LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2015 LX power cargo door question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-14, 01:34 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts
Default 2015 LX power cargo door question

I am pretty sure on my previous LX units that when I push the soft rubber release above the tag, my back cargo door would rise by itself. My 2015 LX requires that I lift the door. Is this right or has it changed or am I imagining things.

Thanks.
Old 12-26-14, 05:29 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This is a guess as our last LX was a 2004. The lift gate was spring loaded so pressing the release caused it to rise from the spring pressure. Otherwise, what would hold it open?

Newer versions of the LX have a motorized lift gate that lifts the gate with an electric motor, which obviates the need for a mechanical release. To raise the lift gate you must activate the motor.
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 12-27-14, 02:13 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

When I push the release the door just opens slightly. I thought on my past LX units, when you pushed the release button, the door automatically released and powered to the open position. Not a big deal, I can use the Fob to do the same.

There are times when your hands are full and a quick squeeze of the release and the door would open for you is a nice feature. Again my imagination of that happening before might be wrong.
Old 12-27-14, 08:05 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Same with mine. You can push button on key fob. Also I think there is another button on the rear hatch? Check the manual, let us know what you find.
Old 12-27-14, 08:32 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Max707
Same with mine. You can push button on key fob. Also I think there is another button on the rear hatch? Check the manual, let us know what you find.
There is the release and lock button and that is it. I will check the manual. Thanks
Old 12-27-14, 01:12 PM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe this is an option they can turn on at the dealer with the Techstream computer.
Old 12-28-14, 03:09 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2GSKaizen
I believe this is an option they can turn on at the dealer with the Techstream computer.
Thanks. I will see if it can get them to change it at the 5K if it is there.

Happy Nwe Year to everyone.
Old 12-28-14, 09:32 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Thanks. I will see if it can get them to change it at the 5K if it is there.

Happy Nwe Year to everyone.
Hi Greg,

This is an interesting observation. On every recent RX loaner I've had, I've noticed that pushing the soft rubber button on the liftgate is, as you point out, equivalent to activating the power open from the key fob. Needless to say, I have not been thrilled about the LX not doing the same (and I won't get into the lack of BSM or other "extras", relative to the RX , but I digress... I guess we still get the additional 2.2L in displacement)

It would be interesting to see if this is a Techstream-enabled feature, especially since you recall your previous LXs behaving differently. The factors that makes me doubt that this is an "optional" function are that (1) from 2010 onward, most of these settings are available through the Nav, and I see nothing to this effect in our LX and that (2) on the RX, you can enable/disable this by pushing on the button once/twice every time you open the liftgate, as if it is - in essence - the standard mode.

Please keep us posted and happy New Year to you!
Old 12-29-14, 11:53 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

There is an RX thread where people are noticed the exact same thing I have noticed on my LX.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...runk-door.html
Old 12-29-14, 02:02 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
There is an RX thread where people are noticed the exact same thing I have noticed on my LX.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...runk-door.html
Very interesting. It would definitely be a pleasant surprise to learn that you can program this on the LX. This feature has been consistently "on" on every post-refresh RX loaner I've had, hence my impression that it was just an update. I hope that this is available on the LX, but unfortunately wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.
Old 12-31-14, 04:13 AM
drich2905
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what the customization guide says. What does 'operation signal' mean. As the chart indicates this one can only be changed by the dealer, so could this allow the button above the license plate to work? and it being in the 'off' mode by default.

What is the point in having a button under the lip of the door anyway unless it works?

Sorry, just thinking out loud
Old 12-31-14, 04:35 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by drich2905

This is what the customization guide says. What does 'operation signal' mean. As the chart indicates this one can only be changed by the dealer, so could this allow the button above the license plate to work? and it being in the 'off' mode by default.

What is the point in having a button under the lip of the door anyway unless it works?

Sorry, just thinking out loud
The way it is set from the factory, the lager button only uinlocks the door so the user can open it manually. There is also a small button to the right than will lock not only the rear door but all doors just like on all the door handles.

I will be talking to my service department at the 5K to see if they can program the door.
Old 12-31-14, 05:54 AM
drich2905
Driver

thanks Greg. I will be up for my 5K the end of January but I am OCD and can't wait till then so I have texted the new car manager to ask him to check on the query for this thread.

If I find out anything concrete I will repost.

Happy New Year
Old 12-31-14, 05:59 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by drich2905
thanks Greg. I will be up for my 5K the end of January but I am OCD and can't wait till then so I have texted the new car manager to ask him to check on the query for this thread.

Happy New Year
PLEASE do, I would be interested to know. Only have 980 miles on my new baby but am loving it!
Old 12-31-14, 06:18 AM
drich2905
Driver

Happy New Year

Quick Reply: 2015 LX power cargo door question