LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

My 2013 LX570 Stolen/Carjacked

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-13, 03:20 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

sorry to hear. no one likes anything lost, esp stolen. glad that the dealer was very accommodating
Old 02-22-13, 05:14 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

love the Black on Black!
Old 02-22-13, 05:29 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just read this wonder if they are in on your car??

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2013...s-forest-hills
Old 02-22-13, 05:57 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
Just read this wonder if they are in on your car??

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2013...s-forest-hills
I doubt it, a brand new high end Lexus SUV, I bet it is on a container heading to Africa or Russia.
Old 02-22-13, 05:58 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Overall, thanks for your comments. I have the aggravation of replacing my personal property in the car. I am very fortunate that I have a very accommodating dealer, it really one of the reasons that I love to stay and deal with one dealership. I guess they consider me a good customer.

Last edited by dochusar; 02-22-13 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-23-13, 08:03 AM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dochusar
Overall, thanks for your comments. I have the aggravation of replacing my personal property in the car. I am very fortunate that I have a very accommodating dealer, it really one of the reasons that I love to stay and deal with one dealership. I guess they consider me a good customer.
Lexus has replaced two vehicles for me although neither was for theft. In both cases, there were defects or damages and in one case vandalism while at the dealership. We refused to accept the return of our vehicles and after some negotiation with the dealership they were replaced.

Hypothetical question ... what difference would it have made if your vehicle had been stolen while it was at the Lexus dealership rather than at a detailing shop? It sounds like your dealership is indeed very accommodating, but would they have done more if it happened on their property? That was a factor in both of our replacements, especially the vandalism incident.
Regards,

SaniDel

P.S. It would be interesting to know which insurance company paid for the replacement ... the dealership's, the detailer's ... or yours!
Old 02-23-13, 04:27 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SaniDel
Lexus has replaced two vehicles for me although neither was for theft. In both cases, there were defects or damages and in one case vandalism while at the dealership. We refused to accept the return of our vehicles and after some negotiation with the dealership they were replaced.

Hypothetical question ... what difference would it have made if your vehicle had been stolen while it was at the Lexus dealership rather than at a detailing shop? It sounds like your dealership is indeed very accommodating, but would they have done more if it happened on their property? That was a factor in both of our replacements, especially the vandalism incident.
Regards,

SaniDel

P.S. It would be interesting to know which insurance company paid for the replacement ... the dealership's, the detailer's ... or yours!
In New Jersey, a no fault state, I will be paid by my insurance company minus my deductible. If my insurance company gets paid from the detailer's insurance company, then I will get back my deductible.

At the present time, it looks my car, business and homeowners insurance companies are all gathering to go after the detailer's insurance company. Lexus financial will likely also go after them as well due to the gap coverage provision.
Old 02-23-13, 05:44 PM
SaniDel
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dochusar
At the present time, it looks my car, business and homeowners insurance companies are all gathering to go after the detailer's insurance company. Lexus financial will likely also go after them as well due to the gap coverage provision.
As they should! From what you have told us, the detailer is at least negligent and may also be culpable. Thanks for telling us the "happy ending" to what started like a very sad story. Enjoy your new LX ... especially as it is the color you wanted!
Regards,

SaniDel
Old 03-01-13, 09:20 AM
ndg
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a frightening story. I drove my wife's LX to work in Philadelphia this morning. While waiting to make a left turn, I noticed someone driving slowly and intently checking out my car. I don't usually pay attention to that kind of thing, but this time it gave me an uncomfortable feeling. I just noticed this thread from last week. I’ll definitely mention it to her.

Our LX is white with tan interior. It looks sharp, but I think I prefer the black like yours. It’s nice you were able to get a new one without too much trouble.
Old 03-03-13, 03:36 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ndg
That's a frightening story. I drove my wife's LX to work in Philadelphia this morning. While waiting to make a left turn, I noticed someone driving slowly and intently checking out my car. I don't usually pay attention to that kind of thing, but this time it gave me an uncomfortable feeling. I just noticed this thread from last week. I’ll definitely mention it to her.
Be vigilant and careful.
Old 03-19-13, 06:29 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Well, I was called by my insurance company that my Silver '13 LX570 was officially declared as a total loss.

They will now settle with Lexus Financial.

Interesting tidbit, on February 19th, the car received a parking ticket in Elizabeth (NJ), was notified 8 days later.

Last week caught a guy driving a Porsche SUV, apparently the only one reported stolen in New Jersey, the police are trying that this guy was part of the gang that stole my car.

Now I have the unpleasant experience of dealing with my homeowner and business insurance to try to get the contents of the vehicle covered.

I am glad that I got my replacement LX so quickly.
Old 03-20-13, 08:42 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

yes, glad everything worked out. you've been a busy young man. you're going through the whole 2013 lexus line up. GS,LS and now an LX. what's next...
Old 03-24-13, 04:02 AM
dochusar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
yes, glad everything worked out. you've been a busy young man. you're going through the whole 2013 lexus line up. GS,LS and now an LX. what's next...
Guess, I am a person who started off modestly with a GS, but did not fit my needs and love my LS. I really need a SUV, loved my Porsche Cayenne, but regretfully, the new ones just did not fit my needs. The LX is only one that I considered. Just all of my leases ended in the same year.

What is next, I have always had a performance based convertible and the IS is nice, but not exactly fit the description. My choice narrows to the Mercedes SL, Jaguar, BMW M6, Maserati Gran Turisimo, and Porsche 911 cab.

Lexus does not make such a car at the present time. After looking carefully at all of the vehicles, I chose the Mercedes roadster.
Old 03-24-13, 08:57 AM
MjThind
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would choose between a 911 Turco Cab or SL63, both are completely different cars but draw the same market, power delivery is totally different.....