Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LX Models > LX570
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

MPG, what are you getting?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-13, 10:29 AM   #1
MjThind
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area/ Valley/ So. Cal
Posts: 528
Default MPG, what are you getting?

Sup CL gang! I've been wondering what kind of MPG have you guys been getting? I have been getting pretty dismal MPG, like 12 or 13 to the gallon(after refuel average). I mean I'm young so I tendencies to go pedal to medal, but in the LX I only did it once, coming home from the dealership. After that I've been keeping the RPM's under 2500 while accelerating and when I'm at steady speed I keep it under 2000, because when I'm doing like 80MPH it's a tick under 2000 anyways. I have my DD (RX350) to go pedal to the medal so I get my itch out. I only have 1,200 miles on the beast, I don't know if the MPG has to do with the break in period or what. So what is your guys average MPG?
-MjThind
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S Rhodium Silver Metallic/Red - Weekend Warrior (On Order)
2013 Lexus LX570 Silver Lining Metallic/Black - The Cruiser
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica/Black - The Commuter
MjThind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-13, 12:25 PM   #2
ccj4
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CO
Posts: 8
Default My MPG

For a 2010 LX, always with premium gas, Michelins at slightly above rec pressure, and high altitude environment: Back and forth to work on the 23 mile trip each way, 1/3 city streets and 2/3 highway at 65 mph with some stop and go traffic: 17 to about 18.5 mpg; on trips with all highway outside city limits: 20 to 22 mpg at 75 to 80 mph. But, when driving the Trail Ridge Highway in Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park stop and go in traffic above 10k feet, I think I was at about 12 mpg. I think this is a vehicle where the driving environment and driving style can make a difference. As you might be able to tell, I keep track of the numbers. Enjoy the ride.
ccj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-13, 07:46 PM   #3
deusex
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ny
Posts: 100
Default

16.2 MPG combined. 11,000 miles year 2013.
deusex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-13, 04:35 AM   #4
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 980
Default

16-17 around town and 18-19 on the highway. Mid grade BP on Michelins.

I am happy as I did not buy my third LX for it fuel economy
__________________
Greg in Jax, FL
2014 RX F-SPORT
2013 LX570
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 11:54 AM   #5
MjThind
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area/ Valley/ So. Cal
Posts: 528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccj4 View Post
For a 2010 LX, always with premium gas, Michelins at slightly above rec pressure, and high altitude environment: Back and forth to work on the 23 mile trip each way, 1/3 city streets and 2/3 highway at 65 mph with some stop and go traffic: 17 to about 18.5 mpg; on trips with all highway outside city limits: 20 to 22 mpg at 75 to 80 mph. But, when driving the Trail Ridge Highway in Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park stop and go in traffic above 10k feet, I think I was at about 12 mpg. I think this is a vehicle where the driving environment and driving style can make a difference. As you might be able to tell, I keep track of the numbers. Enjoy the ride.
Damn, did you do some number crunching! Always 91 octane here too. I'm still running the factory Dunlops, are the Michelins you're running on the LX low resistance tires? Or did the slightly higher PSI make a difference? Thanks I've been thoroughly enjoying it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by deusex View Post
16.2 MPG combined. 11,000 miles year 2013.
I think my mileage might have to do with breaking in period. Do you primarily drive on the highway?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ggebhardt View Post
16-17 around town and 18-19 on the highway. Mid grade BP on Michelins.

I am happy as I did not buy my third LX for it fuel economy
Damn, how do you manage those numbers? I didn't buy it for economy either, I bought it because the comfort level. I was just expecting to get around 15-16 mpg, with my driving environment: 60% highway 40% city, was I expecting too much?
MjThind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 07:54 PM   #6
T4Fun
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
T4Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,114
Default

in our gx, our gas mileage is 11-12 in winter time. we warm it up for a few minutes in morning.
expect the LX to get even worse in winter time
__________________
2010 GX 460 Premium- Starfire Pearl - Sepia - ML - Park Assist - sold

2014 GX 460 Luxury - Starfire Pearl - Sepia - Driver support.
T4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-13, 08:16 PM   #7
MjThind
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area/ Valley/ So. Cal
Posts: 528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Fun View Post
in our gx, our gas mileage is 11-12 in winter time. we warm it up for a few minutes in morning.
expect the LX to get even worse in winter time
Wow really? How did you manage those numbers? I mean this thing(or your GX) isn't a Prius but I guess 15-16 MPG was too high of an expectation...
__________________
2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S Rhodium Silver Metallic/Red - Weekend Warrior (On Order)
2013 Lexus LX570 Silver Lining Metallic/Black - The Cruiser
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica/Black - The Commuter
MjThind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 04:09 AM   #8
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 980
Default

Once you get the LX into top gear and keep your speed under 70 getting 18mpg is not that hard. I have even seen 20+ at 45-55mpg.

It is all in how you drive the vehical on the highway.

