Trouble in color land !

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-13, 05:53 PM
Oryx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble in color land !

Hi All !

I've been reading and learning so much from your posts since I recently discovered this gem of a forum. Thank you all for the insightful comments & detail that go into your posts.
One thing I have to say is that I'm convinced I need to get on the LX 570 bandwagon, ASAP !

Here's my situation:

Im about to purchase a 2013 LX 570.

I need to decide on a color. All the colors look wonderful however I'm really liking the Starfire White Pearl, Mercury Metallic, and the Nebula Pearl Gray.
The interior will be beige ! At least I have that covered :

In addition, I'm planning on giving it a nice all around light tint, so that it looks a little bold and be cool in the summer.

I'm ready to buy the vehicle today, but can't decide on what color to get. So, any suggestions for a person in my situation ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Oryx; 02-24-13 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 02-23-13, 06:41 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Oryx
Hi All !

I've been reading and learning so much from your posts since I recently discovered this gem of a forum. Thank you all for the insightful comments & detail that go into your posts.
One thing I have to say is that I'm convinced I need to get on the LX 570 bandwagon, ASAP !

Here's my situation:

I need to decide on a color. All the colors look wonderful however I'm really liking the Starfire White Pearl, Mercury Metallic, and the Nebula Pearl Gray.

I'm ready to buy the vehicle today, but can't decide on what color to get. So, any suggestions for a person in my situation ?

Thanks in advance
Starfire... That tri-coat metallic white is beautiful, and the beige-on-white combination is stunning, IMHO.

Otherwise, Nebula, though I think that one would look better with the black interior (which is out for you).

Congratulations - please post pictures once you get it!
Old 02-24-13, 02:58 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Hi All !

Here's my situation:

Thanks in advance
Of the colors you are considering, I would also pick the Starfire White Pearl. This color, in the sun, is spectacular. I am into black LX colors but the white is really nice. In the end, it is YOU that has got to make that choice. What ever color you pick, you will enjoy.

Welcome!
Old 02-24-13, 03:22 AM
Oryx
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Thanks Caha14 & ggebhardt !

Seems like the Starfire White Pearl is popular here, and I can see why. The white exterior along with the graphite wheels are a nice match. And with an all around light tint, I can see a beautiful picture

I'd like to say that I've got 2 other vehicles in the color Gray, but the BMW gray that's kind of Smoked Gray looking. One being a "Steel Gray" and the other a "Seal Gray". I like the Nebula Gray on the Lexus, however looking at it at different times of the day I'm left with a confusing image because the color seems to be very dynamic and changes according to sunlight.

How do you guys feels about the Mercury Metallic & Nebula Gray ?

Last edited by Oryx; 02-24-13 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 02-24-13, 04:50 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

The Nebula is dynamic. Depending on the light it can change dramatically. It is a hard choice.

Not big on the Mercury. Too much silver on the road these days. What I do like about the Mercury is you can get the black interior. I would have liked to have had the black interior with my black LX.

Have you considered Onyx? LOL!

Good luck with your choice, like I said, you will enjoy what ever you pick!
Old 02-24-13, 07:27 AM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Congrats on your new LX!! The new look of the front grill is awesome.

I have only had my '10 for a month and absolutely love it....although it needs HIDs. Mine is Mercury Metallic with the charcoal grey interior.

My vote is for the Nebula Grey....best looking color in my opinion. Is there a charcoal grey interior option with the Nebula Grey exterior?

Last edited by slowdiver; 02-24-13 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-24-13, 09:50 AM
caha14
Racer

Originally Posted by slowdiver
Is there a charcoal grey interior option with the Nebula Grey exterior?
No, grey interior was replaced by black starting in MY2011.
Old 02-24-13, 10:36 AM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caha14
No, grey interior was replaced by black starting in MY2011.
I like the black interior better anyway. I wish my '10 LX had black interior. I have the Mercury Metallic and black interior combo on my GS.
Old 02-24-13, 11:02 AM
caha14
Racer

I like the black interior better anyway. I wish my '10 LX had black interior. I have the Mercury Metallic and black interior combo on my GS.
You and I both! Absent that (in MY2010), we wanted the dark grey, but of course we had to take what Lexus allocated to our dealership after several months, so we are stuck with the beige, which is pretty, but a pain to keep clean.

