Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LX Models > LX570
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

My LX570 HID AFS Dash Light Issue- Fixed

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-13, 06:11 PM   #1
UZ214
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
UZ214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DE
Posts: 1,098
Default My LX570 HID AFS Dash Light Issue- Fixed

So guys last year i bought a certified 08 lx570, great car but missing the HIDs..no problem i said to myself since i put it in the 2006 lx470..this should be similar

I got some HIDs 4300k from Xenondepot (great quality and awesome output) installation was ok, little more effort than i expected..but the thing that drove me NUTS was the AFS..

I read around in the forums that if we have enough play in the wire where the bulb/ lamp sits the AFS would work since it would move without any thing stopping it..and to trouble shoot it was just a a Pain in the A$$.. i mean on the driver side unless you take the battery out every time to adjust the wires inside was just too much effort. The problem i was having ...is the AFS would work with out any issue for some time about 20-50 miles but if i hit a Bump or something it would just throw the AFS light on the dash and it kept blinking .. i would turn the car off an on it would go away...so i did it for about a month...i was ok with it but after a while it drove me nuts.

Even if i turned the AFS off from the dash it would still throw that light..so i didnt really care for AFS anymore i looked at the manual and just disabled it by taking the fuse out from box under the passenger side dash..now everything is great.

its the fuse number #11 5A ...for AFS

I have HID without that stupid AFS light + its all level nothing crazy

just thought of sharing if someone runs in the same issue..you can always take the HID out and put in the fuse and everything stock again
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images
 
__________________
LX570-/LS430
IS-F 08 Smokey Granite/Black- sold
Lx470 -06 - sold
gs400, 2000 pearlwhite 20" forged wheels, 4pc rotora bbk, srt intake, greddy evo2 exhaust, tein cs 2, srt TC. (sold)
Rx330, 05 - Stock (sold)
RX330, 04 stock (sold)
Ls400, 95- sold

Last edited by UZ214; 02-22-13 at 06:35 PM..
UZ214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 09:02 PM   #2
slowdiver
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)
 
slowdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Beach, SoCal
Posts: 560
Default

Thanks for posting this. I just picked up a '10 LX570 and its killing me that it does not have HID lights.

Nice work on pulling the fuse, but after HID install, can't you just permanently turn the AFS off by using the dash button? It would still light up even after disabling it?
__________________
'08 GS350 RWD|Auto Couture Intensive Trance 20"s|Wald Front/Rear Lips(molded)|Aimgain Sides w/puddle LEDs|Artisan Spirits Fenders|LX-Mode Grill|PPE Headers|Greddy Custom SE Catback Exhaust|K&N Typhoon Air Intake|F Sport Sways|F Sport Shocks|Megan Springs w/ 2" drop|Ultra Racing STBs & LCBs|FIGS Moto Toe Links & FXM Moto Mega Arms|Superpro front LCA rear poly bushings|Sun Hyper Voltage GT|Blitz TC|Fabulous Eye Lines|HID fogs|Optima|Lojack|V1 hardwire.
'10 LX570 fully loaded
'98 GS400 SOLD

slowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13, 01:44 PM   #3
UZ214
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
UZ214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DE
Posts: 1,098
Default

This is exactly i was thinking, just turn the button off and that would solve it. But it didn't i guess whenever you start the car it checks the AFS system..if anything out of the ordinary it will throw that blinking yellow AFS light on the dash the dash (on/off) does not matter ...to it

if the fuse it out it just bypass that and no light on the dash..

Again that is just my experience and observation..but since the fuse it out i have driven few days and no light

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdiver View Post
Thanks for posting this. I just picked up a '10 LX570 and its killing me that it does not have HID lights.

Nice work on pulling the fuse, but after HID install, can't you just permanently turn the AFS off by using the dash button? It would still light up even after disabling it?
__________________
LX570-/LS430
IS-F 08 Smokey Granite/Black- sold
Lx470 -06 - sold
gs400, 2000 pearlwhite 20" forged wheels, 4pc rotora bbk, srt intake, greddy evo2 exhaust, tein cs 2, srt TC. (sold)
Rx330, 05 - Stock (sold)
RX330, 04 stock (sold)
Ls400, 95- sold
UZ214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13, 02:42 PM   #4
slowdiver
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)
 
slowdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Beach, SoCal
Posts: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZ214 View Post
This is exactly i was thinking, just turn the button off and that would solve it. But it didn't i guess whenever you start the car it checks the AFS system..if anything out of the ordinary it will throw that blinking yellow AFS light on the dash the dash (on/off) does not matter ...to it

if the fuse it out it just bypass that and no light on the dash..

