LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Next Gen LX info cencept rumors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-14, 04:31 AM
triplenet2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget about the new CAFE standards set to change in 2016 - so its more likely that many of the vehicles will require redesign for that year .....
Old 03-21-14, 09:52 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashron
I hope Lexus updates its LX at the 8 year cycle point and not 10. The current version is behind it's competition on many levels and the VERY LOW number of units being sold reflect that. However, since the LX shares many parts with the Tundra and Sequa, and the Tundra was just refreshed for 2014, I doubt the LX would be updated before it's 10 year cycle mark. Its a shame especially since the Mercedes GL is selling like crazy and the Range Rover has a waiting list several months long!
LX is way behind on all technology. Even the GX has features the LX doesnt, which is why i shyed away from buying an LX at this point.
Old 03-24-14, 06:46 AM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just went for 2014 MB GL 550. Sorry Lexus but you starting to **** me off.
Old 03-24-14, 09:23 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

After watching my poor neighbor and his new Range Rover, I will pass. It has been in the shop more than in his garage.
Old 03-24-14, 09:50 AM
yakim
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

After owning a Land Rover and some german cars, I would pass, no matter how nice or high tech. Besides, LX was never meant to be cutting edge anything, but rather bullet-proof, luxurious and all-terrain
Old 03-24-14, 06:57 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by deusex
Just went for 2014 MB GL 550. Sorry Lexus but you starting to **** me off.
you will be sorry down the road. let us know how many times it goes in the shop
Old 03-26-14, 10:12 AM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
you will be sorry down the road. let us know how many times it goes in the shop
Time will tell.
And Lex is not a perfect car either. Went to Canada this January (family trip) It was cold there -5C. During the night windshield cracked. Went to dealer to state my problem, but was blamed for it and ended up paying 2K for replacement.
Old 03-26-14, 12:03 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

LX is way behind on all technology. Even the GX has features the LX doesnt, which is why i shyed away from buying an LX at this point.

Yea when you can get a Kia base whatever with BSM lol---not that I would get a kia, LX is WAY behind the times, so someone else can buy my LX570 until the new version comes out.
Old 03-26-14, 12:15 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Booyah
Yea when you can get a Kia base whatever with BSM lol-

^^^THIS!! This is my biggest pet peeve, that every loaner I drive (IS, ES, RX) has this feature, but the 2014 LX does not.

I didn't post this back then, but when I went to the local auto show a couple of months ago, my reaction was that the Lexus lineup, especially the SUVs, was getting to be very long in the tooth. The GL seemed so much nicer, quite frankly. Now, I'm not about to go buy a Mercedes (or anything else), but that's what I saw.
Old 03-26-14, 02:54 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by caha14
^^^THIS!! This is my biggest pet peeve, that every loaner I drive (IS, ES, RX) has this feature, but the 2014 LX does not.

I didn't post this back then, but when I went to the local auto show a couple of months ago, my reaction was that the Lexus lineup, especially the SUVs, was getting to be very long in the tooth. The GL seemed so much nicer, quite frankly. Now, I'm not about to go buy a Mercedes (or anything else), but that's what I saw.
i have no idea how one finds a GL interior better than a lexus. Looks frankly quite drab and un modern. below is pic from a GL
MB is just a fancy chysler. always was, always will be.

youre right about the LX though except the interior
Attached Thumbnails Next Gen LX info cencept rumors?-2014-gl-class-suv-gallery-018-goi-d.jpg  

Last edited by T4Fun; 03-26-14 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-26-14, 03:18 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

i have no idea how one finds a GL interior better than a lexus. Looks frankly quite drab and un modern. below is pic from a GL MB is just a fancy chysler. always was, always will be. youre right about the LX though except the interior
I should've been more clear; by "nicer" I meant feature wise. I saw some nice touches on the MB's interior, but there's other stuff I didn't like (which your picture reminded me of).

Even with the GX, Lexus added some things, but they left things like auto folding mirrors out and kept that same cheapo (relative to LX, LS and even IS) gauge cluster/info center. Go figure.
Old 08-30-14, 03:38 PM
Alaska
Rookie

Originally Posted by deusex
Is
there any information, rumors, spy shots or at least concept drowings on next Gen LX?
Or after the refresh we wont see nextGen LX for a really long time?
As you know, the LX and the Land Cruiser are brothers. From this interview with a Toyota executive, he hints at the upcoming Land Cruiser changes, although being tight lipped, so what he says could mean anything from "yes in 2015" to "yes there is an expected change", but when though?

Click on the video and go to minute 17.

FYI this link below is being censored because it contains the letters "s-h-i-t" as part of the Japanese guy's name: y-o-s-h-i-t-s-u-g-o. Just replace the 4 stars with the censored stuff.

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2014...**sugu-toyota/

Old 09-16-14, 11:49 PM
emaratee
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
After watching my poor neighbor and his new Range Rover, I will pass. It has been in the shop more than in his garage.
Hate to say it,

Having owned Range Rovers since 2003 till date and a current owner of loaded GX460 for 2 years .. I'd rather go back to the Range Rover with all it's hick ups than put up with the wobbly Lexus trucks ...

Unibody vs. BOF ... not contest there
Old 09-22-14, 03:08 PM
gstanton
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you clarify wobbly ?
Old 09-23-14, 07:49 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Originally Posted by emaratee
Hate to say it,

Having owned Range Rovers since 2003 till date and a current owner of loaded GX460 for 2 years .. I'd rather go back to the Range Rover with all it's hick ups than put up with the wobbly Lexus trucks ...

Unibody vs. BOF ... not contest there
Unibody < BOF

Quick Reply: Next Gen LX info cencept rumors?