LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Potiential LX 570 owner questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-14, 10:02 AM
grsams
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Potiential LX 570 owner questions

Currently I am looking at a 2009 LX 570. The vechile appears to be in great condition (as I await to drive it) and from all of the reviews I have read, Lexus is the way to go for dependability. I need an SUV as I have 4 kids and making our way around town and such in a full size car is becoming more troublesome as they get older (2 still in diapers). I have driven numerous SUVs and have yet to be really blown away (i.e. 2014 Tahoe, 2014 Suburban,2014 Denali.). I have owned numerous luxury cars in the past and and have found my best experiences have came from MB (E350, C300) and BMW (535i, X5, 325i). I am bit of a perfectionist and HATE to hear rattling of plastic when I am driving. To me, it screams lesser quality/workmanship. I have never owned a Lexus. I came across a 2009 LX 570 with 95K miles. This person is the second owner and she states that she purchased it as a CPO nearly 5 years ago. No accidents, and routine maintence. Her asking price is $30K. My main concern is the milage. I have never purchased a vechile with this many miles, much less owned one long enough to see this many miles. I do like the 3rd row seating as it would be highly utilized. I do wonder how easily accessible it would be for a 5 year old to climb in and out of. Come to think about it, it appears that I would have to put one of the car seats on the third row in order to allow the 2nd row seat to fold, which creates another hardship on daddy (me) to buckle my daughter in while sitting in the very back. These are the only issues that I have thought of. Please aid me in making a soild educated decision regarding this vehicle. I surely missed the boat when I purchsed a Hyundai Genesis. Thank you for your assistance.
Old 12-31-14, 10:45 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Even a 2009 LX570 with 90K miles can be a solid vehicle. A big plus is that the owne had all the service done.

BUT, before I purchased, I would have Lexus take a look at it and see what needs to be done now and in the future. It might cost a few hundred bucks but . . . .
Old 12-31-14, 11:42 AM
grsams
Driver

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Even a 2009 LX570 with 90K miles can be a solid vehicle. A big plus is that the owne had all the service done.

BUT, before I purchased, I would have Lexus take a look at it and see what needs to be done now and in the future. It might cost a few hundred bucks but . . . .
Thanks. How many miles is considered "a lot" for this particular model? I understand that there are things such as if proper maintenance was completed, how it was driven, towing, etc, but as a estimate, how many miles could one look to get from such. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-31-14, 11:52 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by grsams
Thanks. How many miles is considered "a lot" for this particular model? I understand that there are things such as if proper maintenance was completed, how it was driven, towing, etc, but as a estimate, how many miles could one look to get from such. Thanks in advance.
If the proper maint has been done from the beginning the motor could/should go 200K. My worries would be other drive train componets. Lexus service manager should be able to give you some idea of the existing condition and also what to expect in the miles to come. If it was serviced by LExus they should be able to give you a detailed maint loig so f what was done and when.

Hope some other members will step in here and give their opinion.
Old 12-31-14, 12:03 PM
grsams
Driver

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
If the proper maint has been done from the beginning the motor could/should go 200K. My worries would be other drive train componets. Lexus service manager should be able to give you some idea of the existing condition and also what to expect in the miles to come. If it was serviced by LExus they should be able to give you a detailed maint loig so f what was done and when.

Hope some other members will step in here and give their opinion.
Yeah that is going to be a hard one. We do not have a local Lexus dealership here and the nearest is over an hour away. For this person to allow me to take it in before signing it over will be questionable which makes perfect sense. Guess I could include a clause in the BOS. I have some room to wiggle if there is some work needed in the near future, however if we are talking major (~2K) then it may be a game changer.
Old 12-31-14, 02:49 PM
frugger
Driver School Candidate

Go to the Lexus Owner website (https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/my-lexus/home.do) and create a new account. Add the VIN number of the LX570 under service history and you can see the entire service history of the vehicle if it was serviced at either a Lexus or Toyota dealer.
Old 12-31-14, 02:54 PM
grsams
Driver

