LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2015 LX power cargo door question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-15, 07:14 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

I am in communication via email with a very helpful gentleman at Carista (the folks who make the Android app and iPhone beta app for diagnostics and customizations).

I described this issue/question in detail and also downloaded and sent them an entire "debug report" (loaded right from the LX's computer via the OBD2 port) to help them figure out what the deal is.

As I mentioned in earlier posts, they do not necessarily offer every single option right off the bat, rather focusing on the "essentials" and adding more options as they update the phone app. We are trying to figure out where this particular option might exist, since it is not listed in the current version for the LX.

Last edited by caha14; 02-26-15 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-27-15, 02:00 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by caha14
I am in communication via email with a very helpful gentleman at Carista (the folks who make the Android app and iPhone beta app for diagnostics and customizations).

I described this issue/question in detail and also downloaded and sent them an entire "debug report" (loaded right from the LX's computer via the OBD2 port) to help them figure out what the deal is.

As I mentioned in earlier posts, they do not necessarily offer every single option right off the bat, rather focusing on the "essentials" and adding more options as they update the phone app. We are trying to figure out where this particular option might exist, since it is not listed in the current version for the LX.
More important is WHY did Lexus remove the option. It was there and now it is not. Lexus must have had a reason.
Old 04-04-15, 04:01 PM
drich2905
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just thought I would make an observation comment about the power door issue. I know we were all disappointed that the LX no longer has that function from outside the vehicle other than the fob.

My wife and I drove her RX 350 to our lake house this weekend and after using her lift gate function with the button above the license plate I came to realize that if my LX had the same function I would rarely if ever use it.

Why? After one presses the rubber button and the switch initializes it really takes a few seconds for the gate to get high enough to put something in the vehicle. I thought that in the LX only having to open the top half of the cargo door I would have already opened the LX manually and walked away before the RX door was all the way up.

So, for me, now I am ok that we couldn't get that function--

Just my opinion.
Old 04-04-15, 08:39 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by drich2905
Just thought I would make an observation comment about the power door issue. I know we were all disappointed that the LX no longer has that function from outside the vehicle other than the fob.

My wife and I drove her RX 350 to our lake house this weekend and after using her lift gate function with the button above the license plate I came to realize that if my LX had the same function I would rarely if ever use it.

Why? After one presses the rubber button and the switch initializes it really takes a few seconds for the gate to get high enough to put something in the vehicle. I thought that in the LX only having to open the top half of the cargo door I would have already opened the LX manually and walked away before the RX door was all the way up.

So, for me, now I am ok that we couldn't get that function--

Just my opinion.
Agree, the auto close is good because I am walking away. The key fob is good because I am walking toward it. But once I am there really don't need help lifting the hatch. Hell I don't need any of it to be electric, just something complex to go wrong. My LX470 works just great manually.
Old 04-05-15, 07:08 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

I would like mine to open by pushing the button above the tag like my other LX units.

Mine just got it's 5K at the Lexus dealer and I requested they change the settings to allow mine to open when pushing the soft button above th tag. They said they would but when I picked it up it did not work.

I asked for the service manager and he at first tried to tell me that none of the LX units did this, ever. I did not agree so he went back in his office to make a phone call to Lexus and confirm. He came back in about 10 minutes to inform me that I was right and that previous LX units DID raise with a touch of the button.

He also confirmed that the option had been removed in one of their updates. He could not say why but he confirmed that Lexus/Toyota deliberately removed the option. He best guess was for safety concerns. I can't see any safety concerns but you know the insurance companies and lawyers these days . . . . Any way my hopes are over to this option and I can and will live without it.

Still loving my LX. Only took a little over 30 minutes for the 5K and the pastries and coffee were excellent !