Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LX Models > LX570
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Cargo Box

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-13, 09:41 PM   #1
VSL-F
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
VSL-F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 163
Default Cargo Box

The family and I will be taking several road trips this summer to Montana and Florida and I was considering buying a cargo box to install on the top of the LX. Anyone have any experience with cargo boxes to make a recommendation on what a good brand is? My wife said when she used to live in Colorado she would see Thule a lot. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
2008 Obsidian IS-F: Joe-Z Intake & Exhaust, TOM's Filter, Lexon Front Lip & Roof Spoiler, Lexon CF Fogs, LED's, Black Pearl Emblems, Blacked Out Grill, DRL Delete, DVD/Navi Bypass
2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h F-Sport Special Edition: LED conversion (sold)
2013 Starfire Pearl LX570: black chrome rims, black pearl emblems on the way.
VSL-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 02:34 AM   #2
ggebhardt
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
ggebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 996
Default

I have used Thule kayak and bike racks on my LX and I must say they are top quality. They are somewhat modular in design and look good. Quality is outstanding. Check out their website.
__________________
Greg in Jax, FL
2015 LX570
ggebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 07:08 AM   #3
VSL-F
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
VSL-F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggebhardt View Post
I have used Thule kayak and bike racks on my LX and I must say they are top quality. They are somewhat modular in design and look good. Quality is outstanding. Check out their website.
Great. Thanks. I was checking out the website last night and their products do seem high quality. The cargo boxes look very aerodynamic as well.
__________________
2008 Obsidian IS-F: Joe-Z Intake & Exhaust, TOM's Filter, Lexon Front Lip & Roof Spoiler, Lexon CF Fogs, LED's, Black Pearl Emblems, Blacked Out Grill, DRL Delete, DVD/Navi Bypass
2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h F-Sport Special Edition: LED conversion (sold)
2013 Starfire Pearl LX570: black chrome rims, black pearl emblems on the way.
VSL-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-13, 09:32 PM   #4
ERC4
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSL-F View Post
The family and I will be taking several road trips this summer to Montana and Florida and I was considering buying a cargo box to install on the top of the LX. Anyone have any experience with cargo boxes to make a recommendation on what a good brand is? My wife said when she used to live in Colorado she would see Thule a lot. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks.
I've used a Thule Atlantis 2100 on our '10 LX for 3 years. When mounted as far back as possible it is so quiet you don't even know it's there. And the 21 cu feet of room is great for skis or extra cargo room. I highly recommend it.
ERC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 07:25 PM   #5
VSL-F
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
VSL-F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC4 View Post
I've used a Thule Atlantis 2100 on our '10 LX for 3 years. When mounted as far back as possible it is so quiet you don't even know it's there. And the 21 cu feet of room is great for skis or extra cargo room. I highly recommend it.
Thanks for the rec. I'm going with Thule after researching it. Just have to decide how big. 16-17 cu feet vs 20-21.
__________________
2008 Obsidian IS-F: Joe-Z Intake & Exhaust, TOM's Filter, Lexon Front Lip & Roof Spoiler, Lexon CF Fogs, LED's, Black Pearl Emblems, Blacked Out Grill, DRL Delete, DVD/Navi Bypass
2012 Starfire Pearl CT200h F-Sport Special Edition: LED conversion (sold)
2013 Starfire Pearl LX570: black chrome rims, black pearl emblems on the way.
VSL-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 07:25 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to Florida. Just moved from Colorado isanc25u Southeast 2 11-25-13 11:46 AM
ISF owners in Alberta or Montana Bakewalk IS F 14 03-16-13 04:19 PM
Donz "Montana" wheel??? BUSTN The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum 8 11-28-05 08:46 PM
Favorite Movie Quote LT. LEX The Clubhouse 65 02-22-04 03:41 AM


Tags
box, cargo, lexus, lx470

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:27 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info