LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Trouble in color land !

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-13, 12:52 AM
dochusar
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oryx
I have one more question to ask in regards to the ride quality of the LX 570. Do you find the drive and ride quality to be too soft ?

The reason I ask, is because I prefer a bit stiffer ride almost close to the LC 200 VXR type of suspension.

I've already test driven my friends LX 570. The car was a beast, but I preferred driving it on "sport mode", so I want to ask what would happen if I left my future LX on "sport mode" the whole time ?

In all honesty, I think I might only drive it on "sport mode".
Is that okay ?
Nothing would happen, I usually leave mine in sport or normal, I find comfort too wobbly, driving off road is recommended in sport mode.
Old 02-25-13, 01:19 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Oryx
I have one more question to ask in regards to the ride quality of the LX 570. Do you find the drive and ride quality to be too soft ?

The reason I ask, is because I prefer a bit stiffer ride almost close to the LC 200 VXR type of suspension.

I've already test driven my friends LX 570. The car was a beast, but I preferred driving it on "sport mode", so I want to ask what would happen if I left my future LX on "sport mode" the whole time ?

In all honesty, I think I might only drive it on "sport mode".
Is that okay ?
Around town, 90% of the time I keep mine in sport mode. Long trips I have used normal or even comfort. It is all about how you want it to feel and handle. It is nice that that the LX gives us a choice.

I remember that my first LX drive left me with the impression it was a beast but you will be surprised and the LX can be more nimble than you think. It is a formidable vehicle.
Old 02-25-13, 01:39 AM
Oryx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
Around town, 90% of the time I keep mine in sport mode. Long trips I have used normal or even comfort. It is all about how you want it to feel and handle. It is nice that that the LX gives us a choice.

I remember that my first LX drive left me with the impression it was a beast but you will be surprised and the LX can be more nimble than you think. It is a formidable vehicle.
Thanks. That's a relief ! As long as it's not too soft I'm happy
Old 02-25-13, 01:41 AM
Oryx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dochusar
Nothing would happen, I usually leave mine in sport or normal, I find comfort too wobbly, driving off road is recommended in sport mode.
I completely agree with you "comfort mode" was wobbly yet too soft for me. I guess it's great to have options
Old 02-25-13, 01:51 AM
Oryx
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Just to add about the LX 570 being nimble, I've been on a desert excursion trip in the Middle East, where many different SUVs were participating. There was only one LX 570 on that trip, the rest were all LC 200s, Nissan Patrols, Mitsubishi Pajeros, and pick up trucks ( Chevy & Ford & Toyota & GMC).

The LX looked and performed as good if not a little better than the other SUVs. And I say that because there were 70 series Toyotas & one Land Rover Defender on that trip. Looked too good in the desert, IMO. I wish I had taken pictures of that trip, so that I'd be able to share them here

Now that I think about it, that LX 570 had the 18 inch wheels, I believe it was a 2009 model. Not sure what difference the 18 inch vs 20 inch wheels diameter would play in off road performance, but that LX 570 took things to the next level

PS- I know I've deviated off the original topic, and it's because I still haven't made up my mind on the color. I guess I'll give it an extra week till I finally decide.

Thanks again !!
Old 03-08-13, 02:29 AM
LXdude
Driver School Candidate

I'm working in the Abu Dhabi now, and recently picked up a 2013 LX570, the first thing I noticed here was there different interior color options, while back in the US, we just have either beige or black, here there is also saddle/black option. I ended up with that option with gray exterior. I'll snap some pics to show you.

But the comment made about about the 18" wheels is correct too. For desert driving it's preferred to have more sidewall to allow for deflation of the tire when off roading. You need the 60 series tires.

The local Lexus agent/dealer shows some of those options on their spec page for the LX, you can see it here: www.lexus.ae

Another odd thing is that both US spec cars and the UAE cars use the same 5.7 engines with same engine code, yet the US spec has 383 bhp, while the UAE have 362 hp... don't know if its just a different unit of measurement or if the engine tuning is intentionally programmed differently.

I really like the gray, but really wish they had a cyprus green exterior option, similar to the effect shown in the Lexus website in this gallery photo

http://www.lexus.com/models/LX/galle...k.jsp?i=0&j=11

It would have been awesome in green.

good luck and let us know what you decide.

cheers

Wael

Last edited by LXdude; 03-08-13 at 02:32 AM.
Old 03-08-13, 07:42 AM
Oryx
Driver School Candidate

Hi LXDUDE !!

Thanks for your input ! How do you like your Nebula Gray exterior as opposed to other LX colors ?
I might just go with that color. Still unsure though.
Interesting, I've never heard of the Cyprus Green exterior option.

Here's a pic of a black LX I saw at the dealership yesterday :
Attached Thumbnails Trouble in color land !-image.jpg  
Old 03-10-13, 01:35 AM
LXdude
Driver School Candidate

Oryx,

Lexus used to have the Cyprus Green, on the previous LX470, its a stunning color, when I saw this photo below on the Lexus website I got excited, thinking they're offering it again for 2013, but alas, it turned out to be a photo filter of some kind that makes the gray look green.

Here is how I got mine configured:

Hope these images show up...

I was lucky that in the UAE, they offered the gray exterior with the saddle semi-aniline leather, but otherwise our choices are the same as the US, all beige or all black.

I do like the black exterior you showed above, but its hard work keeping it clean. The white looks great too because of the gray wheels. It actually looks a bit sporty, the contrast is nice between the gray wheels and white body. Overall, its hard to go wrong no matter what you decide.

Whatever you decide. I highly recommend you have 3M clear film protection on the body done. I had the headlights, fog lights, front bumper including the radar and front camera, side view mirrors, as well as the full hood, the two fenders fully covered, the front pillars and the roof area in front of the sunroof done. This film makes a huge difference in how your car will age. Not to mention, saves your radar and camera lens from scratches due to sand, gravel, dirt, salt...etc. It was a bit pricey because I didn't use the pre-cut kits, I had the 3M authorized center cut to fit from rolls. Here is a link to 3M's website: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...otection/Film/

cheers

Wael

Last edited by LXdude; 03-10-13 at 01:48 AM.
Old 03-10-13, 03:36 AM
Oryx
Driver School Candidate

LXdude

Thanks for the pictures. All around, with that setup I'd keep a car like that for a very long time

That's a great looking rig you've got. I've seen this color combo before on a black LX and they're AWESOME !!

It makes the LX look more sporty, but I'm indifferent with the interior option for myself and kind of like beige too.

I do plan on giving the car a light all around tint, any specific brands you suggest ? Something like a 30% all around tint. Many friends suggest a 3M tint

One last request, and it's completely fine if you cannot deliver, can you kindly post exterior photo of your LX ? The Nebula Pearl Gray is a very dynamic color in my opinion, and I'm trying to see as many angles of it as I can.

Thanks again