LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

09 lx hid

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-17, 01:50 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 09 lx hid

I've searched the forums but can't seem to find a simple plug and play recommendation for the fogs and headlights for this thing so that they don't look so dated (my 02 GS looks better lol). Could you guys give some recommendations (have to be available in Canada) please? I will be switching out the interior stuff to led in the next couple weeks as it seems that its 194 bulbs, so should be easy. TIA
Old 12-12-17, 03:48 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I run the Opt7 30W LED in the H11 fogs. I went with them as they were the highest rated on Amazon, though there are other good ones as well. Great performance and they easily double the amount of light on the road. No new designs are using HID anymore, all are using LED as there are many advantages including weight, durability, water resistance, and no high voltage ballast required.

Last edited by Chocolate; 12-13-17 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-13-17, 09:22 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by Chocolate
I run the Opt7 30W LED in the H11 fogs. I went with them as they were the highest rated on Amazon, though there are other good ones as well. Great performance and they easily double the amount of light on the road. No new designs are using HID anymore, all are using LED as there are many advantages including weight, durability, water resistance, and no high voltage ballast required.
I replaced the OEM fog light bulbs with 45W halogen bulbs ~3000K...very yellow, which is what you need in the fog. I have yet to see a yellow LED throw as much light forward and to the sides as a halogen bulb.

I'd replace the high beam with HIR halogen equivalents as you have a reflector housing. Same with low beams unless you have projector housings. Then simply find the equivalent HID ballast and bulb combination. I've had great service and product from DDMTuning.com. I have no idea if they export to CA.

Last edited by hankinid; 12-13-17 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-13-17, 03:07 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks I didn't even think about led for the headlights, will see what Amazon Canada has.

Old 12-13-17, 03:08 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

I prefer yellow as well (have the hem yellow in my GS). Might look at an led for those as well

Originally Posted by hankinid
I replaced the OEM fog light bulbs with 45W halogen bulbs ~3000K...very yellow, which is what you need in the fog. I have yet to see a yellow LED throw as much light forward and to the sides as a halogen bulb.

I'd replace the high beam with HIR halogen equivalents as you have a reflector housing. Same with low beams unless you have projector housings. Then simply find the equivalent HID ballast and bulb combination. I've had great service and product from DDMTuning.com. I have no idea if they export to CA.
Old 12-13-17, 03:16 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

what about these?

Amazon Amazon
Old 12-13-17, 08:06 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The LED (total of 4 SMDs firing at a reflector) combined with the 2013-2015 fog reflector is very effective. I have the same bulb, but in 9005 size in the projector high beams. I would have expected the high beams to perform better, but the fogs far outperform them.

Last edited by Chocolate; 12-13-17 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-13-17, 08:26 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

The LED (total of 4 SMDs firing at a reflector) combined with the 2013-2015 fog reflector is very effective. I have the same bulb, but in 9005 size in the projector high beams. I would have expected the high beams to perform better, but the fogs far outperform them.
What made a BIG difference on my 200 was replacing the 9005 high beam bulbs with 9011 HIR bulbs. The bulbs need a very minor modification on the plastic base to fit the Toyota socket. All is explained here... http://store.candlepower.com/mohirbuba.html
Old 12-14-17, 12:49 PM
Max707
Lexus Champion

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

One problem you have in Canada is that when the light covering frost over the LEDs don’t put out enough heat to melt it so you have less light might think about up there in the cold north guess there’s been some complaints from owners of new LX’s that have LED lights
Old 12-15-17, 10:02 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Max707
One problem you have in Canada is that when the light covering frost over the LEDs don’t put out enough heat to melt it so you have less light might think about up there in the cold north guess there’s been some complaints from owners of new LX’s that have LED lights
You have the frost issue not only in Canada but in the U.S. too. One guy posted on mud that he was using 90W yellow bulbs with no problems related to overheating the foglight mounting. The reason the halogen lights are used are exactly correct.
Old 12-15-17, 10:49 AM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

So should I just stick with OEM lol? Now I am confused.
Old 12-15-17, 10:56 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pizdets17
So should I just stick with OEM lol? Now I am confused.
Stick with something in the Halogen or HID categories...any bulb that puts out some heat.
Old 12-15-17, 11:35 AM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Ah I see, as far as halogens they won't be white will they?
Stick with something in the Halogen or HID categories...any bulb that puts out some heat.
Old 12-16-17, 08:59 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pizdets17
Ah I see, as far as halogens they won't be white will they?
They're available in white, ghetto blue, and yellow. They won't be white unless that's what you buy.
Old 12-18-17, 03:04 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Def not ghetto blue lol. Any suggestions for white halogens to buy for both headlights and fogs?

They're available in white, ghetto blue, and yellow. They won't be white unless that's what you buy.

Quick Reply: 09 lx hid