Again that is just my experience and observation..but since the fuse it out i have driven few days and no light
Good to know.... I'll be doing HID and LEDs soon. Thanks again for posting.
__________________
'08 GS350 RWD|Auto Couture Intensive Trance 20"s|Wald Front/Rear Lips(molded)|Aimgain Sides w/puddle LEDs|Artisan Spirits Fenders|LX-Mode Grill|PPE Headers|Greddy Custom SE Catback Exhaust|K&N Typhoon Air Intake|F Sport Sways|F Sport Shocks|Megan Springs w/ 2" drop|Ultra Racing STBs & LCBs|FIGS Moto Toe Links & FXM Moto Mega Arms|Superpro front LCA rear poly bushings|Sun Hyper Voltage GT|Blitz TC|Fabulous Eye Lines|HID fogs|Optima|Lojack|V1 hardwire.
'10 LX570 fully loaded
'98 GS400 SOLD

slowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13, 07:11 PM   #5
caha14
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
caha14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 961
Default You can have your cake AND eat it...

It was a major pain, but I got AFS to work long-term (others had as well - before me).

Post #20: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx57...dlights-2.html
__________________
2010 LX570 - Black Onyx/Cashmere (El Jefe)

2010 LS600hL - Starfire Pearl/Ivory-Black Two-Tone

Gone (but not forgotten) Lexi...
2008 LS460L
2007 GS350AWD
2004 GX470
caha14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-13, 10:28 PM   #6
UZ214
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
UZ214's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DE
Posts: 1,098
Default

i did read your thread and that is one of the reasons i actually got the the HIDS ...but i did try to troubleshoot but mine over few days but they would work like in a garage, but when i drive it after some miles something would mess it up i guess the wires inside would move or whatever and i don't have that much time on my hands..i think one issue is the stock bulbs are like L shaped and the HIDs bulbs are more like straight like and "I" so the when the wires are connected to them they almost hit the dust cover ..i think this can also be solved if we can some where get slim or thin or HID bulbs like the stock ones..


Quote:
Originally Posted by caha14 View Post
It was a major pain, but I got AFS to work long-term (others had as well - before me).

Post #20: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lx57...dlights-2.html
__________________
LX570-/LS430
IS-F 08 Smokey Granite/Black- sold
Lx470 -06 - sold
gs400, 2000 pearlwhite 20" forged wheels, 4pc rotora bbk, srt intake, greddy evo2 exhaust, tein cs 2, srt TC. (sold)
Rx330, 05 - Stock (sold)
RX330, 04 stock (sold)
Ls400, 95- sold
UZ214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 11:07 AM   #7
caha14
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
caha14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UZ214 View Post
i did read your thread and that is one of the reasons i actually got the the HIDS ...but i did try to troubleshoot but mine over few days but they would work like in a garage, but when i drive it after some miles something would mess it up i guess the wires inside would move or whatever and i don't have that much time on my hands..i think one issue is the stock bulbs are like L shaped and the HIDs bulbs are more like straight like and "I" so the when the wires are connected to them they almost hit the dust cover ..i think this can also be solved if we can some where get slim or thin or HID bulbs like the stock ones..
That's what I remember as well (on the profile of the bulbs). To boot, when the AFS is in its "neutral" position, the back of the bulb is not lined up with the center of the dust cover, but slightly off to the side, so the wires need to loop to the opposite side and under - just enough but not too much (i.e., there can't be too much resistance when the AFS is pulling the harness as it turns in one direction, or when it "pushes" the opposite way ).

Enjoy your lights!
__________________
2010 LX570 - Black Onyx/Cashmere (El Jefe)

2010 LS600hL - Starfire Pearl/Ivory-Black Two-Tone

Gone (but not forgotten) Lexi...
2008 LS460L
2007 GS350AWD
2004 GX470
caha14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 11:27 AM   #8
slowdiver
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)
 
slowdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Beach, SoCal
Posts: 560
Default

I guess another option for people with older LX models is to swap in the '13 OEM HID lights.

Would the '13 lights work with the older AFS functionality? Would this type of swap be easier than the one that is described above? What would be the best option be to utilize the '13 OEM HIDs?

