LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

LX570 vs Infiniti qx56 vs Toyota Land Cruiser vs Yukon Denali

Old 07-28-13, 01:18 PM
radiohead
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LX570 vs Infiniti qx56 vs Toyota Land Cruiser vs Yukon Denali

My wife and I are expecting soon and we are in the market for a safe and luxurious SUV. We thought about the smaller cross overs but need the extra room.

I have driven the infiniti and yukon denali and found them both pretty good. I have yet to drive the LX or land cruiser. I expect that they will both have a more luxurious interior. How are they to drive? Is there a lot of body roll? Is the steering very numb and the ride very "floaty?"

Are you happy with your purchase? Any buyer's remorse?

thanks
Old 07-29-13, 01:43 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 494 Likes on 375 Posts

I test drove a q56 and it was horrible. The interior was cheap and it had a lack of power. All flash but no dash. Not that the LX handles like a race car but the Q felt like an overloaded boat.

I do not buy GM products.
Old 07-29-13, 10:08 AM
ERC4
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The LandCruiser definitely handles better than the LX because of its KDSS suspension. I went with the LX in 2010 over the LC because the LX offered so many luxury touches that were unavailable on the LC. With the 2013 update the LC has definitely closed the luxury gap to the point where I'd probably go with the Toyota today for the better handling and 10k in my pocket.
Old 07-29-13, 10:38 AM
radiohead
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I test drove a q56 and it was horrible. The interior was cheap and it had a lack of power. All flash but no dash. Not that the LX handles like a race car but the Q felt like an overloaded boat.

I do not buy GM products.
That's a bit confusing. The infiniti beats the Lexus in bhp, torque and power to weight ratio. The lexus definitely has more luxury, brand recognition and arguably exterior styling.

Is there much difference between the lexus and LC in terms of every day driving and interior luxury? I guess I'll have to see for myself. I do agree that saving money is a good thing.

I always thought I would be driving around in a M5. Oh well, family comes first.
Old 07-29-13, 06:23 PM
rktinc
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LC vs other SUV's

We graduated from a Limited 4Runner in 2004 to a new Land Cruiser. The Lexus seemed like a rhinestones on a pair of levi's to us at the time. The Land Cruiser has been flawless. It has handled family duty for our two children now since their birth. At only 80k miles, it has a lot of life (and value) left in it. It is this amazing retained value that has me thinking about trading up to a newer model.

Now the Lexus seems more palatable to us. The current Land Cruiser is a bit bland in it's current configuration. The 2013 has addressed much of the issues, but the Lexus just seems to be the best looking of the two at this point. Ideally, I will purchase a low mileage, 2013 Land Cruiser next year and order a set of 2013 Lexus wheel take off's to dress up the new Land Cruiser.

If you study the used market, the LX570 takes a much larger depreciation hit in that first 20,000 miles or so than the Land Cruiser. I think that is a good value story. I just can't justify $90+ for any vehicle, but a low mileage, LX570 from a Lexus Certified lot for $60k or so minus my $20,000+ trade makes a whole lot of sense to me next year or so.

Try that trade with a 10 year old GM product

RKTINC
Old 07-30-13, 03:23 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 494 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by radiohead
That's a bit confusing. The infiniti beats the Lexus in bhp, torque and power to weight ratio. The lexus definitely has more luxury, brand recognition and arguably exterior styling.

Is there much difference between the lexus and LC in terms of every day driving and interior luxury? I guess I'll have to see for myself. I do agree that saving money is a good thing.

I always thought I would be driving around in a M5. Oh well, family comes first.
You might be confused but it is how Q felt to me.

As far as the LC, for the price difference, I will take the LX.

Saving Money? WHy are you looking at either models?
Old 07-31-13, 12:59 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To each his own, but I would definitely agree with radiohead and would not overlook QX. Back in January of this year we were in the same boat. LX570 or QX56. After multiple test-drives, features, price, looks ( yes we like the look of QX 56), we have decided to go with 2012 QX56. IMHO It handles great and has more power than LX. LX is certainly a great SUV, but I couldn't justify paying 20K more for just the name.
Old 08-01-13, 07:50 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Land Cruiser or LX570. Can't lose either way. Too pricey for me, but definitely a dream car. Keep it forever.

Personal bias here, as I am interested in one, but maybe wait a bit for the 2014 GX460 to come out. It's a little smaller and less powerful, but still a great option and a terrific value. 90% of the LC/LX but at 70% of the price.
Old 08-01-13, 01:00 PM
ossme
Driver School Candidate

We have all 4 in my family and this how I rank them:

1- Lexus LX570 -
Best build quality and ride comfort.
Needs better brakes.
2- Infinity Q56 -
Great engine, drivetrain, and features.
The ride is detached, the seats are not as comfy as the LX, and the trucks started rattling after some time (we have two).
3- Land cruiser -
The build quality is the same as the Lexus. So, it is built like a tank.
It lacks in features compared to the others.
4- GMC Denali -
Cheapest truck in the group, and a great engine.
The transfer case is not great for offloading, the styling is old, the features and quality are not as great as the first two but is inline with the Toyota, and Road Noise is high for a luxury truck.
Old 08-01-13, 08:51 PM
radiohead
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
You might be confused but it is how Q felt to me.

As far as the LC, for the price difference, I will take the LX.

Saving Money? WHy are you looking at either models?
Because saving money and getting value for your hard earned money makes perfect sense to me and I'd have to say everyone else except you
Old 08-05-13, 06:35 AM
CBRDude
Rookie

Stay away from the GMC unless you need the truck. For the money you're spending you still have to use a key to start it and a fob to gain entry. It's technology is so outdated it's not even funny!.

The Infiniti has it's own following and demographics. Although nice it lacks the heavy duty feel. The cheaper Infiniti's fit and finish are much better than the QX.

The LC seems like a better ride than the LX. Your only hurtle is getting people to buy into the fact your driving a 80K + vehicle. You won't command the attention from other lux owners. People may even look at you and roll there eyes if you told them you spent 80K on a Toyota.

The LX is very nice, the suspension is a bit mushy at times. Excellent build quality. Fit and finish is great! The service is off the wall along with prices. They cater to a elite crowd of people.
Old 08-17-13, 08:43 AM
craigbsa
Driver School Candidate

Default I started with LC

Being a little older I started with a 1991 LC and raised my family with it. I am picking up its replacement today LX 570.
Old 08-17-13, 10:09 AM
watch37
Driver

Default I went with the LX over the QX

Last year we also were looking at a used 2009 LX and used 2011 QX. Ended up getting the LX. Here was my assessment:

QX -

more room, especially in third row
better tech available like blind spot monitor, overhead 360 camera
fold flat third row, vs side folding third row in LX
for kids, dual DVD, vs single overhead dvd in LX ( changed in 2013 model though)
slightly better power

LX -

slightly easier to drive
better build quality, tighter fit finish
better looking, sorry but the QX is too bubbly, the sizing of the curves looks nice on their G and is ok on the FX, but just does not work on the QX. Needs to be redesigned in a major way