Around town the best you can do is anticipate your stops ahead. Getting 6000lbs back up to speed is always a problem.

Your "I'm young so I tendencies to go pedal to medal" should not allow you to expect more than the low teens!
__________________
Greg in Jax, FL
2014 RX F-SPORT
2013 LX570
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 04:40 AM   #9
T4Fun
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
T4Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjThind View Post
Wow really? How did you manage those numbers? I mean this thing(or your GX) isn't a Prius but I guess 15-16 MPG was too high of an expectation...
just saying, in winter time, gas mileage drops, esp when warming it up.

but, the GX 460 excels on highway. ive gotten 24-25 mpg easily on highway keeping speed under 70. thats almost like v6 car numbers.
__________________
2010 GX 460 Premium- Starfire Pearl - Sepia - ML - Park Assist - sold

2014 GX 460 Luxury - Starfire Pearl - Sepia - Driver support.
T4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 04:57 PM   #10
MjThind
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area/ Valley/ So. Cal
Posts: 528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggebhardt View Post
Once you get the LX into top gear and keep your speed under 70 getting 18mpg is not that hard. I have even seen 20+ at 45-55mpg.

It is all in how you drive the vehical on the highway.

Around town the best you can do is anticipate your stops ahead. Getting 6000lbs back up to speed is always a problem.

Your "I'm young so I tendencies to go pedal to medal" should not allow you to expect more than the low teens!
Yea I only did WOT one time, coming home form the dealership after that when I accelerate I keep it under 2500 and when I am at a constant speed it is always under 2000. I got 14.3 this time, hopefully I'll do better next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Fun View Post
just saying, in winter time, gas mileage drops, esp when warming it up.

but, the GX 460 excels on highway. ive gotten 24-25 mpg easily on highway keeping speed under 70. thats almost like v6 car numbers.
My rule of thumb when warming up both of my cars is wait until the RPMs fall under 1000 after that I feel it's good to go, it's usually a good minute or two. In the winter the air is denser so shouldn't it be the vice versa?
__________________
2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S Rhodium Silver Metallic/Red - Weekend Warrior (On Order)
2013 Lexus LX570 Silver Lining Metallic/Black - The Cruiser
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica/Black - The Commuter
MjThind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 06:53 PM   #11
tkbalt
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: IN
Posts: 141
Default

I get 15+ around town - 18 or 19 on the Hwy if I keep the speed under 80. I use premium and have access to ethanol free fuel much of the time.
__________________
2009 LX570
2003 LS430 - Sold
2001 ES300 - Sold
1998 ES300 - Sold
1995 ES300 - Sold
1994 ES300 - Sold
tkbalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-13, 08:32 PM   #12
MjThind
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area/ Valley/ So. Cal
Posts: 528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbalt View Post
I get 15+ around town - 18 or 19 on the Hwy if I keep the speed under 80. I use premium and have access to ethanol free fuel much of the time.
I always use Chevron premium or 76 when there isn't a Chevron with in a 5 mile radius, but I have no access to ethanol free gas , it's Cali, what are you gonna do...
__________________
2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S Rhodium Silver Metallic/Red - Weekend Warrior (On Order)
2013 Lexus LX570 Silver Lining Metallic/Black - The Cruiser
2010 Lexus RX350 Matador Red Mica/Black - The Commuter
MjThind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 06:22 PM   #13
Bawa
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ON
Posts: 9
Default

I get 14-15mpg around town and 19-20mpg on the freeway. I run stock tire pressure (32psi), Shell VPower almost all the time - and I don't baby it around.
Bawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-13, 07:26 PM   #14
JesseFung
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 5
Default

12 city and 16 combined
JesseFung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-13, 12:07 PM   #15
MjThind
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area/ Valley/ So. Cal
Posts: 528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawa View Post
I get 14-15mpg around town and 19-20mpg on the freeway. I run stock tire pressure (32psi), Shell VPower almost all the time - and I don't baby it around.
Damn how do you manage 15 in the city? I barely manage 12, and I baby it around a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseFung View Post
12 city and 16 combined
Around what I get, what's your driving style? Aggressive, passive aggressive, regular, gentle, etc...

Last edited by MjThind; 11-15-13 at 11:40 PM..
MjThind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-13, 12:07 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is your real world MPG.. I'm currently driving a TDI PetesLS400 CT 200h Model 22 02-23-14 01:22 PM
Dealer Ignored Wind Issue! MjThind RX - Third Generation 57 12-08-13 05:47 PM
MPG better when driven hard, Highway Sweetspot hypervish RX - First Generation 20 10-15-13 12:50 PM
What Gas Station Do You Prefer? MjThind RX - Third Generation 1 04-21-13 11:56 AM
Been Averaging 26-29 MPG LexFather Hybrid Technology 5 05-10-11 12:57 PM


Tags
460, gas, gx, mileage, worse

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info