LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

WeatherTec cargo liner for 2015

Old 02-08-15, 01:50 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 494 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by galion
Just installed this in my 2015, Weathertech p/n 40356.
Weathertech does not list the LX in their fitment catalogue because of the third row motors bulging under the seats. This mats are designed for the manually operated third row seats found in the Land Cruiser 200.
Said that, I think they still fit great and their quality is far better than the flimsy OE mats.
Agreed!

Mine arrived on Friday and the new liner fits perfectly in my 2015 LX. I could not be more happy as you posted images, saving me the trouble.

Thanks Sir.
Old 02-08-15, 05:40 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Just installed this in my 2015, Weathertech p/n 40356.
Weathertech does not list the LX in their fitment catalogue because of the third row motors bulging under the seats. This mats are designed for the manually operated third row seats found in the Land Cruiser 200.
Said that, I think they still fit great and their quality is far better than the flimsy OE mats.
Aren't these plastic? I know they have a slick finish and things slide around on them? How if you want stuff to slide then these are great. OEM are thick real rubber so things don't slide. I've had both I like the quality of the Lexus OEM and the fact that stuff does not slide. Good to have choices.
Old 02-09-15, 02:04 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Max707
Aren't these plastic? I know they have a slick finish and things slide around on them? How if you want stuff to slide then these are great. OEM are thick real rubber so things don't slide. I've had both I like the quality of the Lexus OEM and the fact that stuff does not slide. Good to have choices.
It is a personal preference thing as the OEM would not allow ANY sliding and the WeatherTech do. Not to the point they are slippery. The OEM unit offered less protection for spills I thought.

We agree that it is good to have choices.
Old 02-09-15, 11:50 AM
galion
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definetely a matter of personal preference.
Yes, Weathertecs are made of some kind of polymer but they still have a rubbery feel to me.
Anyway I always use my cargo net and hammock style net, you dont want to have an accident without securing your stuff, it can really save your life.
Old 02-09-15, 12:33 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Definetely a matter of personal preference.
Yes, Weathertecs are made of some kind of polymer but they still have a rubbery feel to me.
Anyway I always use my cargo net and hammock style net, you dont want to have an accident without securing your stuff, it can really save your life.
The problem is that alot of the stuff we toss in the back of our SUV would not be stopped by the net if I were to hit something. The net would complicate the surgery.

All joking aside. Securing your items can save your life but I question the net being useful.
Old 02-16-15, 05:29 AM
tkbalt
Driver

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Agreed!

Mine arrived on Friday and the new liner fits perfectly in my 2015 LX. I could not be more happy as you posted images, saving me the trouble.

Thanks Sir.
Did you have to call them to get them to order. I have the heavy rubber OEM mat from my 2009 that I can move to the 2015 - but the OEM mat makes it hard to s hard to move things around on it. I would prefer the weathertec. Did you just call them or order one for a Land Cruser?
Old 02-16-15, 08:49 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tkbalt
Did you have to call them to get them to order. I have the heavy rubber OEM mat from my 2009 that I can move to the 2015 - but the OEM mat makes it hard to s hard to move things around on it. I would prefer the weathertec. Did you just call them or order one for a Land Cruser?
I also bought the OEM and it was impossible to use due to the same reason, nothing would slide and loading and unloading requires a little less friction.

I tossed the OEM and bought the LX570 WeatherTech unit and it fits just fine. I orderd it over the internet on their website. Just ignore the power seat statement. Now I can slide stuff in and otu with ease. They only make one model that fits bot the Landcrusier and the LX.
Old 02-19-15, 10:55 AM
tkbalt
Driver

Thanks - Just ordered the cargo liner today. Now waiting on the LX to arrive....
Old 02-19-15, 10:57 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Thanks - Just ordered the cargo liner today. Now waiting on the LX to arrive....
You sound like me. I remember the excitement the day before my 2015 LX was picked up!

She is great hardware for sure!

ENJOY!
Old 03-29-15, 07:51 AM
tkbalt
Driver

The Weathertec cargo mat fit perfectly. in our 2015 LX
Old 03-30-15, 01:31 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

The Weathertec cargo mat fit perfectly. in our 2015 LX
Mine too. Waste the money on the OEM which I hated. All is good now and could not be more happy with the weathertec.
Old 03-30-15, 10:30 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

In the future when someone does a search to compare the OEM and weather tech, the differences are OEM heavy real rubber stuff does not slide around. Weather tech rubber/plastic type material high quality like the OEM but stuff will slide around. I like the OEM quality look and feel and the fact when I place stuff, it does not slide around as I drive. Others like the fact that you can slide items easily on the weather tech mats. Buy what works for you.
Old 03-30-15, 12:47 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Not sure if you have seen these but I use to large plastic tubs that when side by side cover most of the rear cargo area. You can find them in the construction area at Home Depot. People use the large black tubs for hand mixing with a shovel, concrete. They work perfectly for the rear cargo are to put stuff in and keep it from moving around in the cargo area. Plus you could spill gallons of liquid and keep the cargo area perfectly dry.

When not using both tubs, I drop one inside another and still have half the cargo area open. If I need to whole cargo area the tubs fit in the 2nd row. These tubs are my best method for everyday use in the LX.
Old 03-30-15, 03:39 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Not sure if you have seen these but I use to large plastic tubs that when side by side cover most of the rear cargo area. You can find them in the construction area at Home Depot. People use the large black tubs for hand mixing with a shovel, concrete. They work perfectly for the rear cargo are to put stuff in and keep it from moving around in the cargo area. Plus you could spill gallons of liquid and keep the cargo area perfectly dry.

When not using both tubs, I drop one inside another and still have half the cargo area open. If I need to whole cargo area the tubs fit in the 2nd row. These tubs are my best method for everyday use in the LX.
Great solution, I hated having to crawl around in the back trying to get stuff. That's why I love the rubber OEM ones.
Old 03-31-15, 02:02 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Great solution, I hated having to crawl around in the back trying to get stuff. That's why I love the rubber OEM ones.
Choice is always good.

Have a good week.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WeatherTec cargo liner for 2015