Maintenance Discuss common Lexus maintenance questions here.

Rallye Lexus Service Department

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-04, 02:07 PM
Nept_Mica
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rallye Lexus Service Department

Has anyone dealt with Rallye Lexus (located in Glen Cove, NY) service department? I'm nearing the 1000 mile service and wanted to hear about anyones experiences.

Thanks
Old 01-13-04, 05:04 PM
ripe911
Pole Position

I think at 1000 miles all that is done is a test drive to make sure everything is in order. I would recommend that you take the car where you originally bought it from so you can address some issues (if any) that you have and speak witht he same person that sold you the car. Plus, it should be free of charge.
Old 01-14-04, 06:56 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

I get my car serviced at Rallye Lexus. They tried to give me a hard time for a second since the car was purchased at Massapequa, but since we had leased a 98 GS4 from them, they serviced the car. No hassle since then. They do good work, never blaming any aftermarket mod I have on the car for anything that I have asked them to fix. Only just this past time did I have an issue, where they punctured the leather on my door addressing an issue with my seat. The car is in the shop today getting the seat fixed and I brought it to the attention of my service advisor about what happened. We shall see what happens, but she usually takes care of me. If not, up the ladder I will go to Corporate HQ if need be. But overall I have been happy with their service.
Old 01-14-04, 10:22 AM
Nept_Mica
Rookie

We purchased our RX from Rallye but I never liked dealing with the service departments due to prior experiences with Acura. Now I know this is Lexus but having dealt with Acura techs I'm somewhat hesitant.
Here are two questions for you GS430 guy....

1) do they still offer you a loaner car? I have heard that this program is only offered by the selling dealer
2) if you have had any issues rectified, how many visit to the service department did it take?
3) have you ever waited for the car while its being serviced? is the car completed when promised?
Old 01-17-04, 11:30 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Nept_Mica
We purchased our RX from Rallye but I never liked dealing with the service departments due to prior experiences with Acura. Now I know this is Lexus but having dealt with Acura techs I'm somewhat hesitant.
Here are two questions for you GS430 guy....

1) do they still offer you a loaner car? I have heard that this program is only offered by the selling dealer
2) if you have had any issues rectified, how many visit to the service department did it take?
3) have you ever waited for the car while its being serviced? is the car completed when promised?
1) I still get a loaner car, but you have to schedule in advance, basically reserve a loaner car.

2) Took one visit for them to take care of the leather they punctured as well as fix my seat. I am on my second visit with respect to fixing a rattle in my moonroof shade, a new one is being ordered. Hopefully that fixes the problem. With respect to my headlight being higher on the driver side, apparently the body shop never fixed the front bumper 100% and I have to take it to the body shop to get fixed. I was told this after the second visit. All of the above was done at no cost to me though, covered under warranty. The body shop may be another story.

3) I waited once, when I got an oil change, took about an hour or so. I tell them no wash, all teh time, speeds the process up bigtime.

I hope the answers above have helped you. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that need more detail.
Old 01-26-04, 07:46 AM
Nept_Mica
Rookie

Cool

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll let you know how things turn out if and when I schedule an appointment @ Rallye.
Old 02-04-05, 11:58 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nept_Mica
Has anyone dealt with Rallye Lexus (located in Glen Cove, NY) service department? I'm nearing the 1000 mile service and wanted to hear about anyones experiences.

Thanks
!expensive! be prepared to shell out 90 buck per hour for labor. I recommend BayRidge lexus or lexus of Rockville center. The are good and you get good loaners.
Old 02-04-05, 03:14 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

1000 Mile service is free.
Old 02-04-05, 05:50 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

try Lexus Of Rockville. thats where i take my car.. great service there
Old 02-12-05, 09:34 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
!expensive! be prepared to shell out 90 buck per hour for labor. I recommend BayRidge lexus or lexus of Rockville center. The are good and you get good loaners.
Aren't they all about that much for labor?

Even at the Toyota dealership, they charge $95-98 per hour (Prestige Toyota, Rockland Toyota). At the Lexus dealer, it's $95 per hour at Prestige Lexus and $92 at Lexus of Englewood.

I think they're hesitant to cross over the $100 mark, since most customers would probably freak if they saw three digits for labor.

-Brian.
Old 02-14-05, 11:33 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nept_Mica

Thanks
Rallye Lexus service sucks!

I was a New Yorker and bought my 2002 RX300 from that dealership. I noticed that the RX had serious alignment problem so I brought it in. They claimed that the left two tires had low pressure (BS!) that caused the problem. I almost had to make them do it at gunpoint. They reluctantly put the RX on the alignment machine and fixed it.

I also bought touch-up paint from the parts dept. during that visit. The guy behind the counter seemed not interested in making a sale, like I was bothering him.

They also overfilled motor oil by about half a quart at my 5,000-mile service. Again had to play hard ball to make them take some oil out. That was my last visit to Rallye Lexus.

To be fair, the sales experience at Rallye was pleasant. Joe Savino was alright.

Last edited by HarrierAWD; 02-14-05 at 11:45 PM.