LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Dealer backing out of Certified pre owned warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-14, 04:02 AM
Norboo
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go visit their site and get all the contact you can and start e-mailing and calling. Tell them how they fit the “used car salesman” profile and how unhappy you are. Also, tell them you thought you were buying into Lexus trusted reputation not some cheap cliché car dealership. Print out all the ads they listed and attach them to the e-mail and go see the general manage with the print outs. Make sure you tell the manager that your next stop is to go see your attorney. Don’t take delivery as of yet. Call the corporate and complain and tell them you will take this to the media and social network.

Generally speaking, if you strike the right cord, they will take care of their customers.

Best of luck to you,
Old 02-18-14, 04:05 AM
Norboo
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On a side note, I genially always buy extended warranty based on my mileage I think I will drive. It has always paid for itself in the long run.
Old 02-18-14, 09:09 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

The Aftermarket Setup has a couple of advantages over the Factory System. They usually have two DVD slots while the Lexus plays one (at a time) from the dashboard head unit. The Lexus screens are fixed while the added pieces will pivot downward for the smaller or closer viewer. Both can play the audio throughout the cabin (Purple Dinosaurs, anyone?) but the Lexus is hardwired and the others generally are an FM feed. Ask if the headphones will automatically shut off after a few minutes of no signal, saves on batteries...get 'em to include a couple extras for your pain and suffering. Congratulation! BTW, the Auto button that appears with the various Camera Views will provide the screen when you drive under 5 MPH, just when you need to see around Snow Piles and Parking Garage Pillars etc.
Old 02-18-14, 12:08 PM
CBRDude
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was shopping the dealer asked if I wanted the CPO. If I did not want the CPO certification,they would reduce the cost another 2500.00.

We ended buying from a non-Lexus dealer and adding the warranty. They had there own certification process and I could plainly see that brakes and tires had been replaced. We also have a state inspection process that keeps rolling pieces of junk off the road and it's all online now. The carpet also had been shampooed. Some where the mats went AWOL, but they gave me an allowance and I bought a set off eBay cheaper than buying them off the shelf at Lexus.

From my perspective most dealers are minimalists, meaning they will do minimal work to get the vehicle ready for the market again. The more hands that touch the vehicle the less profit they make. I've even seen CPO's in worse shape than non-CPO vehicles and very little to clean them up.

For the price you are paying the premium for the CPO, the damn thing better be almost new looking.

Not a fan of non-OEM equipment, been burned a few times. The guy putting the equipment in goes bust and thus you have no one to fix it. Sunroof and alarm system. Both failed and was out of luck on both items. That's been 15 years ago and I'm sure not a whole lot has changed, except the guy putting it in going bust faster.
Old 02-19-14, 08:50 AM
coloradolx
Driver School Candidate

So when I read about this thread I went back to my dealer papers because I bought my car in feb 2013. I looked through the papers and nothing that said certified pre-owned. There was one paper that said sold as is no warranty and the bottom has a box said warranty and nothing box is left empty. I'm pretty pissed off but I thought I remember the Lexus headquarter sending me a paper. O and the dealer told me it's certified pre-owned. I wented to look for the paper finally found it- it states that it warranty for 3 yrs from the date 2013 or 100k miles. I think the guy from Lexus said that they don't do it but Lexus company warranty it. ???! The paper has my vin and certified number so it's a first for me with buying a car that is certified.
Old 02-21-14, 09:40 AM
lexusland
Driver School Candidate

Headrest DVD's installed and I picked her up, here are some pictures.
Dealer backing out of Certified pre owned warranty-lexuspic1.jpg

Dealer backing out of Certified pre owned warranty-lexuspic2.jpg
Old 02-21-14, 10:33 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Looking good!
Old 03-22-14, 09:31 AM
rktinc
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

buy them each a mini iPad and save the money.
Old 03-22-14, 09:37 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

congrats on the lexus.
fyi, i think i saw exact one on ebay for sale by dealer.

you got a good deal on the LX, not sure about the entertainment system. we have chosen to use ipads or samsung tablets on rear seats.