LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Driver seat bolster and side mirror questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-14, 11:14 AM
Vi-Tuyen
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver seat bolster and side mirror questions.

I own my LX570 for almost 15 months now. I notice that the bolster on the driver seat has cracks not creases. and the Parchment Leather is loosing its color. the nice color is gone and now it see the dark brown leather underneath. I will post some pictures when I get my car back.
Anyone has the same problem?

Also my Lx570 in service today for the passenger side mirror. I got the side mirror replacement from Lexus about 2 months ago. I notice that the passenger side mirror is opening or folding at different length compare to the driver side. it seem like it's open out shorter than the driver side. They both start opening and folding at the same time but the passenger side is stop too early compare to the driver side. on the passenger side, i try to adjust the mirror for the blind spot, I have to move it all the way out to the point it hits the plastic. something weird about it. the old one never have this problem.
are they replaced my mirror with a defective item?
Old 04-08-14, 01:45 PM
CBRDude
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would take the mirrors off auto and not open and close them every time you start the LX. My brother did this all the time and the mirror stopped working on his. Lexus replaced it and said the mirrors are not meant to opened and closed all the time, just occasionally.

For the seats, you need to pick your butt up vs. sliding it across the leather. Any seat will wear if you continually slide something across it, especially wearing jeans.