Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Hybrid system ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-19, 11:55 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Hybrid system ?

Hi i hope this is ok to post this question here
i am wondering what maintance is required for the hyrid system ? is it correct that i was reading my ES300h Only requires the inveter fluid to be changed at 150k and then every 50k after that ?
is there any other maintenance for the hybrid system that would be suggested for preventive?

also the Hybrid Inverter and converter is what runs and operates the vehicle when its in EV mode correct?
now does the gas engine 2.5 4 cylinder engien that the vehicle has does that gas motor part have anything to do with the inverter or converter or is it jus tthe the engine computer is told to shut down when the EV mode is in place i guess i am a bit confused about this
and how it works.

but does the transmission and gas engine have anything to do with a hybrid EV modes?
Old 10-14-19, 01:56 PM
Lwerewolf
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts

Inverter coolant, inverter water pump when it fails (let's say >200-300k miles, probably more), transaxle oil change (ATF) at your discretion (let's say 50k miles). The batteries themselves... I wouldn't touch them while they're under warranty. Look up your car's battery cooling mechanism, maybe clean the fan filters once in awhile, keep internal temperatures reasonable. The battery is cooled by cabin air.