LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

New 2014 LX570 in Memphis

Old 03-16-14, 08:19 AM
ImAllIynn
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New 2014 LX570 in Memphis

Hello gang,

I just bought my first Lexus, an LX570 and wanted to introduce myself and say hello! I used the forum quite a bit in my research process and appreciate your input. I drive a lot of miles with my job and have been driving Tahoes / Yukons for years and decided it was time for something a little nicer.

I looked at all the usual suspects in the luxury, full-size SUV market (QX80, Range Rover, GL550) and while all of them have unique features that I liked, in the end the Lexus was an easy choice. Maybe as much as anything, my affinity for the Land Cruiser proved too difficult for the others to overcome.

I bought it from Hennessy in Atlanta. I really wanted to buy from my local dealer, but they were $5,500 higher and would not match the price. In fact, I even offered to pay a little more, but they were firm. Not sure I understand that business philosophy, but oh well. Mine is Starfire Pearl on tan and fully loaded. For those interested, my pricing was:

MSRP $91,315.00
Sale Price $82,711.00
5 yr / 125,000 Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty with $0 deductible $2,665.00
Full 3M vinyl frontal wrap (hood, fenders, bumper and back of outside mirrors) $850.00
Lexus Remote Start $639.00
Doc Fee $589.00 (total BS)

And they delivered it to my house free of charge, which is worth $700 - 800 to me. Overall, I'm really happy with the deal and would recommend Hennessy to everybody. Good folks!

I'm a genuine gear-head and hope to contribute to the board as I get to know my car better. So far, it's exceeded all my expectations. I know these treads are useless without a picture, so here's the only one I have so far. More to follow as the weather cooperates.

My wife's daily driver is a 2012 CTS-V Wagon. It's been massaged for an extra 140 HP or so and now puts out 565 RWHP. With the automatic robbing tons of power, we're estimating 680 - 690 at the crank. Yes, it will haul the mail!

Our fair weather toy is a 2013 911 S, PDK, and fairly loaded, although the Porsche options list is truly mind-boggling. Great driving car.

See you boys and girls on the road!

Steve
Piperton, TN
Old 03-16-14, 01:38 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

my favorite color! what interior color did you get?
Old 03-16-14, 01:53 PM
triplenet2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice .... I have a 2014 LX570 with an Aston Martin to play with on the weekends .....

Its good to have toys...... BTW - Love the Wagon - Very cool ... Any chance you could post a few interior shots....

Last edited by triplenet2; 03-16-14 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-16-14, 02:01 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for sharing ... especially the pictures. We'll be in the market for an LX at the next model change ... whenever that will be. We owned six of them, but 'downsized' to an RX400h and then a GX460 after our last move to a one-car townhouse. We'll be moving in a year or so to a place with a bigger garage with room for an LX.

As our last (6th) LX was a 470 I can't comment on the 570 generation, but would expect them to be the best luxury full-size SUV, which your research confirmed and which your decision demonstrated. From your driving description, you will be an excellent evaluator as it sounds like your LX will have to work for a living ... just like you. Cars like your 911 are fun when the weather is fine, but your LX should get you where you are going regardless of the weather. In addition, I would expect your LX to be supremely reliable ... ours were and our current GX460 has been the most reliable car we've ever owned.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to keep this forum updated on your LX experience ... enjoy!
Regards,

SaniDel

P.S. My first impression of your pictures was that they were staged either at your house or at a resort as the ramada seemed so grand. On second look ... it's a gas station, right? That's some gas station, but your LX570 will fit right in!

Last edited by SaniDel; 03-16-14 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Added comment about venue for staging these photographs
Old 03-16-14, 02:43 PM
Brooks2IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Amazing tastes in vehicles. I'm glad to hear you had good experience w/ Hennessy-- did you deal with the Atlanta or Gwinnett location?
Old 03-16-14, 02:55 PM
ImAllIynn
Rookie

Default Guts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
my favorite color! what interior color did you get?
Tan interior.
Old 03-16-14, 02:58 PM
ImAllIynn
Rookie

Default Cts

Originally Posted by triplenet2
Nice .... I have a 2014 LX570 with an Aston Martin to play with on the weekends .....

Its good to have toys...... BTW - Love the Wagon - Very cool ... Any chance you could post a few interior shots....

Love the AM, maybe one day! I don't have any shots of the CTS interior and its raining pretty good here. I'll post some soon.
Old 03-16-14, 03:01 PM
ImAllIynn
Rookie

Default Fill'er up please

Originally Posted by SaniDel
P.S. My first impression of your pictures was that they were staged either at your house or at a resort as the ramada seemed so grand. On second look ... it's a gas station, right? That's some gas station, but your LX570 will fit right in!
It's an old gas station in the Collierville town square, a couple of miles from my house. Cool site for pictures.
Old 03-16-14, 03:03 PM
ImAllIynn
Rookie

Default Atl

Originally Posted by Brooks2IS
Congrats! Amazing tastes in vehicles. I'm glad to hear you had good experience w/ Hennessy-- did you deal with the Atlanta or Gwinnett location?
Atlanta, although the entire transaction was over phone and email. We signed all docs at my house at delivery.
Old 03-16-14, 06:15 PM
Brooks2IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ImAllIynn
Atlanta, although the entire transaction was over phone and email. We signed all docs at my house at delivery.
Can't get more convenient than that
I'll pass along your raves next time I'm at lunch with Mr. Hennessy, they're great people
Old 03-17-14, 12:01 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

really ashamed local dealers are too greedy and cant accept reasonable offers. I refuse to offer over 500 over invoice on any new car, and thats quite generous imho given the holdback and TDA the dealer receive. LX i am sure is hard to negotiate and most dealers look for msrp from what ive seen on that. Did you check ebay? I saw a few Lxs 2014 for sale that are reasonable.

So you had to buy in GA from TN. How did they transport, auto carrier? nice of them to do that
Old 03-18-14, 07:18 PM
cbnat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, just two months ago Hennessy wouldn't go 10% off for me so I bought from Nalley. I guess maybe who you deal with is more important than where.

Last edited by cbnat; 10-12-15 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-18-14, 07:32 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Can you tell me who was a person you bought it from? If they can give me the same deal, i would get the LX instead. Thanks
Old 03-21-14, 03:16 PM
ImAllIynn
Rookie

Default Hennessy

Originally Posted by ohiois350
Can you tell me who was a person you bought it from? If they can give me the same deal, i would get the LX instead. Thanks
Eric & Jay.
Old 03-24-14, 06:44 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ImAllIynn
Eric & Jay.
Thanks, just wonder how much they discounted you for? The number they gave me not as near as you have? Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2014 LX570 in Memphis