I really want to be able to retain the AFS functionality.
__________________
'08 GS350 RWD|Auto Couture Intensive Trance 20"s|Wald Front/Rear Lips(molded)|Aimgain Sides w/puddle LEDs|Artisan Spirits Fenders|LX-Mode Grill|PPE Headers|Greddy Custom SE Catback Exhaust|K&N Typhoon Air Intake|F Sport Sways|F Sport Shocks|Megan Springs w/ 2" drop|Ultra Racing STBs & LCBs|FIGS Moto Toe Links & FXM Moto Mega Arms|Superpro front LCA rear poly bushings|Sun Hyper Voltage GT|Blitz TC|Fabulous Eye Lines|HID fogs|Optima|Lojack|V1 hardwire.
'10 LX570 fully loaded
'98 GS400 SOLD


Last edited by slowdiver; 02-24-13 at 11:40 AM..
slowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 11:55 AM   #9
caha14
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
caha14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdiver View Post
I guess another option for people with older LX models is to swap in the '13 OEM HID lights.

Would the '13 lights work with the older AFS functionality? Would this type of swap be easier than the one that is described above? What would be the best option be to utilize the '13 OEM HIDs?

I really want to be able to retain the AFS functionality.
The upgrade to '13 lights with full functionality is a work in progress, and even Sewell Lexus has put that mod on hold as there are some compatibility issues with wiring harnesses, etc.

If you want to retain AFS functionality as I wanted to, you can, but you might need time and a lot of patience. Then again, I got lucky with the passenger side on the first try, and it was just the driver's side that took a lot of tweaking. It could very well work for you on the first try too, so go for it!
__________________
2010 LX570 - Black Onyx/Cashmere (El Jefe)

2010 LS600hL - Starfire Pearl/Ivory-Black Two-Tone

Gone (but not forgotten) Lexi...
2008 LS460L
2007 GS350AWD
2004 GX470
caha14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-13, 02:42 PM   #10
slowdiver
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (10)
 
slowdiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Beach, SoCal
Posts: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caha14 View Post
The upgrade to '13 lights with full functionality is a work in progress, and even Sewell Lexus has put that mod on hold as there are some compatibility issues with wiring harnesses, etc.

If you want to retain AFS functionality as I wanted to, you can, but you might need time and a lot of patience. Then again, I got lucky with the passenger side on the first try, and it was just the driver's side that took a lot of tweaking. It could very well work for you on the first try too, so go for it!
I figured somebody was working on this swap already. If anyone comes out with it, it will be Daryl at Sewell. Sewell has always been solid.

Maybe I will just pull the fuse until the OEM swap comes out or if you have the time to do a write-up on some install pointers that would be great.
__________________
'08 GS350 RWD|Auto Couture Intensive Trance 20"s|Wald Front/Rear Lips(molded)|Aimgain Sides w/puddle LEDs|Artisan Spirits Fenders|LX-Mode Grill|PPE Headers|Greddy Custom SE Catback Exhaust|K&N Typhoon Air Intake|F Sport Sways|F Sport Shocks|Megan Springs w/ 2" drop|Ultra Racing STBs & LCBs|FIGS Moto Toe Links & FXM Moto Mega Arms|Superpro front LCA rear poly bushings|Sun Hyper Voltage GT|Blitz TC|Fabulous Eye Lines|HID fogs|Optima|Lojack|V1 hardwire.
'10 LX570 fully loaded
'98 GS400 SOLD

slowdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-13, 11:39 PM   #11
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!
Trader Score: (25)
 
Ay-nako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Queens, NY to Hella Vegas!
Posts: 4,705
rensino ay-nako04 ay-nako ay_nako
Send a message via AIM to Ay-nako
Default

good info...
__________________

Current:
'14 GX460
'13 GS350 F-Sport - Skipper
'04 LS430 Junction Produce
'00 GS300 Junction Produce - GTE
'99 Toyota Land Cruiser TRD SC
Follow me on instagram Ay_Nako
Ay-nako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-13, 11:39 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do ABS, VSC and AFS have in common? don460 LS460, LS460L and LS600h 2 04-14-14 03:15 PM
2008 IS 250 AFS problem? WaqMan22 IS - Second Generation 23 03-10-14 10:51 PM
is Base RX pre wired for AFS turn lights? dragosdor RX - Second Generation 3 01-03-13 03:31 PM
AFS light blinking...? NYDesi80 GS - Third Generation 2 12-10-11 07:34 AM
AFS Light Keeps Blinking Mompos IS - Second Generation 8 06-16-11 10:02 PM


Tags
08, 95, afs, bypass, dash, dashboard, es300, es330, fix, hid, hids, icons, lexus, light, lights, lx570, yellow

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info