42 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

mark

my suggestion, start getting quotes on cost to replace the rims...as you know, there are no shops in the us that can repair and bring back the jdm clear coat shine....even the well established nation wide rim repair shop owners told me that
Old 11-22-04, 04:45 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS4Will
mark

my suggestion, start getting quotes on cost to replace the rims...as you know, there are no shops in the us that can repair and bring back the jdm clear coat shine....even the well established nation wide rim repair shop owners told me that
Yeah, I was told the same thing when my wife curb rush my Vs Mx two years ago. That incident prompted me to sell my rim for cheap and then got these TM1. I am getting all the invoice and custom document ready and I will get an quote from Japan for the replacement. Well, I just got a called from Longo and Mike told the security camera was down that day!! I guess now this case is going to be base on whether they will admit they mess up or they will do the same thing as to Norm. Regardless, I am going to fight until the end because I ain't got extra money to replace the wheels like other people did and I definitely don't want to pick up someone else slack.

Last edited by GSXOTIC; 11-22-04 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-22-04, 05:31 PM
strshooter
Rookie

Mark:

The damage to your wheels is very similar to that of mine. If Longo is true to form they will tell you that
they don't use chemicals on customer wheels because they know better. Their sorry that you think it happened there, but it could have happened anywhere.

The next thing, is that they will tell you that your claim has been forwarded to the President of Longo, Greg Pensky for settlement. About 2 days later, they tell you that Greg Pensky, has made the following good faith settlement offer and that he giving you a 20% discount from retail for any wheels they have in stock.

I hope your response is the same as mine.

Additionally, I know of another individual with an SC 430 that Longo damaged their wheels, I have his phone number.

Call me if you need any help or info.

Norm
Old 11-22-04, 07:57 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

mark..another idea is to get replacement quotes from large wheel retailers like superautobacs..
Old 11-22-04, 08:32 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Norm: I hope that is not the case, but so far I have yet to get any positive respond from anyone @ Longo. If it truely comes down to that, I am going to do what I have to do. And you can bet on me not returning to Longo for either service or even buying a car.

Will: Yeah, I think I will definitely do that. Thanks for reminding me.

Mark
Old 11-22-04, 09:35 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

This truly shows why I would never take my car to Longo, I have a personal mechanic do everything for me. After this gets cleared up Mark, I would say go to an independant mechanic.
Old 11-22-04, 10:48 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Is the center section also clear coated? I don't see the same splotches except dried water marks.

Wonder if any of the guys in the detail section may have some ideas what caused this on the clear coat.

Quick Reply: LONGO Service Dept. damaged my wheels!!!