LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

WeatherTec cargo liner for 2015

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-15, 06:09 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
My OEM mat arrived a few days ago and it does not cover the area just behind the 2nd row.

I hope Weather Tech steps up and make the proper cargo mat for my 2015 LX soon as I am not real happy with the OEM unit.
Call them back and have them send you the other piece.
Old 01-10-15, 08:43 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Max707
Call them back and have them send you the other piece.
I would but I am not too crazy about the Lexus pad after using it a week of two. It is so "nonskid" that it is hard to load items by sliding. Wish the weathertec unit was available. I might get it anyway and cut it if it does not fit.
Old 01-10-15, 05:03 PM
grsams
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know. I was thinking about OEM as they are the same texture and heaviness that I have had in my X5. I have had Weather Tec in everything else. Looking at the pics, I have to also say I like the way the Weather Tec has the small lip to keep spills from getting in the cracks as all of my previous mats have been the same design. After reading, I will go with the Weather Tec. Anyone have a online promo BTW?
Old 01-10-15, 06:49 PM
drich2905
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I replaced the Weathertech mat in my LX470 with the Lloyd's rubbertite mat. When I got the LX570 I put the Lloyd's mat from the 470 in the vehicle. I think it would work for the 570 of you got the vehicle specific mat. Mine doesn't fit great since it is for the 470 but it's still good protection. You have to let it air out for 3-4 days before installing and it doesn't have a lip like the Weathertech but it is very heavy duty. If anyone is interested I can take some pics even though mine is not car specific. I think I got it from Autoanything.
Old 01-31-15, 05:22 PM
jrz0924
Driver School Candidate

Red face

My OEM mat arrived a few days ago and it does not cover the area just behind the 2nd row.

I hope Weather Tech steps up and make the proper cargo mat for my 2015 LX soon as I am not real happy with the OEM unit.
I just picked up my LX that comes with all weather floor mats as an option. It did came with the missing piece you are talking about. Therefore if you order a OEM all weather floor mats it will be included.
Old 01-31-15, 05:25 PM
jrz0924
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trungerton
I wish I would have seen the Lexus OEM one...it seems more "rugged" (and reminds me of something I had in my VW Touareg previously).

Only thing with WeatherTec - you have to cut out your own openings (to fold down the seats, etc).

I just posted a separate thread asking for advice on 15k service, so any thoughts there would be appreciated also

You can see where you have to cut it (or slit it) to expose the metal ring loop.

Pulled the junk out to show it. It does cover in between 2nd and 3rd row. We don't use our 3rd row much....yet. (only 1 little monkey currently).
Hi. base on your picture it looks like the weather tech does fit even their website says no?
Old 01-31-15, 08:00 PM
trungerton
Driver School Candidate

Default the WeatherTech works in our vehicle just fine!

And I actually cut out those holes for where the 3rd seat hooks into the floor. If you never plan to use the seat, you could leave it uncut, I suppose. We're happy with our set of WeatherTech!
Old 02-01-15, 07:02 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

And I actually cut out those holes for where the 3rd seat hooks into the floor. If you never plan to use the seat, you could leave it uncut, I suppose. We're happy with our set of WeatherTech!
Originally Posted by jrz0924
Hi. base on your picture it looks like the weather tech does fit even their website says no?
These images look like my 2015 LX. What year LX is this in the images. I would love to get the weather tech liner for my cargo area but they insist it will not fit.
Old 02-01-15, 09:57 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

These images look like my 2015 LX. What year LX is this in the images. I would love to get the weather tech liner for my cargo area but they insist it will not fit.
Have never read any changes from 2008-2015 with interior demensions.
Old 02-01-15, 10:41 AM
trungerton
Driver School Candidate

Ours is a 2014. Shouldn't be any changes from 2008 - 2015
Old 02-02-15, 01:38 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

That is it. I am ordering the Weathertech cargo liner today. Will post images when it arrives and let Weathertech know they know not what they are talking about. I called these people and they insisted if I had the power third row this liner would not fit. I told him that every LX has ALWAYS had power seats. He threatened that I would have to pay return shipping.
Old 02-02-15, 05:58 AM
jrz0924
Driver School Candidate

That is it. I am ordering the Weathertech cargo liner today. Will post images when it arrives and let Weathertech know they know not what they are talking about. I called these people and they insisted if I had the power third row this liner would not fit. I told him that every LX has ALWAYS had power seats. He threatened that I would have to pay return shipping.
That's what they told me as well. Ended ordering the Lexus OEM. Which is a two piece. Don't really like it but keep us updated if yours fit no problem ill get one as well.
thanks
Old 02-02-15, 06:48 AM
trungerton
Driver School Candidate

Hi -- didn't you originaly order the Lexus OEM? Did you not like it? Or was it the being a 2-piece that you didn't love about it?

I'm not sure why WeatherTech seems to think it won't fit. It has NO issues in ours (as noted in the pictures. If you never plan to use the 3rd row, you can even NOT cut out the openings for the seat latches/anchors (when they're lowered, as shown in my pics).

Either way, we're happy with it. We have those liners throughout the vehicle. With the Tan Interior, it was the best color match/compliment.
Old 02-02-15, 08:37 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Hi -- didn't you originaly order the Lexus OEM? Did you not like it? Or was it the being a 2-piece that you didn't love about it?

I'm not sure why WeatherTech seems to think it won't fit. It has NO issues in ours (as noted in the pictures. If you never plan to use the 3rd row, you can even NOT cut out the openings for the seat latches/anchors (when they're lowered, as shown in my pics).

Either way, we're happy with it. We have those liners throughout the vehicle. With the Tan Interior, it was the best color match/compliment.
I did order and got the OEM and I hate it. It is so "grippy" you can not slide stuff in and out of the cargo area. I cut it up and use the OEM on my large Toro diesel mower! LOL!

I have ordered the WeatherTech unit, even though the jerk who works there argued with me. This is my 4th LX and now my 4th Weather Tech cargo liner.
Old 02-08-15, 01:17 PM
galion
Driver School Candidate

Just installed this in my 2015, Weathertech p/n 40356.
Weathertech does not list the LX in their fitment catalogue because of the third row motors bulging under the seats. This mats are designed for the manually operated third row seats found in the Land Cruiser 200.
Said that, I think they still fit great and their quality is far better than the flimsy OE mats.
Attached Thumbnails WeatherTec cargo liner for 2015-image.jpg  

Last edited by galion; 02-08-15 at 01:40 PM.

Quick Reply: WeatherTec cargo liner for 2015