It seems like the process is now better (from what others have posted), but at the time, buying a new Lexus that was not on the lot could be a major pain. Information was hard to come by, it was inconsistent, etc., and allocations seemed to happen at random times within the month. And I'm not even talking special order here... My last two new purchases were not particularly enjoyable because of this - you wait a long time, pay a lot of money, and may not actually get what you wanted. Anyway, rant off
Old 02-24-13, 02:20 PM
Oryx
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on your new LX!! The new look of the front grill is awesome.

I have only had my '10 for a month and absolutely love it....although it needs HIDs. Mine is Mercury Metallic with the charcoal grey interior.

My vote is for the Nebula Grey....best looking color in my opinion. Is there a charcoal grey interior option with the Nebula Grey exterior?
Hi slowdriver

How do you like your LX, and how do you find the Mercury Metallic on the roads ?

I'm sure you can get the above quoted color combo at the dealership. Only problem might be the wait
Old 02-24-13, 02:24 PM
Oryx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
The Nebula is dynamic. Depending on the light it can change dramatically. It is a hard choice.

Not big on the Mercury. Too much silver on the road these days. What I do like about the Mercury is you can get the black interior. I would have liked to have had the black interior with my black LX.

Have you considered Onyx? LOL!

Good luck with your choice, like I said, you will enjoy what ever you pick!
Thanks ggebhardt !!

I'm sure I will be happy as you say

I have much respect for Lexus and the Toyota history, as I used to have a 70 series Land Cruiser
Old 02-24-13, 06:32 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All !

Here's my situation:

In addition, I'm planning on giving it a nice all around light tint, so that it looks a little bold and be cool in the summer.

Thanks in advance
Congratulations on your purchase. I have had both colors on Lexus vehicles in the past, my IS convertible was nebula gray, and my stolen LX was mercury metallic. Must say my preference for large cars are either white or black, took silver because it was in stock. I recommend black over beige due to difficulty in keeping light upholstery clean, especially in a SUV.

Pic of my convertible in nebula gray, beautiful in sunlight!

Pic of my stolen LX, mercury metallic, hides dirt better than the nebula gray, not as dynamic as the liquid platinum!

I think that white (starfire pearl) and black (black onyx) look best. My new one is black on black.

It is your decision!
Old 02-25-13, 12:28 AM
Oryx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dochusar
Congratulations on your purchase. I have had both colors on Lexus vehicles in the past, my IS convertible was nebula gray, and my stolen LX was mercury metallic. Must say my preference for large cars are either white or black, took silver because it was in stock. I recommend black over beige due to difficulty in keeping light upholstery clean, especially in a SUV.

Pic of my convertible in nebula gray, beautiful in sunlight!

Pic of my stolen LX, mercury metallic, hides dirt better than the nebula gray, not as dynamic as the liquid platinum!

I think that white (starfire pearl) and black (black onyx) look best. My new one is black on black.

It is your decision!

dochusar !

Those are some very nice rides that you have. Nice pictures, gives a little more perspective on how the Nebula Gray would look.

I'm sorry about your stolen LX ! I hope they caught the individual responsible.

In regards to what you mentioned about the Liquid Pearl, is that the equivalent to Nebula Gray ?

Thanks for your reply.
Old 02-25-13, 12:33 AM
Oryx
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation

I have one more question to ask in regards to the ride quality of the LX 570. Do you find the drive and ride quality to be too soft ?

The reason I ask, is because I prefer a bit stiffer ride almost close to the LC 200 VXR type of suspension.

I've already test driven my friends LX 570. The car was a beast, but I preferred driving it on "sport mode", so I want to ask what would happen if I left my future LX on "sport mode" the whole time ?

In all honesty, I think I might only drive it on "sport mode".
Is that okay ?
Old 02-25-13, 12:50 AM
dochusar
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dochusar !

Those are some very nice rides that you have. Nice pictures, gives a little more perspective on how the Nebula Gray would look.

I'm sorry about your stolen LX ! I hope they caught the individual responsible.

In regards to what you mentioned about the Liquid Pearl, is that the equivalent to Nebula Gray ?

Thanks for your reply.
Liquid platinum is the silver present on the new ES and GS, a slightly different silver that is rich and changes color in light and compares to mercury metallic.

Quick Reply: Trouble in color land !