Originally Posted by frugger
Go to the Lexus Owner website (https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do) and create a new account. Add the VIN number of the LX570 under service history and you can see the entire service history of the vehicle if it was serviced at either a Lexus or Toyota dealer.
Thank you for the information. The more I read on this site and look at others rides, the more excited and "antsy" I am getting. Almost thinking of going 2014ish, but the price tag nearly knocks the wind outta my sails. Nonetheless, thanks for the info and I welcome any additional comments.
Old 01-01-15, 03:35 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Thank you for the information. The more I read on this site and look at others rides, the more excited and "antsy" I am getting. Almost thinking of going 2014ish, but the price tag nearly knocks the wind outta my sails. Nonetheless, thanks for the info and I welcome any additional comments.
LX resale values stay relativity high in comparison. What ever you decide, this place is great for support and information.

Best of luck.
Old 01-01-15, 11:21 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

The 200 series LX is built to go well over 500k miles in third world country's. If it's been maintained and has a clean Carfax you will get tired of driving it before you can wear it out. Owner should be able to show you most of the maintainace records if maintained by Lexus you can look it up. Get the info you can have it checked out by a competent mechanic and you should be good to go. Go to www.ih8mud.com and ask question on the 200 series forum. The experts are on that forum.
Old 01-01-15, 02:19 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

While I could comment on the vehicle itself, I don't have anything significant to add beyond what the fine folks here have already said. So, I'll focus on the "packaging"/practicality aspects of carrying kids, since I have two little monkeys in car seats myself, and they travel in our family truckster, the LX.

Can you please elaborate on the number of car seats? Is it two or three? How many convertibles and infant carriers? Booster? I may have a whole bunch of suggestions and could take measurements in the garage, etc.
Old 01-01-15, 02:22 PM
grsams
Driver

Originally Posted by Max707
The 200 series LX is built to go well over 500k miles in third world country's. If it's been maintained and has a clean Carfax you will get tired of driving it before you can wear it out. Owner should be able to show you most of the maintainace records if maintained by Lexus you can look it up. Get the info you can have it checked out by a competent mechanic and you should be good to go. Go to www.ih8mud.com and ask question on the 200 series forum. The experts are on that forum.
Much appreciated. Will check the site out.
Old 01-01-15, 08:00 PM
HuskerTX
Driver School Candidate

We have had numerous Lexus vehicles and have found that the odometer is really only a reminder of when to change the fluids and rotate the tires - it is no indication as to the remaining useful life of the vehicle - which is as close to "forever" as there is.
Old 01-02-15, 07:51 AM
grsams
Driver

Originally Posted by caha14
While I could comment on the vehicle itself, I don't have anything significant to add beyond what the fine folks here have already said. So, I'll focus on the "packaging"/practicality aspects of carrying kids, since I have two little monkeys in car seats myself, and they travel in our family truckster, the LX.

Can you please elaborate on the number of car seats? Is it two or three? How many convertibles and infant carriers? Booster? I may have a whole bunch of suggestions and could take measurements in the garage, etc.
Two car seats. One will be in a booster in about 3 months, however he is in a conversion now. The youngest is in a toddler front facing. I have one that is old enough for the seat belt alone. Oh, and let me mention, they seem to all refuse to get along while I am driving, regardless of my bribes.
Old 01-02-15, 09:51 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Two car seats. One will be in a booster in about 3 months, however he is in a conversion now. The youngest is in a toddler front facing. I have one that is old enough for the seat belt alone. Oh, and let me mention, they seem to all refuse to get along while I am driving, regardless of my bribes.
I think in 2014 Lexus went with 2 rear DVD's if it's worth that additional money to distract them
Old 01-02-15, 12:45 PM
grsams
Driver

I think in 2014 Lexus went with 2 rear DVD's if it's worth that additional money to distract them
For the price difference, I can purchase another iPad

Quick Reply: Potiential LX 570 owner questions