Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Anyone own an AC Floor Jack DK20 or DK13

Old 01-29-04, 11:15 AM
gsnav
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own an AC Floor Jack DK20 or DK13

Hey Guys,

After researching about floor jacks, i feel that i want something that'll last for years and that's well built, i've heard and seen and dealt with those cheapie $70-150 floor jacks. But after check up on the AC Hydraulics DK20 and DK13, i'm thinking of getting the DK13, although it's not terribly expensive at aroudn $400 shipped. I've read good things about it, here are some links...

ASE Store Link

Manufacture Link

GsNav
Old 01-29-04, 02:24 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are pretty nice. I would actually opt for the HLQ model. Although these jacks have low clearance, you still have to get the jack saddle to the jack points on the car. Unless you are jacking the points on sides of the car, you still need the back part of this jack to reach the other main jack points: differential at the rear and crossmember at the front.

I still have the stock rear so I can get a "regular" jack to the diff. The front is another matter. I cannot get my jack or even a low profile jack to the crossmember in the front. The HLQ model seems promising. You'll have to measure that extension to see if it will really reach the crossmember. It is a pain for me to work on the front of the car since I have to drive on some wood to raise the car to get a scissor jack in to raise the car a little more and then send the normal hydraulic jack in.

Back to the jacking of the sides, my L-Tuned skirts actually gets in the way of those points. I am not sure about your skirts. This is why I usually get either the front or the back up and then put in jack stands.

These jacks seem pretty nice. I don't have them so I can't say from personal experiences. I've been very happy with my $70 3 1/2 ton jack from CostCo. I've had it for about a year. The release is not as linear as I would like but without using a bunch of other jacks, I can't say that others are any better. I think redgs4 and RMMGS4 also have the same jack now. You know how much work RMMGS4 does so it seems to be fitting his needs as well.

Good luck.